PDA

View Full Version : Son of Jerry

beckett21
02-01-2004, 11:51 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040131rosenbloom,1,5305320.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

Anyone else see this today? What is the significance?? AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

ScottyTheSoxFan
02-01-2004, 12:01 PM
The Sox's pitching choices go from Bartolo Colon eating up innings to Carlos Castillo just eating.
:gulp: :gulp:

it might be a long season

ode to veeck
02-01-2004, 02:39 PM
First I heard of anything on Jerry's son ...

white sox bill
02-01-2004, 03:37 PM
From one Reinsdorf to another :(:

The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree

munchman33
02-01-2004, 05:02 PM
I told you he'd find a way to live forever.

gosox41
02-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by beckett21
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040131rosenbloom,1,5305320.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

Anyone else see this today? What is the significance?? AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Rosenbloom doesn't write anything of significance. Look at the drivel he writes every Sunday. Two sentence blurbs on his opinion. Anybody can do that and try to sound witty. Certainly doesn't mean he's right or accurate.

Bob

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Is this that one guy on the score?

PaleHoseGeorge
02-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by munchman33

Don't bring me down like that, munch!

:smile:

hose
02-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by munchman33

I have visions of Reinsy sitting in a wheel chair with a blanket over him, yelling at little kids and trying to smack them with his cane as he is being pushed to the elevator at the Cell.

I think I need help :gulp:

:therapy:

Lip Man 1
02-01-2004, 10:40 PM
The only other thing that I can ever recall seeing about Uncle Jerry's spawn is that Peter Gammons mentioned him in a column a few years ago about Baseball in the Cape Cod League.

Gammons wrote that the kid, instead of working in a cushy office job, was on the road with scouts learning baseball from the ground up.

Be afraid...Be very afraid!

Lip

gosox41
02-02-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
The only other thing that I can ever recall seeing about Uncle Jerry's spawn is that Peter Gammons mentioned him in a column a few years ago about Baseball in the Cape Cod League.

Gammons wrote that the kid, instead of working in a cushy office job, was on the road with scouts learning baseball from the ground up.

Be afraid...Be very afraid!

Lip

You know it is possible that his son won't act like a bitter old scrooge and find some ways to helpt his team win. I know of the quote you're probably going to use if you haven't already, but we shouldn't be too quickto judge.

Bob

ode to veeck
02-02-2004, 10:43 AM
First I'd read of Rosenblum's stuff--he does appear to be a trash talker, who may not be a reliable source

Looking at past disasters in Chcago sports nepotistic ingeritance, we have at least a couple of real pathetic examples: Wrigley Jr. who could've cared less about the Flubs through some of their worst decades and Mike McCaskey, who played a major role of the Bears being pretty pathetic much of the last decade or more

Lip Man 1
02-02-2004, 10:54 AM
Bob:

You've lost me...what quote?

Lip

gosox41
02-03-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Bob:

You've lost me...what quote?

Lip

Lip,
I was just guessing that you were at some point going to say something about "the apple not falling far from the tree" in regards to JR's son possibly running the ship.

Bob

MetalliSox
02-03-2004, 08:09 AM
The title of his thread sounds like a horror movie. Foreshadowing?

Lip Man 1
02-03-2004, 12:56 PM
Bob:

Although you know what many psychologists and psychiatrists say about environment shaping the individual.....

"The players union has to be destroyed..."
"We're a small market team..."
"Chicago has always been a Cubs town..."
"We can't spend money ..."

I think I'm more afraid now then before!

Lip

34 Inch Stick
02-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Reinsdorf only owns a small percentage of the team. He cannot bestow the office of chairman on anyone unless consent is given by co owners. There are quite a few high powered, business savy members of ownership. I think one of these members would take on the chairmanship before the kingdom passed down through primogeniture.