PDA

View Full Version : Raul Mondesi

carusochop
01-29-2004, 01:23 PM
I am just throwing this out for thought, I am by no means saying this would be a good idea, I'm just not sure it would be a bad idea.

Raul Mondesi is the best free-agent left on the market. He's a pretty decent OFer (he's fast and has a great arm) and I know that a couple years agao Mags played some CF. If Mondesi could be had for the right price (1-2 million) would an Of of Lee, Ordonez, Mondesi or with Lee, Mondesi, Ordonez hurt to much defensively. Like I previously stated, I don't expect this to happen, I'm just wondering what if......

bennyw41
01-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Sorry bro...

:threadsucks

hold2dibber
01-29-2004, 01:44 PM
I would be interested in Mondesi as a replacement if Maggs was traded. Otherwise, not.

Medford Bobby
01-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Mondesi is a pure National league hitter and found rebirth with the D-backs last year.......His AL experience would continue to suck :angry: if the Sox picked him up..loves the fast ball :?:

:dennis " Watch how many times i say the word "jerkoff" in my new CNBC show....it's amazing, babe"

Baby Fisk
01-29-2004, 01:49 PM
Mondesi = Good Arm
Mondesi = Bad Attitude...he goes from team to team, never encouraging anyone to sign him long-term.

soxfan26
01-29-2004, 02:03 PM
Mondesi made $13m last season. Obviouslly he will not see that kind of money this year, but your not going to bring him on board for $1-2m. He also does not play well with others.

LATruBlue
01-29-2004, 02:13 PM
As someone who has watched Mondesi play for several years, I wouldn't endorse you taking him, but he is talented.

He can run fast, great arm, and good defensively.

He is a very streaky hitter. His weakness is a curve thrown in the dirt. He goes after it everytime ala Steve Garvey. He is a firstball swinger, a middleball swinger and a lastball swinger. Did I mention he can't hit a curveball?

He is selfish and has a bad attitude. Can be a total clubhouse distraction.

His jumping from team to team can't be a good sign.

Only sign him if you positively absolutely must.

KingXerxes
01-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Head case.

munchman33
01-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by carusochop
Raul Mondesi is the best free-agent left on the market.

Greg Maddux and Ivan Rodriguez are the best free agents left on the market.

RKMeibalane
01-29-2004, 10:18 PM
The Sox don't need someone like Mondesi around. There's already enough tension in the organization because of Guillen and Williams' comments regarding Frank Thomas. Mondesi would just make things worse. Besides, he has always been known as an "I, me" type of player. The Sox don't need anyone else who has his own island.

:hitless

"Actually, Raul bought that island from me last year."