PDA

View Full Version : Article on ESPN.com Crede to Yanks (or not)

PaleHoseRon
01-28-2004, 03:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=neyer_rob&id=1721074

In case you don't want to read the whole article on the Yankees third base options, here is the quote...

"But where? Where do they look? In 2003, 21 major-leaguers played at least 100 games at third base. Of those 21, I consider 16 of them either unavailable (because their teams need them) or uninteresting (because you're simply not going to see Joe Crede or Casey Blake in pinstripes)."

Neyer slams Crede but thinks that Wes Helms would be an exciting addition!!!

thecell
01-28-2004, 03:15 PM
I took the Crede comment as saying it would be difficult for the Yankees to get him...not a slam.

PaleHoseRon
01-28-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by thecell
I took the Crede comment as saying it would be difficult for the Yankees to get him...not a slam.

I took it as though Neyer thinks that Crede is "uninteresting".

eriqjaffe
01-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseRon
you're simply not going to see Joe Crede or Casey Blake in pinstripes

We certainly will see Joe Crede wearing pinstripes. Just not navy blue ones. :smile:

--Eriq.

joecrede
01-28-2004, 03:31 PM
As crazy as it sounds Sheffield said he is willing to move back to third. That would open up right field for Maggs. :D:

Brian26
01-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by thecell

I think you're wrong. In the same sentence just previous to that, he says some of them are "unavailable". Crede doesn't fall under this category according to the author, but, rather he's "uninteresting". Meaning he's not exciting enough to fill the Yankees void. They rather have one of the other 21 players at that position (ie. Pujols, Ventura, etc.)

Tekijawa
01-28-2004, 03:38 PM
I heard Boras has pudge taking grounders at the hot corner in his back yard right now... Should be ready by april!

PaleHoseRon
01-28-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
As crazy as it sounds Sheffield said he is willing to move back to third. That would open up right field for Maggs. :D:

Quick check cbsportsline.com for the rumor :D:

SEALgep
01-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Regardless of it was a slam or not, the Sox wouldn't consider him an option. His upside is too valuable, he only had his first full season last year. Slam him all you want Neyer. He's young cheap and has great D and potential power offensively.

habibharu
01-28-2004, 04:01 PM

how bout mags for soriano and a young SP. saves a lot of money.

we put willie in center, move crash to right, soriano plays 2B

kittle42
01-28-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by habibharu

This suggestion belongs on cbs sportsline.com.

TheRockinMT
01-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Why would we entertain any thought of trading Crede to the Yankees? We don't do anything but weaken our team at the hot corner and have no one that I know of in the minors ready to take over. Plus he is a home grown star in the making and the Yanks don't have any young SP anyway!

Huisj
01-28-2004, 04:19 PM

where does that young SP magically come from? do the yankees have any that don't suck?

jabrch
01-28-2004, 04:52 PM

An OF of Lee, Rowand and Harris?

Yuck

jabrch
01-28-2004, 04:53 PM
VC edit: No, you can't post swear words in picture form either...

depy48
01-28-2004, 05:30 PM
i took it as the whitesox need crede, and the yanks wont go after him because they want a big name

soxfan26
01-28-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by depy48
i took it as the whitesox need crede, and the yanks wont go after him because they want a big name

The conclusion the article comes to is this

"The Yankees' best options, then, are Helms and Adrian Beltre"

Call Crede "uninteresting", that is OK with me. Let's just hope KW is not going to return Cashman's phone calls.

BeerHandle
01-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseRon
I took it as though Neyer thinks that Crede is "uninteresting".

Neyer who?????????????? Exactly.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Neyer usually praises the sox in his articles so I'm suprised by this if he meant it in a bad way

jordan23ventura
01-28-2004, 10:33 PM

There's a difference between crazy and stupid.