PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Guillen, Jr., Question

Viva Magglio
02-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Does Ozzie Guillen's oldest son play baseball. Those of you who went to SoxFest probably saw Ozzie, Jr., at the festivities. Except for a different hair style, he looks just like his old man. Ozzie, Jr., even has his father's familiar smile. As I said Friday night, if you want confirmation that you have aged as a White Sox fan, seeing Ozzie, Jr., as a grown up will do that. Most of us remember when he was just a little kid.

What I am wondering is if Ozzie, Jr., is a baseball player? According to the older Ozzie's profile on the White Sox Web site, the younger Ozzie is 19-years-old. One would think that someone like the older Ozzie would push the younger Ozzie into baseball, don't you think?

WinningUgly!
02-02-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Does Ozzie Guillen's oldest son play baseball. Those of you who went to SoxFest probably saw Ozzie, Jr., at the festivities. Except for a different hair style, he looks just like his old man. Ozzie, Jr., even has his father's familiar smile. As I said Friday night, if you want confirmation that you have aged as a White Sox fan, seeing Ozzie, Jr., as a grown up will do that. Most of us remember when he was just a little kid.

What I am wondering is if Ozzie, Jr., is a baseball player? According to the older Ozzie's profile on the White Sox Web site, the younger Ozzie is 19-years-old. One would think that someone like the older Ozzie would push the younger Ozzie into baseball, don't you think?

Here's a pic of Jr. & Sr.

mike squires
02-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Hopefully he hits better.

Hangar18
02-02-2004, 03:32 AM
Between him and South Side Willie,
I thought they BOTH were asking for/getting a bit too
much attention this weekend than they deserved.
just an observation.

TornLabrum
02-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

One of the more interesting sights at the WCSF booth Friday night was Ozzie, Jr. hanging around, waiting to see if anyone would recognize him. Finally he asked Mary Kay, "Do you know who I am?"

Of course she replied, "Ozzie, Jr."

He was glad that everyone remembered him. His dad would always take him to the luncheons he spoke at.

He also would always pull a pencil at our pencil pull, and he did again Friday.

southsidegirl
02-02-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

He's not bad looking...

Brian26
02-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Between him and South Side Willie,
I thought they BOTH were asking for/getting a bit too
much attention this weekend than they deserved.
just an observation.

Ok,

Hope this isn't a totally stupid question. Who is South Side Willie?
Is that the guy in the wheelchair that's always at the Cell and down in the BPB on Friday nights? I know I saw him on Saturday for sure at the Fest.

RedPinStripes
02-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Damn. Last time i saw JR was the last time i saw Ozzie in person beside at the park. That was about 10 years ago when Ozzie was living in Berwyn and he was at West Cicero Berwyn little leage field watching Jr. play.

I feel old.

WinningUgly!
02-02-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Damn. Last time i saw JR was the last time i saw Ozzie in person beside at the park. That was about 10 years ago when Ozzie was living in Berwyn and he was at West Cicero Berwyn little leage field watching Jr. play.

I feel old.

You are old! :gulp:

Viva Magglio
02-03-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Ok,

Is that the guy in the wheelchair that's always at the Cell and down in the BPB on Friday nights? I know I saw him on Saturday for sure at the Fest.

No, I believe that individual's name is George. IIRC, Dave Wills has said on his pre/post show that George commutes to the Cell from his Oak Park home. I only saw George at SoxFest on Saturday night during the SoxFest Family/Let's All Get Very Drinky Party.

Viva Magglio
02-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
One of the more interesting sights at the WCSF booth Friday night was Ozzie, Jr. hanging around, waiting to see if anyone would recognize him. Finally he asked Mary Kay, "Do you know who I am?"

Of course she replied, "Ozzie, Jr."

He was glad that everyone remembered him. His dad would always take him to the luncheons he spoke at.

He also would always pull a pencil at our pencil pull, and he did again Friday.

It seems like Ozzie, Jr., went about the weekend trying to seek a lot of recognition for whatever reason. Saturday night, he was at the Family Party and was also in the atrium bar hanging out with people. I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of Ozzie, Jr., on the main concourse throughout the season.

Hangar18
02-03-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Ok,

South Side Willie is the nickname Ive given Willie Harris.
yeah, the guy in the wheelchair is George. he rides the Lake street L every game, the guy is a huge sox fan. I pointed that out to Pinwheels, and how dedicated he is, despite the obvious inconveniences he has to deal with. Ive seen that guy at every game for countless years, and only until a couple of years ago,
Decided to make sure I always say Hello to him whenever I see him, whethere in the LF concourse, at SoxFest, or when im leaving comiskey, by the LF players parking lot. He does appreciate someone taking the time to say hello. So if anyone here ever sees him, make sure you say hello and mention how many games you mustve seen him at

Brian26
02-03-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
yeah, the guy in the wheelchair is George. he rides the Lake street L every game, the guy is a huge sox fan. I pointed that out to Pinwheels, and how dedicated he is, despite the obvious inconveniences he has to deal with. Ive seen that guy at every game for countless years, and only until a couple of years ago,
Decided to make sure I always say Hello to him whenever I see him, whethere in the LF concourse, at SoxFest, or when im leaving comiskey, by the LF players parking lot. He does appreciate someone taking the time to say hello. So if anyone here ever sees him, make sure you say hello and mention how many games you mustve seen him at

Yeah, he seems like an unbelievably dedicated fan. When I'm too tired or lazy to go to a game, I think about how much that guy goes through to make it down there. I first started seeing him back in '96 when he'd be down in the bullpen bar after every Friday night game for the Wills/Chris Kross post game show. Wills used to call him by name so he obviously knew who he was. He seems pretty knowledgable. He's always got his headphones on to listen to the radio call, and he's got a ton of Sox stickers on his wheelchair. I usually seem him somewhere along the first baseline or down in the rightfield corner when I'm at a game. I'll start saying hi to him from now on.

ewokpelts
02-03-2004, 10:27 AM
I've never seen or met this George guy, but this reminds me of a groups of 3-4 old guys that take the 35th bus out west after games. And every time I think to myself " That'll be me in 50 years", provided that Jerry dosent make me keel over in disgust before that.
Gene

Iwritecode
02-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
He's not bad looking...

You sound like my wife. That's probably one of the biggest reasons she goes with me and stands in line for all the players.

Cause they're "cute"...

southsidegirl
02-03-2004, 05:39 PM
That's not the case for me. I thought Neal Cotts was cute, but I was more pissed off than anyone when he blew in New York.

hogsmom
02-03-2004, 08:05 PM
Cute doesn't hurt, but most of us still go for the ballgame!