PDA

View Full Version : Pk

ScottyTheSoxFan
01-28-2004, 09:12 PM
anybody find it interesting that konerko wont be at soxfest? he has been there before. maybe a trade is looming. what do ya'all think?

soxfan26
01-28-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
anybody find it interesting that konerko wont be at soxfest? he has been there before. maybe a trade is looming. what do ya'all think?

I'm not going to be at Sox fest either. I hope they don't trade me...

Jjav829
01-28-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by soxfan26
I'm not going to be at Sox fest either. I hope they don't trade me...

Too late. You've been traded to the Cubs fans for a DTBNL (Drunk to he named later). :D:

SEALgep
01-28-2004, 09:15 PM
I think he is certainly on the block. After Thursday, things should be clearer with the ownership change with the Dodgers decided. I can't believe they are content to going into the season as is. Although I have confidence in KW that he will only make a deal if we become a better club as a result.

Iwritecode
01-28-2004, 09:22 PM

Well, as Otis reported a trade is still possible (however unlikely)with a number of different teams...

dickallen15
01-28-2004, 09:32 PM
How would Otis' Boston source be able to tell him about a trade that doesn't involve Boston? Does KW tell the Red Sox everything he has going? I really doubt any big trade is going to happen, but it is Soxfest soon, and Konerko and Ordonez weren't invited, so something could be forthcoming.

jabrch
01-28-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Well, as Otis reported a trade is still possible (however unlikely)with a number of different teams...

I imagine the Sox will make a deal - I don't necesarily think Boston, Texas and A-Rod will be involved.

If the Dodgers sale gets approved, the new owner will want to make a splash to counter Arte Moreno in LA. I am guessing that means he will tell Evans to give up some prospects that Evans otherwise wouldn't. We might get something decent for Maggs, unload one of our two bad contracts, and stack the farm at the same time.

I'd like to see Magglio stay, but it looks like that can't happen. I'd take Perez, Mota, Jackson and Loney for Magglio and PK. That would free up 17mm that we could possibly spend on improved Churro manufacturing equipment.

Deadguy
01-28-2004, 09:39 PM

I'm sure this will disappoint most of the pre-pubescent girls who will be in attendance this weekend.

whitesoxwilkes
01-28-2004, 10:03 PM
Konerko got married last weekend and is on his honeymoon.

fquaye149
01-28-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
I'm sure this will disappoint most of the pre-pubescent girls who will be in attendance this weekend.

interesting enough, there was an opinion column in Notre Dame's student-run magazine "The Scholastic" not too far back about how a guy had an "NSGC," a "non-sexual Guy Crush" on konerko.

selected quips were

"I bet Konerko could lift a boulder if he really wanted to"

i wonder if that guy has ever been here (i don't know him personally)

LATruBlue
01-29-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
I imagine the Sox will make a deal - I don't necesarily think Boston, Texas and A-Rod will be involved.

If the Dodgers sale gets approved, the new owner will want to make a splash to counter Arte Moreno in LA. I am guessing that means he will tell Evans to give up some prospects that Evans otherwise wouldn't. We might get something decent for Maggs, unload one of our two bad contracts, and stack the farm at the same time.

I'd like to see Magglio stay, but it looks like that can't happen. I'd take Perez, Mota, Jackson and Loney for Magglio and PK. That would free up 17mm that we could possibly spend on improved Churro manufacturing equipment.

Don't hold your breath, McCourt can't afford Maggs and PK. He doesn't have any money.

LATruBlue
01-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by LATruBlue
Don't hold your breath, McCourt can't afford Maggs and PK. He doesn't have any money.

In fact, maybe McCourt can borrow some money from JR to pay for Maggs and PK after all. lmao

gosox41
01-29-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by dickallen15
How would Otis' Boston source be able to tell him about a trade that doesn't involve Boston? Does KW tell the Red Sox everything he has going? I really doubt any big trade is going to happen, but it is Soxfest soon, and Konerko and Ordonez weren't invited, so something could be forthcoming.

Maybe they were invited and are declining to show up.

Bob

steff
01-29-2004, 08:57 AM
For some reason.. I think Soxfest is the last thing on him and his new wifey's mind as they are enjoying their honeymoon..

steff
01-29-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes

Doh!! I should really read the entire thread before responding.. :D:

voodoochile
01-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes

Now that is REALLY going to dissappoint the pre-pubescent girls...

CubKilla
01-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Now that is REALLY going to dissappoint the pre-pubescent girls...

Disappoints me. I thought PK would be smart enough not to get married. I hope he had her sign a pre-nup.

Deadguy
01-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Disappoints me. I thought PK would be smart enough not to get married. I hope he had her sign a pre-nup.

I hope she takes him to the cleaners. He's already raped the Sox out of millions of dollars, so it would be poetic justice if he ends up having to give up half of his worldly possesions to this young lady.

At least this marriage will force Konerko to get off the couch for the first time since October 1st.

Frater Perdurabo
01-29-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
I hope she takes him to the cleaners. He's already raped the Sox out of millions of dollars, so it would be poetic justice if he ends up having to give up half of his worldly possesions to this young lady.

At least this marriage will force Konerko to get off the couch for the first time since October 1st.

While I don't wish marital problems on anyone, it would be poetic justice if she turned around and used that money to buy lots of Sox tickets....would JR raise the payroll then? :o:

Dadawg_77
01-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I think he is certainly on the block. After Thursday, things should be clearer with the ownership change with the Dodgers decided. I can't believe they are content to going into the season as is. Although I have confidence in KW that he will only make a deal if we become a better club as a result.

Confindence in KW?

SEALgep
01-29-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Confindence in KW?
You bet.

Dadawg_77
01-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
You bet.

Where is your dealer? Out of the major trades he has made, only one was a good trade.

SEALgep
01-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Where is your dealer? Out of the major trades he has made, only one was a good trade.
I like KW and I believe he's a good GM. I respect your opinion, but I can promise you, you can't change mine.