PDA

View Full Version : Latest and last update from"Otis"

otis
01-28-2004, 12:54 PM
Hey folks,

I have some info (albeit nothing too exciting) from my source. Before I post it, I want to clear some things.

1. I do have a well informed Boston source that due to uniqueness of the situation (me=WSox fan, him= Boston source)has shared plenty of info with me.

2. I thought that I would share my info with WSI, because most of you are thoughtful posters and I would give you a heads up of the Nomar trade talks..

3. This will be my last post with any insightful info. Some of you will thank me for that! I finally realized that I don't want to jeopardize my source anymore after reading pure nonsense from some of the posters here and most at soxtalk.com about my validity.

Example from Flash Tizzle @ Soxtalk. (although I did like the F Otis sign)
Best thing that happen to that guy was the whole Nomar-Magglio rumor. Because he "broke it two months early", people consider him to have some inside knowledge. I don't know if he does, but regardless of that he posts at WSI.... and everyone knows that bull*&%$ rumors can ALWAYS be traced back to that site.

I feel as if I can't leave some of you hanging, so this is what I know as of 1/26.

A Boston/Texas/WSox or Boston/WSox trade involving Nomar & Maggs is still possible although in order to happen all parties agree that it must happen before spring training. (Same trades I posted before) Basically Boston is playing hardball with Texas (They no longer will add money or players to Texas for Arod.) WSox are playing hardball with Boston, insisting that they take Koch in any trade. Once again Damon could be sent to Chicago.

My source said there could be something happening with the WSox/Angels. Names he keeps hearing are Konerko Erstad & Washburn. (My source laughed at the foxsports rumor posted.)

A three way trade with Anaheim/Boston/WSox still may happen. It would be a smaller version with many of the same names of the four team that I posted last week.

That's all Folks!
Thanks for the appreciation of the insight that most of you have given.

RichFitztightly
01-28-2004, 01:02 PM
With all this going down, I'd rather much rather have Kenny play hard-ball and come up empty than, to concede and get less than he's asking for. Granted, I'd love to see Nomah on the southside, it just isn't I priority at this point.

pearso66
01-28-2004, 01:07 PM
We appreciate the info Otis. It's sad that you won't be reporting anymore, but I understand not wanting to jeopardize your source. And too bad the guys at soxtalk dont take you seriously.

As for this trade, I'm glad Kenny is playing hardball. If we get rid of Maggs, we better get something worthwhile in return. And if it doesnt happen, oh well, we have Maggs.

CLR01
01-28-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by otis
Hey folks,

I have some info (albeit nothing too exciting) from my source. Before I post it, I want to clear some things.

1. I do have a well informed Boston source that due to uniqueness of the situation (me=WSox fan, him= Boston source)has shared plenty of info with me.

2. I thought that I would share my info with WSI, because most of you are thoughtful posters and I would give you a heads up of the Nomar trade talks..

3. This will be my last post with any insightful info. Some of you will thank me for that! I finally realized that I don't want to jeopardize my source anymore after reading pure nonsense from some of the posters here and most at soxtalk.com about my validity.

Example from Flash Tizzle @ Soxtalk. (although I did like the F Otis sign)
Best thing that happen to that guy was the whole Nomar-Magglio rumor. Because he "broke it two months early", people consider him to have some inside knowledge. I don't know if he does, but regardless of that he posts at WSI.... and everyone knows that bull*&%$ rumors can ALWAYS be traced back to that site.

I feel as if I can't leave some of you hanging, so this is what I know as of 1/26.

A Boston/Texas/WSox or Boston/WSox trade involving Nomar & Maggs is still possible although in order to happen all parties agree that it must happen before spring training. (Same trades I posted before) Basically Boston is playing hardball with Texas (They no longer will add money or players to Texas for Arod.) WSox are playing hardball with Boston, insisting that they take Koch in any trade. Once again Damon could be sent to Chicago.

My source said there could be something happening with the WSox/Angels. Names he keeps hearing are Konerko Erstad & Washburn. (My source laughed at the foxsports rumor posted.)

A three way trade with Anaheim/Boston/WSox still may happen. It would be a smaller version with many of the same names of the four team that I posted last week.

That's all Folks!

Whether the deal happens or not it still brought alot of discussion to this board as well as others.

Don't worry about what Flash Tizzle says. That guy (among others) has been pissed off about all things WSI since the day he was banned.

Thanks for the info.

longshot7
01-28-2004, 01:19 PM
I too thank you, otis. You will be missed.

kittle42
01-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
Don't worry about what Flash Tizzle says. That guy has been pissed off about all things WSI since the day he was banned.

It just occurred to me that one has to be pretty damn stupid to get kicked off any message board.

depy48
01-28-2004, 01:22 PM
otis
thanks for shining a light on a lot of different situations. its understandable why you cant post the rumors. i always did look foward to hearing the lastest news from "otis." oh well, whatever happens..happens now with the whitesox.
i have faith

Foulke You
01-28-2004, 01:22 PM
Thanks again for the info Otis. I hope you reconsider posting info again here. It always makes for good discussion but I can understand you not wanting to compromise your source.

I hope KW can swing this deal. Perhaps the closer we get to Spring Training, maybe one of the teams like Boston or Texas will panic and do whatever it takes to get the deal done. However, right now it seems like the deal isn't going to happen. All three teams seem content to start the season "as is". We'll just have to wait and see.

beckett21
01-28-2004, 01:32 PM
Otis,

I hardly knew ye. I am still pretty new to the board myself, but seems you have the respect of virtually all the people here. Thank you for the insight, and hopefully you will at least keep in touch with us. It is honorable not to compromise your sources. Thanks again! :D:

SEALgep
01-28-2004, 01:45 PM
I want more! Lol, jk Otis, thanks a lot. We appreciate anything and everything. We all appreciate a heads up on possibilities, especially since people rag on KW all the time. It appears he is indeed doing his job. Thanks again, hopefully we'll hear something again if you're able. Thanks.

Iwritecode
01-28-2004, 01:55 PM

Hey, as long as you are a WSox fan, you are welcome to post on here anytime you want. I guess the same would be true even if you weren't...

Anyway, I'm sorry to see you leaving, but I understand you reasons. Feel free to change your mind and join in on any of the many, daily arguements/discussions.

There's plenty to go around! Don't let a couple of posters deter you.

SEALgep
01-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Can someone link up the previous deal Otis had, I forgot all the components. Thanks.

Iwritecode
01-28-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Can someone link up the previous deal Otis had, I forgot all the components. Thanks.

He's only got 20 posts. Just click on his name and search through them...

SEALgep
01-28-2004, 02:02 PM
Cool- thanks

Wait, I just tried it and it only lets me access the latest one.

mrwag
01-28-2004, 02:04 PM
I'd love to see Damon in our outfiled.

pudge
01-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by longshot7
I too thank you, otis. You will be missed.

It's not like he's about to die.

34 Inch Stick
01-28-2004, 02:09 PM
I always figured your intelligence would eventually get traced to the source. Well, it was fun while it lasted. You are welcomed here for your own insights as well.

My guess is that nothing is happening. Texas has made ARod a captain. Boston won't have the balls to trade Nomar unless they are getting ARod. Boston could not come up with an attractive enough offer for Maggs if Nomar is not in the mix.

I do believe the Sox will make a trade involving Konerko before spring training.

SSN721
01-28-2004, 02:15 PM
Thanks for all the info that you have posted so far Otis. Even if nothing pans out it was certianly great discussion to keep us interested and excited in an otherwise pretty dull offseason. Very respectful of you to not compromise your source, I'm sure we all understand the reasoning for that. Hopefully we will be able to get an occasional tidbit from you in the future but if not thanks for all that you contributed. :D:

Jjav829
Cool- thanks

Look for the black bar above. Move your mouse over "Forum Features". Click "User Message Search". Type in otis and 1 and repeat for any other posts you want.

soxfan26
Otis, my man you were the best thing to happen this offseason.

Erstad and Washburn would be great additions, I guess we will have to see if that deal pans out.

Jjav829
01-28-2004, 02:19 PM
That's all Folks!

Feel free to stop by whenever you want. You don't even have to post inside info, you can just talk Sox baseball. Don't let the negative comments get to you. Some people are just jealous that they can't get a scoop.

Thanks for all the info. It is greatly appreciated.

Iwritecode
01-28-2004, 02:27 PM
Cool- thanks

Look on the black bar that pops up above all the other info and click "search for all posts by this user".

cornball
01-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Otis thanks, I hope you reconsider and keep posting. Not easy to make deals these days.

Iguana775
01-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Feel free to stop by whenever you want. You don't even have to post inside info, you can just talk Sox baseball. Don't let the negative comments get to you. Some people are just jealous that they can't get a scoop.

Thanks for all the info. It is greatly appreciated.

yea, Big O. i havent been able to post much lately but i do enjoy reading your posts when i can.

steff
01-29-2004, 07:33 AM
Eh Otis.. don't sweat it. I've been called out plenty of times for posting things I've gotten from people. Luckily those who have told me things don't care.

34 Inch Stick
01-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Steff, was that you on on Mc Neil's show on Friday calling up about Frank?

Maximo
01-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by beckett21
Otis,

I hardly knew ye. I am still pretty new to the board myself, but seems you have the respect of virtually all the people here. Thank you for the insight, and hopefully you will at least keep in touch with us. It is honorable not to compromise your sources. Thanks again! :D:

Ditto

steff
01-29-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Steff, was that you on on Mc Neil's show on Friday calling up about Frank?

Guilty. :D:

Brian26
01-29-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by steff
Guilty. :D:

Tell us next time before you decide to call!!!!

steff
01-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Tell us next time before you decide to call!!!!

It was last minute. Kenny pissed me off with his big mouth and I wanted to be the first one to comment so he could hear me call him a classless idiot while he was still on 55.