PDA

View Full Version : SoxFest Loose Ends

Viva Magglio
01-29-2004, 06:00 PM
- I know that Mágglio Ordóńez probably will not be attending, but do we know that for sure?

- Will there be a presence at Studio 5 Friday night/Saturday morning/Sunday morning?

- Will we get decent media attention?

OneDog
01-29-2004, 06:05 PM
My gut tells me with almost 100% certainty that the answer to your third question is NO! I mean it's not like it's Cubs Convention :angry:

Hangar18
01-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Im parking my car in the Hyatt Garage, and will head over
to NBC5 early Saturday

Brian26
01-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Hangar - What time will you be there? I might stop by after grabbing a cup of coffee across the street.

Brian26
01-29-2004, 08:01 PM
By the way, I still need to buy 2 tix for Sat if any of you guys have extras!!! Let me know. I'll be there Friday night.

Brian26
01-29-2004, 08:20 PM
I think I have two tickets lined up...thanks for your help guys!

The Critic
01-29-2004, 08:21 PM
I think there will be decent coverage of SoxFest.
Certainly no flood of stories, but I think you'll see reports on the newscasts at 5 and 10 for sure.
A few fan interview pieces, probably with little kids, stuff like that.

Lip Man 1
01-29-2004, 08:25 PM
If some WSI fans (like Hanger 18) go through with their protest (whatever form that may take) I can guarantee you that it will get media coverage.

I have already warned some of my media friends that something may be going on and they said that they would watch for it.

Lip

dickallen15
01-29-2004, 08:45 PM
Someone from the Soxtalk board is going to ask Williams to resign at his Q&A tomorrow night

duke of dorwood
01-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Soxfest will be covered after the super bowl stories are completed and useless college basketball scores are given. UNLESS a fan incident happens. Then look out

Viva Magglio
01-29-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Im parking my car in the Hyatt Garage, and will head over
to NBC5 early Saturday

I probably won't make the NBC 5 events because of my hotel situation (only staying Saturday night but at a nearby hotel), but I'll be looking for you guys on TV early Saturday morning before I head out.

CHISOXFAN13
01-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
Someone from the Soxtalk board is going to ask Williams to resign at his Q&A tomorrow night

I'm sorry, but he'll be the biggest ass if he does so. That's a joke.

There are several legitimate questions to be asked tomorrow night, but calling for someone to resign on the spot is ludicrous.

I'm sure the next GM the Sox hire will be able to work magic with this self- inflicted payroll and the one after that will, too.....

soxnut
01-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I'm sorry, but he'll be the biggest ass if he does so. That's a joke.

There are several legitimate questions to be asked tomorrow night, but calling for someone to resign on the spot is ludicrous.

I'm sure the next GM the Sox hire will be able to work magic with this self- inflicted payroll and the one after that will, too.....

Yeah, he's going to look like a complete fool.

DrCrawdad
01-30-2004, 12:47 AM
I hate to brag, but...I won tickets from PaleHoseGeorge's favorite radio station, WXRT, but I don't have them yet and I don't know for sure what time SoxFest starts tomorrow and then when things end Friday.

ewokpelts
01-30-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I hate to brag, but...I won tickets from PaleHoseGeorge's favorite radio station, WXRT, but I don't have them yet and I don't know for sure what time SoxFest starts tomorrow and then when things end Friday.
5pm-9pm

kittle42
01-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
Yeah, he's going to look like a complete fool.

Well, the magic word "soxtalk" was in there, so I would agree with your assertion.

Hangar18
01-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
If some WSI fans (like Hanger 18) go through with their protest (whatever form that may take) I can guarantee you that it will get media coverage.

I have already warned some of my media friends that something may be going on and they said that they would watch for it.

Lip

I think you meant "Some SOX fans (not wsi)". If I do anything, it will be as a SOX FAN, not a WSI Fan, or PETA Fan, or LedZeppelin Fan or anything like that. If/When I do something, it will be as a Sox Fan.