PDA

View Full Version : New Renovation Pics on Whitesox.com

SaltyPretzel
01-29-2004, 12:27 PM
Not much new. They show the concourse though.Link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=cws)

Randar68
01-29-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel
Not much new. They show the concourse though.Link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=cws)

I think those pics went up Mon. or Tuesday.

Brian26
01-29-2004, 01:37 PM
Those diagonal I-beams in the concourse area are quite interesting. Hopefully nobody tries to climb up those after a bad loss :)

Huisj
01-29-2004, 01:47 PM
i wonder how they got those big drivable lift things up into the concourse. Those things are big, doesn't seem like they'd be a lot of fun to drive up the ramps. Even with the 4 wheel steering, it would be real tight going around the turnarounds on the ramps.

Sad
01-29-2004, 01:49 PM
now it appears the top few rows will be obstructed view due to beam placement? or are those temporary?

I don't understand this project at all... which is pretty much the same way I feel about the entire White Sox organization...
confused :?:

CubKilla
01-29-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
Those things are big, doesn't seem like they'd be a lot of fun to drive up the ramps. Even with the 4 wheel steering, it would be real tight going around the turnarounds on the ramps.

That's exactly how they got them up there. You'd be surpried how big those concourse ramps are. I've seen full size pick-ups drive up and down those ramps.

CHISOXFAN13
01-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Sad
now it appears the top few rows will be obstructed view due to beam placement? or are those temporary?

I don't understand this project at all... which is pretty much the same way I feel about the entire White Sox organization...

That has been pretty widely known for a long time now. Those beams will block, five, maybe six rows of seats in the UD. Who cares?

anewman35
01-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
That has been pretty widely known for a long time now. Those beams will block, five, maybe six rows of seats in the UD. Who cares?

Besides, even the seats blocked will just be partially blocked, because they are putting the posts in the aisle. It's not like at Wrigley, where there are some seats directly behind posts and you can't see a thing from them.

Hangar18
01-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Sad

The idea was to put a Flatter Roof up there, and shaving off
8 rows, so that when you sat up there, it would TRICK you
into thinking it ISNT so STEEP up there. Of course, the Roof Will Look Good for sure, but it DOESNT solve the Original
Problem. The STEEPNESS. Oh well, Im glad I dont ever
sit up there .............

joecrede
01-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
The idea was to put a Flatter Roof up there, and shaving off
8 rows, so that when you sat up there, it would TRICK you
into thinking it ISNT so STEEP up there. Of course, the Roof Will Look Good for sure, but it DOESNT solve the Original
Problem. The STEEPNESS. Oh well, Im glad I dont ever
sit up there .............

I think it does solve it to a large degree. "Up there" isn't there any more. :smile:

RichFitztightly
01-29-2004, 05:43 PM
The steepness isn't that bad. Everyone gushes about Yankmee Stadium and that's much worse that U.S. Comiskular Park. From what I recall, Pac Bell is even steeper as well. Comiskular Park just got a bad reputation and it's stuck.

DrCrawdad
01-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly
The steepness isn't that bad. Everyone gushes about Yankmee Stadium and that's much worse that U.S. Comiskular Park. From what I recall, Pac Bell is even steeper as well. Comiskular Park just got a bad reputation and it's stuck.

That's right about Yankee Stadium! I've sat up there. Its just as steep, and more steps.

DSpivack
01-29-2004, 06:05 PM
Trying to remember Pac Bell from last summer; it might have been just as steep, but possibly the roof was different. Had pretty ****ty seats, all the up the upper deck down the 3rd base line, but still could see pretty well.

Of course, seeing Bonds end it in the 9th with a shot into the bay against the Braves possibly gave me rose-colored glasses.