PDA

View Full Version : Rowand's "Crash" Course


Foulke You
01-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Does anyone else find it amusing that Aaron Rowand is teaching a seminar at the Training Academy stage on Friday night at SoxFest that teaches outfield play? :smile:

:rowand
"Here's how you crash into the wall at top speed, kids!"

RichFitztightly
01-29-2004, 05:38 PM
It's amusing in the context of this message board. Especially since, a lot of people are really down on his talent level. However, he knows a hell of a lot more about playing outfield than the kids he's teaching. I'm sure he knows more about playing the outfield than 99.9% of this list. :gulp:

SEALgep
01-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly
It's amusing in the context of this message board. Especially since, a lot of people are really down on his talent level. However, he knows a hell of a lot more about playing outfield than the kids he's teaching. I'm sure he knows more about playing the outfield than 99.9% of this list. :gulp:
He sure does, but we had about 15 pages of conversation disputing it. I think he is an excellent fielder.

Foulke You
01-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly
It's amusing in the context of this message board. Especially since, a lot of people are really down on his talent level. However, he knows a hell of a lot more about playing outfield than the kids he's teaching. I'm sure he knows more about playing the outfield than 99.9% of this list. :gulp:

I think he is an above average fielder as well. I just found it funny since his trademark is crashing into the wall at top speed...I just pictured him showing 10 year old kids how to take a hit into the CF wall. :D:

SEALgep
01-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I think he is an above average fielder as well. I just found it funny since his trademark is crashing into the wall at top speed...I just pictured him showing 10 year old kids how to take a hit into the CF wall. :D:

Lol. Like this Crash, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (smash).

Foulke You
01-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Lol. Like this Crash, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (smash).

Exactly! :)

doublem23
01-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Stick a fork in these kids.

:rowand
Fundamentals? That's no fun.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-29-2004, 07:15 PM
It reminds me of SoxFest 2002 where Josh Paul gave a clinic on baserunning and catching. I thought it was so funny I even posted photographs of it here at WSI. :smile:

:versatile
"I wanted to give a clinic on playing left field, too, but there simply wasn't enough time."

:jerry
"Nevermind, Josh. They never appreciated your versatility... or my managerial acumen."

:gun
"Or my incredible throwing arm!"

:XL
"Or my clubhouse leadership."

:ohno
"This isn't too depressing..."

ode to veeck
01-29-2004, 07:17 PM
Hardhats are required apparel for the seminar ...

duke of dorwood
01-29-2004, 07:46 PM
They also had Kelly Wunsch demonstrting pitching off the mound

Randar68
01-30-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
He sure does, but we had about 15 pages of conversation disputing it. I think he is an excellent fielder.


:?: It's pretty funny how the vocal minority always thinks they've won some kind of medal because everone else is just tired of arguing the point and bashing their haeds against the wall. In terms of what else is in the AL, he's probably average, but he's not someone I would EVER want to teach my kid fundamentals, at least unless he's a much better teacher than demonstrator...

But hey, let the back-up QB get his shot, if for nothing else, to silence the love-fest.