PDA

View Full Version : Buck Weaver

hose
01-29-2004, 04:54 PM
Good article on Buck Weaver.....

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_perspectives.jsp?ymd=20040127&content_id=631060&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp

Baby Fisk
01-30-2004, 08:52 AM
Weaver's story is very tragic, made more so by the fact that even if he is someday reinstated, he will never know.

SSN721
01-30-2004, 11:31 AM
I have never understood why noone over brings up Weaver when talking about the Black Sox and their guilt. It is a shame what happened to him and he did have an outstanding perfiormance for the series. I also agree with the opinion that if Rose is reinstated and put in the hall then Jackson absolutely should. He certainly did no worse than Rose in my opinion and from most accounts still played hard during the series. He hit .356 I beleive (could be wrong) would be hard to say he was throwing it.

TDog
01-30-2004, 11:35 AM
Buck Weaver, not Joe Jackson, was the most tragic figure of the Black Sox scandal. He is one of the most tragic figures in baseball history. I would hate to think he died for Pete Rose's sins.

There is at least one mistake, though, that I noticed while glancing through the article. Buck Weaver's middle name was Davis, not Daniel.

Paulwny
01-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by TDog

There is at least one mistake, though, that I noticed while glancing through the article. Buck Weaver's middle name was Davis, not Daniel.

It's a cold slow day anyway I guess it depends on the source.

Baseball Reference and Baseball Library list Daniel.
A book I own, "Sox- The complete record........" Lists Davis.

I guess I'm bored today.