PDA

View Full Version : I had flashbacks...

SoxxoS
01-31-2004, 01:37 PM
Nothing like ESPN checking, re-checking and checking their facts. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/roster?team=chw)

Check out the pitching coach.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-31-2004, 01:39 PM
ahhhh!!! Is that the new pitching coach or just an error by ESPN?
:bundy

Clembasbal
01-31-2004, 01:54 PM
Th Big hurt is also placed under Outfielders...strange...somebody needs to get fired! :D: And I should get a job there. :D:

Thunderstruck30
02-01-2004, 12:06 AM
ESPN The worldwide leader in sports.

Jjav829
02-01-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Clembasbal
Th Big hurt is also placed under Outfielders...strange...somebody needs to get fired! :D: And I should get a job there. :D:

In fairness to ESPN.com, that's what they do with DH's. There are so few players classified as DH's that it's not worth it to create a separate listing so they just add them to the OF section.

As for the Nardi thing... :o:

The Critic
02-01-2004, 07:31 AM
I'll bet the Red Sox roster is up to date....

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Apparently they think Shingo Takatsu is 38 years old.

from the new hot stove report:
White Sox closer
The Sox signed Shingo Takatsu, 38, the all-time saves leader in Japan. But he throws 88 mph tops, he throws from down under, he's a trickster who lives on the outside corner and doesn't appear to have much to get left-handed hitters out.
Koch

Billy Koch remains an option if he can find whatever he lost. Damaso Marte has wicked stuff, but there's a real question whether he is mentally ready to close.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=kurkjian_tim&id=1722905

It's from Tim Kurkijan so it's not really a suprise.

SoxxoS
02-01-2004, 01:40 PM
They are turning into the Enquirer.

I mean, this is what they do...WRITE ABOUT SPORTS. When you are reading something from ESPN, you figure it to be credible.

Next thing you know, you get into an argument with your Sox buddy saying Shingo is 38 years old, and you lose 50 bucks. Then, you can't pay rent, get kicked out of your house, you wife divorces you and you are living on the street. Just like that.

Daver
02-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
They are turning into the Enquirer.

I mean, this is what they do...WRITE ABOUT SPORTS. When you are reading something from ESPN, you figure it to be credible.

Next thing you know, you get into an argument with your Sox buddy saying Shingo is 38 years old, and you lose 50 bucks. Then, you can't pay rent, get kicked out of your house, you wife divorces you and you are living on the street. Just like that.

I'd never live in the street,I get a packing crate under a bridge.

:bandance:

jabrch
02-01-2004, 01:46 PM
If anyone is thinking of PAYING ESPN.COM to manage their fantasy sports leagues, DONT. I used them for football this year and they sucked - bigtime.