PDA

View Full Version : Dan Jiggetts

ScottyTheSoxFan
01-30-2004, 11:12 PM
the big guy said on fox news at 9 that he would not be surprised to see jr put the team up for sale. he says he thinks with the way baseball is now adays and it is time for jr to step back. please let this happen

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-30-2004, 11:14 PM
I wish one of the local papers would ask Jerry to open the books sort of like the people in milwaukee did with the brewers! He'd be forced to sell! The only thing I'd be worried about if JR put the team up for sale is if some corporate owners bought the team and only cared about making $$$ and not about the fans.

SoxxoS
01-31-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
I wish one of the local papers would ask Jerry to open the books sort of like the people in milwaukee did with the brewers! He'd be forced to sell! The only thing I'd be worried about if JR put the team up for sale is if some corporate owners bought the team and only cared about making $$$ and not about the fans.

Jerry does a good job of that himself.

Please sell Jerry. Please. I think you are a good person who really wants to win, but the time has come for a different owner now. Stay in the organization somehow, b/c I think with the right owner and budget, KW can lead us to the promise land.

CubKilla
01-31-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
the big guy said on fox news at 9 that he would not be surprised to see jr put the team up for sale. he says he thinks with the way baseball is now adays and it is time for jr to step back. please let this happen

Who says all football players are stupid?

:sellreinsy

soxnut
01-31-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Jerry does a good job of that himself.

Please sell Jerry. Please. I think you are a good person who really wants to win, but the time has come for a different owner now. Stay in the organization somehow, b/c I think with the right owner and budget, KW can lead us to the promise land.

You know, I saw him tonight(fri) at Soxfest. He was walking around the lobby with two guy, went into the sportsbar, etc. Very few people seemed to recognize him. He looked quite a bit older than the last time I saw him in person(which was about two years ago). He seems to be limping a little bit, lost weight..I wonder if there is anything wrong with his health. I hope he's ok. To me, just observing him though, I felt there's probably a good chance of him selling over the next few years.

SoxxoS
01-31-2004, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
You know, I saw him tonight(fri) at Soxfest. He was walking around the lobby with two guy, went into the sportsbar, etc. Very few people seemed to recognize him. He looked quite a bit older than the last time I saw him in person(which was about two years ago). He seems to be limping a little bit, lost weight..I wonder if there is anything wrong with his health. I hope he's ok. To me, just observing him though, I felt there's probably a good chance of him selling over the next few years.

I don't know if Jiggets was speculating, b/c I didn't see the broadcast, but he made it sound like Reinsdorf was going to announce the selling this weekend, at Soxfest. That doesn't seem like a very Reinsy-like thing to do though.

poorme
01-31-2004, 09:30 AM
No way he sells while the Brewers are for sale at the same time.

gosox41
01-31-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I don't know if Jiggets was speculating, b/c I didn't see the broadcast, but he made it sound like Reinsdorf was going to announce the selling this weekend, at Soxfest. That doesn't seem like a very Reinsy-like thing to do though.

He isn't selling the team this weekend. It's asmazing how much people read into comments. Based on what I've read here, Jiggetts was just saying what most have said for years, that h te game has passed him by and he is incapable of running the team.

Bob

ScottyTheSoxFan
01-31-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by soxnut

here he is
jr (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/photo?slug=cxsc10101310114.white_sox_guillen_cxsc1 01&prov=ap)

34 Inch Stick
01-31-2004, 12:27 PM
He looks fine to me. The man is at or near 70 years old. Why in the world would he ever sell. He might resign his position as chairman but he would never sell. Could you think of a better toy for a wealthy man in his 70's who loves baseball.

He only owns a small portion of the team. Then again Jiggetts was never known for doing his homework (except, I assume, at Harvard).

dickallen15
01-31-2004, 01:00 PM
There have been rumors that the investors have been wanting to sell for years. Initially, Reinsdorf had a very small ownership stake, but had controlling interest, and supposedly right of first refusal if any of the investors wanted to sell. I have heard that his piece of the team has grown over the years. I really don't think he wants to sell.

Medford Bobby
01-31-2004, 03:31 PM
I caught that comment last night on the REBROADCAST on the dish and thought that it would be odd to even mention this as a story....if it's only "chatter"....ALSO did he keep saying that this the "24th" annual Soxfest?? I thought it started the year after I left Chicago in 1991.............and he said that twice too............Will watch the weekend coverage tonight................

:reinsy " I will announce at Soxfest that we will whitewash the outside in the park, and then in 10 years declare the park is to old to renovate and have to move to Scottsdale"