PDA

View Full Version : Chicago bragging rights update

cheeses_h_rice
09-05-2001, 11:01 PM
Flubs 77-62
Sox 72-67 5 gb

With 23 games to go...think the Sox can finish w/ a better record? Yes, I believe!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
09-05-2001, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Flubs 77-62
Sox 72-67 5 gb

With 23 games to go...think the Sox can finish w/ a better record? Yes, I believe!

Very possible & ohhhh how sweet that would be!!!

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2001, 01:50 AM
Woa! We already won the Crosstown Classic, so we've got bragging rights!

Keeping it real!

Heather the Redbird

FarWestChicago
09-06-2001, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
Woa! We already won the Crosstown Classic, so we've got bragging rights!

Keeping it real!

Heather the Redbird

You are correct. I suspect cheeses is just looking for the whole shebang so he can really gloat. :)

Randar68
09-06-2001, 10:05 AM
Well, I hope so, I have a Magnum's Steak lunch on it that they do!!!

cheeses_h_rice
09-06-2001, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

You are correct. I suspect cheeses is just looking for the whole shebang so he can really gloat. :)

You got that right, FWC! I have a certain columnist in mind and a certain letter in mind I wanna write if this indeed happens...

:moron

Please don't hurt me, Cheeses!

ode to veeck
09-06-2001, 10:20 AM
Cheeses, I like your thinking, and playing the paper tigers helps our sox confidence, but we'll have to beat the likes of toons and yankers to really pass the flubs,

when it comes down to it, we've got the big deal on the bragging rights, by winning both home and away crosstown playoffs, but

it would be a stinger if flubs still make the playoffs, even with a poorer record than the sox, distinctly possible, given where the A's are

flubs falling further behind stroh's, but engaged in the hottest race right now in the majors, NL wild card has 4 teams less than a game apart at the top of the chart

cheeses_h_rice
09-06-2001, 10:35 AM
Don't worry, Ode, this Flubbie team is NOT making the playoffs, I can assure you.

Yes, the Sox will have to really turn it on against the Tribe and Yanks and don't forget the Twinkies, but I think they can finish out the year 14-9 or something like that. Of course, my dream season is them sweeping the Tribe and the remaining games against the Twinks to finish in first by 2 games in the Central, but barring that unlikely scenario, a better record than the Flubs to go along with their 4-2 intercity record this year will serve as a nice consolation prize.

LongDistanceFan
09-06-2001, 10:39 AM
Don't worry, Ode, this Flubbie team is NOT making the playoffs, I can assure you.

Yes, the Sox will have to really turn it on against the Tribe and Yanks and don't forget the Twinkies, but I think they can finish out the year 14-9 or something like that. Of course, my dream season is them sweeping the Tribe and the remaining games against the Twinks to finish in first by 2 games in the Central, but barring that unlikely scenario, a better record than the Flubs to go along with their 4-2 intercity record this year will serve as a nice consolation prize. I like the way you think, and hope you are right.

Either way, if the sCrubbs lose, and in a fashion that will soo enrage the north side. I will stick it to every sCrubbs fan i can.

voodoochile
09-06-2001, 10:45 AM
If we pass the flubbies it will mean one of two things... They utterly fall apart, or we make the playoffs...

Personally I would prefer the second half of that statement, but in a pinch, the first will do...

ode to veeck
09-06-2001, 10:51 AM
of course , it could be nice if the flubs make it to the playoffs and totally stink up the place in exemplary fashion, except oh yeah, the sox did that last year ... never mind, I'll even root for the yuppitized giants to pass the flubs if I have to

Chisox353014
09-06-2001, 11:16 AM

You got that right, FWC! I have a certain columnist in mind and a certain letter in mind I wanna write if this indeed happens...

Please don't hurt me, Cheeses!

The Moron has been real quiet lately. He wrote another useless article about Jordan yesterday, and about Dick Jauron of all people today. With the Scrubs fading and Sham-ME back to Earth, he must be pretty depressed.
"I was going to write about that one pitcher on the Smut Sox who's doing pretty good.....what's his name?..... Mike Borley?!? Yeah, that's it!...But the demand for more non-news about Jordan was too great so I couldn't find the time. You understand, right Smut Sox fans??"

Procol Harum
09-06-2001, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
If we pass the flubbies it will mean one of two things... They utterly fall apart, or we make the playoffs...
Personally I would prefer the second half of that statement, but in a pinch, the first will do...

Wouldn't it be a hoot if BOTH happened? (not that I really think the playoffs are attainable--but I can dream, can't I?)Think of the satisfaction in turning both the Tribe and Flubs' fans' expectations on their respective heads. That'd be like climbing the Big Rock Candy Mountain...

voodoochile
09-06-2001, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum

Wouldn't it be a hoot if BOTH happened? (not that I really think the playoffs are attainable--but I can dream, can't I?)Think of the satisfaction in turning both the Tribe and Flubs' fans' expectations on their respective heads. That'd be like climbing the Big Rock Candy Mountain...

No that would be like climbing big rock candy mountain to find messica naked and ready at the top...

:messica
"Make the playoffs and I'm yours, boys..."

Iwritecode
09-06-2001, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
of course , it could be nice if the flubs make it to the playoffs and totally stink up the place in exemplary fashion, except oh yeah, the sox did that last year ... never mind, I'll even root for the yuppitized giants to pass the flubs if I have to

Actually, if the sCrUBS do make it to the playoffs I will have to root for them to be swept right out agian.

It was pretty hilarious back in 99 and 2000 and even 2001 to ask Cubs fans "oh yeah, which team won the last playoff game?"

I mostly got blank stares...

Procol Harum
09-06-2001, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

No that would be like climbing big rock candy mountain to find messica naked and ready at the top...
:messica
"Make the playoffs and I'm yours, boys..."

I was orginally gonna say that the Sox aceing out both the Tribe and Flubs would be of such a nature as to make one wanna cigarette afterwards... :)