PDA

View Full Version : Infield News

Lip Man 1
02-02-2004, 12:12 PM
Saw some interesting items in this week's The Sporting News, submitted for discussion:

Reds- "The lack of a proven third baseman might make the Reds move D'Angelo Jimenez there. His mediocre range makes him a defensive liability at second."

Rockies-"Royce Clayton is more dependable on routine plays then the departed Juan Uribe, bit Clayton is not much of an offensive upgrade over Uribe."

Lip

voodoochile
02-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Go for it Cinci! :D:

If Clayton is an upgrade on Uribe offensively, then Juan should just quit the game...

Maximo
02-02-2004, 12:34 PM
I would hazzard a guess if you were to ask Reds fans who has had the worst recent history morale wise between us and them......we wouldn't get very many votes.

Foulke You
02-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
If Clayton is an upgrade on Uribe offensively, then Juan should just quit the game...

LOL!! I think Mark Buehrle is a better hitter than Royce Clayton. :D: I think that Colorado writer hasn't had a chance to see Choice in action every day. I would be shocked if Uribe isn't a better hitter than K-layton.

WinningUgly!
02-02-2004, 08:49 PM
Reds- "The lack of a proven third baseman might make the Reds move D'Angelo Jimenez there. His mediocre range makes him a defensive liability at second."

Don't forget the Reds also have the great Tim Hummel to fall back on at 2B or 3B, if Jimenez doesn't get the job done.

Rockies-"Royce Clayton is more dependable on routine plays then the departed Juan Uribe, bit Clayton is not much of an offensive upgrade over Uribe."

Watching Clayton swinging for the fences in Coors Field should be hilarious! I'll bet his strikeout totals double (if that's mathematically possible)

SEALgep
02-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Watching Clayton swinging for the fences in Coors Field should be hilarious! I'll bet his strikeout totals double (if that's mathematically possible)

Totally, and the Sox believe that's why Uribe has struggled. The Sox have said they are going to get him to hit for contact, which should help him out a lot. He's hitting .275 in winter ball, which isn't stellar or bad. He's only 24 as well, room to grow and correct his plate approach.

Daver
02-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Totally, and the Sox believe that's why Uribe has struggled. The Sox have said they are going to get him to hit for contact, which should help him out a lot. He's hitting .275 in winter ball, which isn't stellar or bad. He's only 24 as well, room to grow and correct his plate approach.

Hitting .275 in winter ball means nothing,winter ball pitching is the equivelent of hitting rookie league pitchers.

SEALgep
02-02-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Hitting .275 in winter ball means nothing,winter ball pitching is the equivelent of hitting rookie league pitchers.

I never said it meant anything, I said it was neither great or terrible. But the fact is the Sox believe he will be a pretty good contact hitter, and that he is only 24 with room to improve with his plate approach. That's all I said.

voodoochile
02-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

His annual April power binge (most years 4) will increase to 6 and the Rockies will swear they have the next Babe Ruth. Of course all the remaining month totals will increase by 50% also and Royce will finish with 9.

RKMeibalane
02-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
His annual April power binge (most years 4) will increase to 6 and the Rockies will swear they have the next Babe Ruth. Of course all the remaining month totals will increase by 50% also and Royce will finish with 9.

IIRC, Royce's career high in home runs is sixteen. I'm not sure how he managed to pull that off, though.

:hitless

"I am the greatest baseball player of all time."

:hurt

"Royce, just shut the hell up."

carusochop
02-02-2004, 10:19 PM
he is only 24 with room to improve with his plate approach

Thats according to what he put, he could be older......

SEALgep
02-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by carusochop
Thats according to what he put, he could be older......
Maybe a year or two, but I doubt even that. You see his picture, he's still a baby.