PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Q&A on witesox.com

Mickster
01-30-2004, 12:55 PM
Here is the link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20040130&content_id=632225&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp)

Same banter from his hiring press comference...

PaleHoseRon
01-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Ozzie says, "You look at our roster and we have the same guys who started last year with the White Sox. The only guys we are missing from the end of the season are Carl Everett and Roberto Alomar. We lost Bartolo Colon and Flash Gordon, and we all would like to have Colon and Flash"

Classic! Here's the translation for those of us who don't speak Ozzie:

We're the same team as last year...except for our starting center fielder and second baseman...oh, and our workhorse pitcher and closer...we're really going to miss those guys...Oh man, we're screwed!

What will Ozzie do when he has to say more than "we're going to have fun. We're going to run the bases. We're going to be one big happy family"?

I don't want to get down on the guy before the season begins, but I just have to ask, is this guy in over his head? It's like he picked up the book of baseball cliches and just recites what he can remember. There is not a whole lot of substance in what he is saying to this point. I sure hope that he gets it together fast.

StepsInSC
01-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Frank will play a lot of first base during Interleague games.

:(:

In response to the abundance of right handed hitters.

Not really. The world champion Marlins last season only had two left-handed hitters in the lineup (Juan Pierre and Luis Castillo), and they played all the way to November. Give me a good right-handed hitter and not a mediocre left-handed hitter.

Well we've got plenty of mediocre right handed hitters, will they do?