PDA

View Full Version : Chances of Maggs returning...

depy48
02-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Rotoworld and the Daily Southdown both have reported that Maggs wants to explore free agency. Both sources also report that KW approached Maggs for a contract extention, and Maggs wants to explore free agency. So what kind of realistic chances do we have of keep maggs in the long run...?
:hawk
"I wouldn't be surprised if by the middle of the year Maggs isn't saying, 'There's no better place that I would rather be than here,' "

Jerko
02-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Personally, I don't think Maggs will make it as a White Sox player through THIS season. He'll get traded at the deadline to a team who actually is trying to win more than the worst division in baseball.

Palehose13
02-02-2004, 12:34 PM
From everyone who i talked to and everything I heard at Soxfest, it sounded like playing for the Sox the last few years was simply not fun. Hell Doug Mienkewticz (sp?) even said something like that this offseason in the paper. With this past offseason, Maggs may realize that he won't get a better deal elsewhere and if he has a good time this year with Ozzie and co, maybe he will stay. I'm leaving my job because I don't like where I go everyday, why would Maggs be any different? I think Sox brass may be hoping that he enjoys himself this season and may stay.

Randar68
02-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by depy48
Rotoworld and the Daily Southdown both have reported that Maggs wants to explore free agency. Both sources also report that KW approached Maggs for a contract extention, and Maggs wants to explore free agency. So what kind of realistic chances do we have of keep maggs in the long run...?
:hawk
"I wouldn't be surprised if by the middle of the year Maggs isn't saying, 'There's no better place that I would rather be than here,' "

Look at how much Vlad got. Does anyone really think Maggs will get more than Vlad? I can't imagine anyone giving Maggs much if any more than the 14 million he will make this year. If the Sox are going to lose Maggs, they had better get great value for him, otherwise take their chances in the offseason and get compensation picks for him if he signs elsewhere...

Lip Man 1
02-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Two chances....

Slim and none...(and I'm betting on the later.)

Lip