PDA

View Full Version : 93 Clincher posted on MLB.com video library

MRKARNO
01-31-2004, 10:04 PM
The only time when the Sox have clinched a playoff spot at New Comiskey Park. Highlighted by Bo Jackson's 3-run blast in the 6th. Being a youngish fan (15) I never'd seen it, but got the chills watching it. I had never seen a celebration like that at new comiskey. Note: you must be subscribed to the MLB.com video package to watch the video.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/baseballs_best/mlb_bb_gamepage.jsp?story_page=bb_93reg_092793_sea cha

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-31-2004, 10:15 PM
Is it one of those games where you can buy it for like $3.95 and watch it over and over? I'd probably buy it if that's the case. I always seem to catch the ending of it on ESPN Classic and my dad always tells me how amazing it was, people stayed for over an hour celebrating.

SouthSideHitman
01-31-2004, 10:17 PM
I'm with chiwhitesox1337, I'd buy it. And hey, I come to WSI to get away from all my idiot friends who post in 1337, and now I see one here. Is there no escape?

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-31-2004, 10:18 PM
Hey! Give me a break! :) I guess that's how I was when I signed up here, I didn't talk like that but I meant for it to mean that the white sox were elite!

SouthSideHitman
01-31-2004, 10:20 PM
Well, I guess I can't hold it against you. I mean, as long as your here, you're allright with me.

MRKARNO
01-31-2004, 10:29 PM
you could also subscribe to MLB.com's Winter Ball package for a month and cancel it after a month, get to watch the video as much as you want until ST and also get to watch other great videos (Like Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS)

Chisox_cali
01-31-2004, 10:55 PM
Good find.

Man that Grebeck bunt couldn't have been anymore perfect, I love Hawk's call on the bunt, you could just hear the excitement in his voice.

mike squires
01-31-2004, 11:08 PM
That was awesome. I have it on video and get it out every now and then.

The best though is Bo's homer in his first at bat earlier in the season after his surgery. Saw it today on ESPN classic. Oopposite field nontheless!!!

Chisox_cali
01-31-2004, 11:14 PM
Another thing I noticed watching the video is how much I love those white home pinstripe uniforms and how I wish they would actually wear them sometime this year. I am 100% sick of the black uniform tops. They used to be cool, but not when you wear them 100 times a season. I wouldn't be surprised to find out if last year the Sox wore the regualr home jerseys less than 10 times all season.

RKMeibalane
02-01-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Another thing I noticed watching the video is how much I love those white home pinstripe uniforms and how I wish they would actually wear them sometime this year. I am 100% sick of the black uniform tops. They used to be cool, but not when you wear them 100 times a season. I wouldn't be surprised to find out if last year the Sox wore the regualr home jerseys less than 10 times all season.

I think Jerry Manuel was obsessed with those uniforms. I know Buehrle liked wearing them, too. I also hope that the Sox wear their normal home uniforms this season. The black ones are supposed to be for Sunday or for the occasional day game in the middle of the week.

Lip Man 1
02-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Ironic because I just watched that game this week. I have it on tape. It was amazing how dominent Wilson Alvarez was the second half of that season and through the 94 labor impasse.

I was killing time last week going through the MLB library of games and commented on how the Sox had ZERO representations. It's nice this has been corrected somewhat but there are other games that I know MLB has in their library that should be up there and aren't.

Lip

doublem23
02-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Ironic because I just watched that game this week. I have it on tape. It was amazing how dominent Wilson Alvarez was the second half of that season and through the 94 labor impasse.

I was killing time last week going through the MLB library of games and commented on how the Sox had ZERO representations. It's nice this has been corrected somewhat but there are other games that I know MLB has in their library that should be up there and aren't.

Lip

I hope that they're just treading water, so to speak, to see if this is will catch on because there are a lot of games (White Sox and not) that I wish were up there.

mrwag
02-01-2004, 04:36 PM
I was there in the right field bleachers. That was the funnest game I've ever been to. Yes, we partied for over an hour I bet!

beckett21
02-01-2004, 09:54 PM
I wasn't at that one, I was living in Cleveland at the time. But a couple buddies came out and we watched the Sox sweep the Tribe to close out the season and old Cleveland stadium. We left the parking lot with our broom waving out the window! :D:

That was a blast!!

anewman35
02-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by mrwag
I was there in the right field bleachers. That was the funnest game I've ever been to. Yes, we partied for over an hour I bet!

I was in the upper deck down the line, row 20 or so. Not the world's greatest seats, but one of the best times I've ever had at a Sox game. Maybe they can do that again this year, eh?

Foulke You
02-02-2004, 04:15 PM
I'll never forget that game. My whole family was glued to the TV set watching the game. We just about went bananas when Bo hit that homer to give us the lead. My most vivid memory ironically enough of that game, is Ozzie Guillen lifting up Joey Cora in the air in victory. Let's hope the two of them get to re-live that again in October in the same ballpark.