PDA

View Full Version : John Vander Wal

Jjav829
01-28-2004, 02:54 PM
He underwent surgery for a torn ACL and is out for the year. Now I know most of you probably couldn't care less. The only reason I posted this is because of how he did it. He supposedly hurt himself when he fell on some ice while shoveling snow last weekend. The question is, did he really hurt his knee that way, or is this like Jeff Kent's "I hurt myself when I fell off my truck while washing it" excuse.

Vander Wal tears ACL while shoveling snow (http://www.cincypost.com/2004/01/28/reds01-28-2004.html)

SEALgep
01-28-2004, 02:59 PM
He learned his lesson from Boone. His mommy didn't raise no dummy. Lol.

Baby Fisk
01-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Better than ruining your season and jeopardizing your contract by playing basketball. Seal, you beat me to it! :cool:

voodoochile
01-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
He underwent surgery for a torn ACL and is out for the year. Now I know most of you probably couldn't care less. The only reason I posted this is because of how he did it. He supposedly hurt himself when he fell on some ice while shoveling snow last weekend. The question is, did he really hurt his knee that way, or is this like Jeff Kent's "I hurt myself when I fell off my truck while washing it" excuse.

Vander Wal tears ACL while shoveling snow (http://www.cincypost.com/2004/01/28/reds01-28-2004.html)

:KW
"I did it and I'm proud. If you write nasty articles calling for JR to sell, then you will have K-Dub to answer to. I love Uncle Jerry and I'm not afraid to say it or show it."

:reinsy
"Appreciate the thought, KW, but that's Bob Vandenberg who wrote the article."

:KW
"I knew that.... I was ... er... um... sending Bob a message to watch his back. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Yeah, that should do it. K-dub, you are the spinmaster..."

mandmandm
01-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Better than ruining your season and jeopardizing your contract by playing basketball. Seal, you beat me to it! :cool:

Can't beat a grown man who makes a living playing professional baseball riding a dirt bike in the off season.

SEALgep
01-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by mandmandm
Can't beat a grown man who makes a living playing professional baseball riding a dirt bike in the off season.
Just goes to show you that shoveling snow can be just as dangerous as a motorcycle, at least that's what I tell my mommy when it snows, lol.

soxfan26
01-28-2004, 05:05 PM
I wonder if he can make a claim against his own home owners insurance...

jordan23ventura
01-28-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk

From the firing in Cincinnati to Bret's hillarious attempt in the homerun derby and now this, I'm beginning to have suspicions that the Boones will be the Kennedys of baseball. Just watch, one of them gets caught with a hooker just minutes before his plane crashes into the sea.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-28-2004, 11:09 PM
Noooooo! My key piece on my fantasy team for the WSI league last year tears his ACL while Boone, my key piece for this year, tears his also!!! :whiner:

Iwritecode
01-29-2004, 10:14 AM
I remember reading a book or an article or something that listed a number of different ways professional athletes have injured themselves doing normal everyday activities. IIRC, one guy broke his foot when he tripped over his dog. Jordan cut his finger with a cigar cutter. Dumb things like that.

Baby Fisk
01-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Eric Lindros keeps getting concussions while playing hockey.

carusochop
01-29-2004, 12:46 PM
There was some pitcher who hurt his arm leaning against a window in a taxi. I can't remember who it was though.