PDA

View Full Version : The Cell behind Schedule?

fledgedrallycap
01-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Read a column in the Southtown citing construction to Comiskey is months behind schedue....

Opening Day promotion: BYOH - Bring Your Own Hammer

"Proprietors of several Bridgeport establishments catering to the job's workers have been hearing for a while now that the project is weeks behind schedule. An employee of one sub-contractor said his crews are doing things that should have been done a month ago, and warned of massive overtime on the horizon to ensure the work is completed by Opening Day.

"Whoever told you that is right," said a supervisor with another firm employed on the site. "The steel (erecting work) didn't start for a month after it was supposed to."

Spokesmen for the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority (the owner of the ballpark), Midwest Steel (which is erecting the girders) and the White Sox all contacted Thursday disagree. Adamantly.

"We want to stress in the strongest possible terms that we're on schedule," ISFA spokesman Chris Lackner said. "We're on schedule and looking forward to a spectacular Opening Day."

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/columns/arvia/x30-ard1.htm

munchman33
01-30-2004, 11:53 AM
I work for a major university that has several different construction companys do renovations, projects, etc. It is common for them to run months behind projections. They are still contractually obligated to finish on time, so they will book overtime as well as outsource and hire other companies to help. If they don't finish on time, they don't get paid. It's that simple.

Tekijawa
01-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
They are still contractually obligated to finish on time, so they will book overtime as well as outsource and hire other companies to help. If they don't finish on time, they don't get paid. It's that simple.

Looks like Jerry Might get a double dip then!!! No rent to be paid in 2004 and he won't have to pay the construction company!!! This guy is a smart business man!

Lip Man 1
01-30-2004, 01:31 PM
That was a GREAT column by Phil, together with Steve Rosenbloom's remarks in the Tribune I'm sure Kenny Williams wished he was staying home instead of going to Sox Fest.

I'm sure Kenny is going to say all the right things but I can't help but think that in his heart, he and other members of the organization wish they were ANYPLACE but having to talk to pissed off Sox fans this weekend. LOL

God I hope Hanger and his bunch actually DO something to show their anger.

Lip

jshanahanjr
01-30-2004, 01:57 PM
The completion of Soldier Field on time made me believe that anything is possible.

CHISOXFAN13
01-30-2004, 02:03 PM
I must be in the minority of people that are tired of hearing how the Sox are stupid for scheduling SoxFest on Super Bowl weekend.

Yera, I can tell from the sell-out Saturday that it's really affecting interest.

Newflash to those columnists and talk show hosts. The game doesn't start until 5:25, and I for one, can't take much more pregame banter. It's been two weeks already.

SoxFest ends at 3. I'm still trying to figure out how this affects the Super Bowl.

A.T. Money
01-30-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
That was a GREAT column by Phil, together with Steve Rosenbloom's remarks in the Tribune I'm sure Kenny Williams wished he was staying home instead of going to Sox Fest.

I'm sure Kenny is going to say all the right things but I can't help but think that in his heart, he and other members of the organization wish they were ANYPLACE but having to talk to pissed off Sox fans this weekend. LOL

Lip

I let my sale rep know that I was disappointed in the lack of offseason moves.

She said season ticket sales have been so so right now too, because they have done NO advertising. They plan on starting that next week. Good luck when you don't sign anyone.

The Critic
01-31-2004, 09:49 AM
I thought that yesterday on the train ride home.
Didn't seem like much had been done yet.
I'm sure they'll do what it takes to get done on time, though.

dickallen15
01-31-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

Your wish came true. Many of the Chicago papers are reporting Kenny's seminar turned into the Jerry Springer show, and Hanger stepped up to the plate.

gosox41
01-31-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
I let my sale rep know that I was disappointed in the lack of offseason moves.

She said season ticket sales have been so so right now too, because they have done NO advertising. They plan on starting that next week. Good luck when you don't sign anyone.

Why haven't they been advertising the last few months? Even the Cubs have and we all know they'll sell out if they put a pile of turds on the field.

Bob

dickallen15
01-31-2004, 10:03 AM
I've never understood why the White Sox wait so long to advertise and sell individual game tickets. I know now they sell gift certificates, but why not have actual tickets for sale for Christmas presents etc.? The Yankees have sold over 2 million tickets already.