PDA

View Full Version : Fans back Thomas

hose
02-02-2004, 06:32 AM
The cubune has a article about the fan support for ther Big Hurt at Sox Fest.

The young lady in the article has to be Steff.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040201sox,1,3067820.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

BeerHandle
02-02-2004, 07:31 AM
The fans have always backed Thomas. It is the pathetic media that always stirs the pot!

steff
02-02-2004, 07:47 AM
Gotta register so I haven't read it yet.. but I sure hope its not another gross exaggeration of what they claim took place on Friday night.

voodoochile
02-02-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by steff
Gotta register so I haven't read it yet.. but I sure hope its not another gross exaggeration of what they claim took place on Friday night.

Looks pretty reasonable to me. Put a slightly different light on Ozzie picking Frank as his favorite, but nothing major...

Iwritecode
02-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Looks pretty reasonable to me. Put a slightly different light on Ozzie picking Frank as his favorite, but nothing major...

It was kind of interesting when it was Ozzie's turn. They went right down the line of the guys on stage and he happened to be last. When it got to him, a number of people started yelling, "Frank! Frank!" and Ozzie said "you want to know who it really is? It's Frank." Then everyone started cheering and applauding.

It was impossible to tell if that's the answer he was planning giving in the first place or if he just said it to please the crowd. Honestly, Frank is probrably about the only player on the team that he knows really well. So I guess I'm not surprised...

jabrch
02-02-2004, 10:56 AM
"I have no problem with Frank as long as he plays the game right. When he does stuff on the field to disrespect the team, he's not respecting himself. If he hits a fly ball and doesn't run the bases, Frank won't get another at-bat. ... I'm not talking about just Frank. I'm talking about everyone."

I still don't have a problem with what Ozzie said. If he (or any of them) don't run out fly balls, they should be benched. And if someone doesn't like the fact that this is Ozzie's nature - to be a showman and say things for effect, then that's too dang bad. He is the manager.

Maggs, Buehrle, Frank, whomever - if they don't want to play the game "right" then I am glad we have a manager who will put his foot down. The country club we had for the past few years has to go.

depy48
02-02-2004, 11:15 AM
There is support for Thomas, i really do think that even Ozzie supports Thomas. In any manner, the most striking thing was the last of the article about Buehlre and Thomas.

steff
02-02-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Eh.. he quoted me incorrectly.

My quote:
"I think it's innaproprate to talk about these things in the media",
"In my opinion that stuff should be left between you all and not shared with the fans because when you go on Mac, Jerk, and Harry and make comments about Frank not calling you back it makes Frank look bad to us", I just don't think that stuff needs to be made public"..

I think leaving out the "think" and the "IMO" is misleading (again) to the tone of my comments.

steff
02-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Hey... Maybe Grobber will quote me correctly :D:

Brian26
02-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
It was impossible to tell if that's the answer he was planning giving in the first place or if he just said it to please the crowd. Honestly, Frank is probrably about the only player on the team that he knows really well. So I guess I'm not surprised...

I don't think Ozzie was going to say Frank, but he was forced to when the crowd started chanting.

Trying to remember who everyone picked on the panel...

Hahn: Loaiza
DJ: Garland
Hawk: Caballo
Kenny: "I can't answer that because it might cost me some arbitration dollars down the line" Heh heh.
Oz: Hurt