PDA

View Full Version : Site where casual fans have rated ballparks

SpringfldFan
01-28-2004, 06:24 PM
We have a lot of discussions here about what the Cell is lacking or needs to make it a great park. All these opinions of course are from Sox fans, so it is difficult to get a real picture of how fans around the country perceive the park. Such a picture would give a good idea of what the place truly needs if the general criticism of it is put to rest.

Well, I stumbled across a website that has fans rate all the parks, and it then ranks them. Granted, there are not a ton of opinions, and most are dated. Nevertheless, here it is, for better or worse:

http://www.rateitall.com/topic.aspx?topicid=49

Notice where the Cell ranks, and notice which park is #1 :angry:
Of course, feel free to add your own posts to this poll.

OneDog
01-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Cubbie propaganda has indoctrinated the rest of the world to think that Wrigley is a shrine, so I am not surprised that those feeble minded turds rated it first. However, what moron would actually believe that SkyDome is a better park than Miller Park, Minute Maid, and several other parks including Comiskey? This just proves that they don't know what they are talking about.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-28-2004, 06:44 PM
note the keyword, casual! I don't see how some people can say it's the best park to watch a game at with all the awful smells and obstructed views. what a bunch of morons.

depy48
01-28-2004, 06:53 PM
oh man! you gotta believe people who rate the ballpark instead of the team!

Me- "can you name the cubs starting lineup"
Cubs fan- "Sosa, Wood, Prior"
Me- "Thats on fielder, and two pitchers"
Cubs fan- "at least we have old style"

dickallen15
01-28-2004, 08:01 PM
Some of the complaints were comical. USCF did pretty well when it was rated at ESPN.com last season

batmanZoSo
01-28-2004, 08:06 PM
This shows that people care more about how it looks than anything else. US Cell is ten times the fan friendly park wriggly is, yet the latter is number one and ours is 24. The work they've done to the upper deck is outstanding. It seems half as big and the roof is much more roofy now in that it'll hang over you giving a more "cozy" feel. And the poles will break up the monotony of the bowl, so they do serve one good purpose. If they did a similar poll a year from now, we'd be higher than 24.

ChiSox21
01-28-2004, 08:12 PM
did anyone read what WhatUPG wrote cuz that was me.

SoxFan76
01-28-2004, 09:26 PM
wow, there are some really harsh comments for comiskey. the worst part about it is that they are the exact opposite of the truth. and the wrigley comments are the exact opposite of the truth as well. it really frustrates me to read those, but i guess i shouldnt really dwell on what other people think of it. the organization really brought the stereotypes upon themselves.

white sox bill
01-29-2004, 08:34 AM
You don't think we are biased towards Comiskey because our team plays there do you??? Seems everyone else is always wrong and we all are always right--

Nahh-can't be!

SergeantMahoney
01-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by white sox bill
You don't think we are biased towards Comiskey because our team plays there do you??? Seems everyone else is always wrong and we all are always right--

Nahh-can't be!

I am a proud employee of the Sony Corporation and everyone who commented on this RateIt site on DVD players is dead wrong! And ballparks too! But besides those two examples, a survey of consumers seems to be a pretty good indication of a product's quality.

Frater Perdurabo
01-29-2004, 12:02 PM
We Sox fans ought to stack the results and stuff the ballot box in best Chicago tradition. I just did.

Here is my comment on the Urinal:

The restrooms are too small. The men's restrooms have troughs and are filthy. There are not enough ladies' restrooms.

The park is too small and too crowded. The media has hyped the park up as a shrine, so everyone comes and convinces themselves they are having a good time.

The seats are uncomfortable and too small. Parking and traffic in the area is atrocious.

The food is bad and the beer is watered down and too expensive. The lines are too long.

The place is filled with drunk fans who know nothing about baseball and spend their time talking on cell phones. There are too many yuppies and frat boys who don't know the difference between a curveball and a slider and think Sammy Sosa is the all-time home run king. These are the same people who threatened harm to Steve Bartman, the fan who interfered with the ball in Game 6 of the NLCS, but forget that the Cubs players melted down in that game, leading to the Marlins' victory.

Over the past 90+ years, the baseball has been bad. Only losers would want to go watch a losing team, and support the ownership that milks their money.

Most Cubs fans suffer from a severe case of rectal-cranial inversion about their park.

My vote alone pushed the Urinal's rating down .01 points, from 3.7 to 3.69.

Come on, Sox fans, spread the truth, and spread it on thick...

Registration to RateItAll is really simple and quick, and you can vote right away.

maurice
01-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Here's a different site (http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/alcentral.htm). Average letter grade for the Cell was a "B," with 4 "As" and no grade lower than the 3 "Cs."

Wrigley (http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/nlcentral.htm) got several "As," a "B," a "C," and a well-written "D":

Pros of the ballpark = The only pro of this park is the historical purpose.
Cons of the ballpark = The biggest con was the people that work at the park, as a native of Philadelphia I thought I knew rudeness, then I went to Wrigley Field. History (read nostalgia) may be kind to the park, but weather has not been, the park needs many repairs and just better general housekeeping. They sell out nearly every game, and its still one of the most expensive stadiums in MLB, and the Cubs still stink....where is the money going? Drunken fans were bad, but not as bad as some people would say, your worst experience at Wrigley Field with drunken fans would probably happen at any stadium, its just more common at Wrigley.

oldcomiskey
01-29-2004, 03:08 PM
nothing wrong with rating number one---in my opinion is is the best and prettiest ballpark in the league

Hangar18
01-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Is there a Site where REAL fans rate ballparks?