http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/7046705

rmusacch
01-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/7046705

Semantics but it should be Dodgers' not Dodger's

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Now the sox will be able to do a trade with the dodgers to get some pitching! :)

SEALgep
01-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Semantics but it should be Dodgers' not Dodger's
Thanks buddy, I typed it the second the info came out. That's information Lol.

SEALgep
01-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Now the sox will be able to do a trade with the dodgers to get some pitching! :)
That's my guess. KW will only do it if it is a good deal for us, so it still may not happen. However, they have to do something. Hopefully it works out, but KW won't rush into a stupid deal.

rmusacch
01-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks buddy, I typed it the second the info came out. That's information Lol.

I did not mean to be a dick. I just thought someone else would correct it. I could care less.

soxfan26
01-29-2004, 05:18 PM
:walnuts :wright :koch:

How about a package deal?

SEALgep
01-29-2004, 05:20 PM
I did not mean to be a dick. I just thought someone else would correct it. I could care less.
I should have put it all in teal, I was just busting your chops, I wasn't really pissed. Just kidding around, sorry.

kittle42
01-29-2004, 05:27 PM

I probably would have. I think I may be getting infamous for that around here. :smile:

FanOf14
01-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
I probably would have. I think I may be getting infamous for that around here. :smile:

There is another correction in this thread that you've missed (or at least, did not mention). You're slipping! :D:

voodoochile
01-29-2004, 05:30 PM

Not to be a dick and just for the sake of nitpicking, I think the expression you are lookingn for is "I couldN'T care less."

I mean if you are going to be picky about other people's grammar and syntax errors, you should be perfect yourself, no? :D:

soxfan26
01-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by soxfan26
:walnuts :wright :koch:

How about a package deal?

Why can't I make the Koch picture work? It's as if the file has disappeared...

Could it mean he was already traded?

voodoochile
01-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Why can't I make the Koch picture work? It's as if the file has disappeared...

Could it mean he was already traded?

No, it means you left out the b as in : bkoch: without the space. Like this...

:bkoch:

soxfan26
01-29-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
No, it means you left out the b as in : bkoch: without the space. Like this...

:bkoch:

So much for trying to launch a conspiracy theory. Leave it to a moderator to spoil the fun :smile:

SEALgep
01-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Koch is going to be around like it or not. Dodgers don't have a need and any deal is going to be iffy with who KW asks for, let alone trying to drive Koch and his salary down their throats. I wish Koch was making less, but I believe he'll rebound and have a solid year. I think we'll be glad to have him- don't throw stuff at me. With him and the other pen guys we have, we have lots of options and capable people. The more the better. And if a deal wit the Dodgers was struck and we ended up with Mota, well then add one more to the list. We'll see how it goes down, but Koch isn't going to the Dodgers, that's for sure.

voodoochile
01-29-2004, 05:56 PM
So much for trying to launch a conspiracy theory. Leave it to a moderator to spoil the fun :smile:

Well you can always conspire as to why the B is necessary at all. I mean what is West telling us by creating the tag like that? Is there another Koch coming to town? Are we in danger of trading for Billy's younger brother Ernie?

Then of course you have to ask is there an Ernie Koch to be had and if so, why would the Sox want them.

See, conspiracys abound. No need to stop looking for them just because the last one didn't work out.

LATruBlue
01-30-2004, 04:32 AM
Well, I can't bear to watch but the White Sox have a very good chance of pilfering our prized rookie arms for a one year rental no doubt. McCourt said that he is definitely going to add a bat before ST.

It wouldn't suprise me if KW stayed up all night long just to be the first to call the Dodgers in the morning.

It is really a very sad day for those of us that want to keep our prospects. Edwin Jackson was penciled in to start the season in our #5 spot but I think he'll more than likely be in your starting line up along with Mota as relief.

I surrender. You guys win.

wdelaney72
01-30-2004, 08:33 AM
With talks in Boston dying, I think K-Dub may work a bit harder to move Maggs to La-La Land as opposed to PK. My understanding is that the Sox have tried to re-sign Maggs, but he's not interested. As much as I love Maggs, it doesn't make any sense to keep his $14 million salary around if he's going to leave the following year.

Maggs may want to take a look at the contract signed by Vladamir Guerrero. Not exactly the kind of money OF have seen over the last 5 years.

I agree with SEALgep about Koch. His salary is too large to move (the Mets were our only hope). I'm optimisty he'll rebound.

SEALgep
01-30-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by wdelaney72
With talks in Boston dying, I think K-Dub may work a bit harder to move Maggs to La-La Land as opposed to PK. My understanding is that the Sox have tried to re-sign Maggs, but he's not interested. As much as I love Maggs, it doesn't make any sense to keep his $14 million salary around if he's going to leave the following year.

Maggs may want to take a look at the contract signed by Vladamir Guerrero. Not exactly the kind of money OF have seen over the last 5 years.

I agree with SEALgep about Koch. His salary is too large to move (the Mets were our only hope). I'm optimisty he'll rebound.
Jay Mariotti has said Maggs has expressed (through agents I presume) that he wants to stay with the Sox and resign. Maybe he was playing hardball so he could milk the Sox a little bit, and then realized it was counterproductive with talks of maybe moving him. If we can keep him at a reasonable rate, that would be great. There is talk of moving PK and putting C. Lee at first. That's interesting if he can play, which I'm inclined to believe he can. Then (at least next year) they could have Rowand and Reed in center and left with Maggs in right. Too premature to get excited about it, but it isn't very far fetched. We'll see how it goes.

voodoochile
01-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by wdelaney72

Welcome aboard! :D:

Mags has stated that he wants to explore the FA market before signing.

kittle42
01-30-2004, 11:45 AM
There is talk of moving PK and putting C. Lee at first.

The thought of C Lee trying to field ground balls scares me about as much as the thought of Paulie playing 3B again. (and I know you didn't mean moving him to third - you ment moving him out of town)