PDA

View Full Version : Lets show our demand as fans

quade36
01-28-2004, 12:09 PM
I am a season ticket holder. I am doing my part and going to a ton of Sox games. In return, I want our owner to spend to get quality players. To be competitive in the free agent market. To show me that my money is not going to waste.

I am going to show that I am doing my part each and every game I attend. I am going to bring a sign and it will read, "Jerry I am doing my part, its time to do yours!"

I would think that if there are enough season ticket holders who do similar actions as this, we could be heard, if not by Reinsdorf, at least by the media.

We should not let a cheap owner determine our love for our team and this game...

Hullett_Fan
01-28-2004, 12:13 PM
That's funny. I'm showing the Sox that I demand more from this organization by NOT renewing my season tickets.

The team (mainly Koch, Konerko) let me down last year and JR let me down during the offseason...so to heck with them.

Good Luck with your plan though! :smile:

voodoochile
01-28-2004, 12:17 PM
Please keep us informed. I am wondering if they will let you actually carry that sign into every game.

quade36
01-28-2004, 12:18 PM
can't do that. I am not letting all this dictate my enjoyment for watching baseball and rooting for the Sox. Even if they lose 100 games I would still be a fan. There are others ways to make changes happen rather then not being a supporter. Thats kind of being just as shallow as JR. I mean no disrespect by this.

Hullett_Fan
01-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by quade36
can't do that. I am not letting all this dictate my enjoyment for watching baseball and rooting for the Sox. Even if they lose 100 games I would still be a fan. There are others ways to make changes happen rather then not being a supporter. Thats kind of being just as shallow as JR.

Understood. IMO, under your plan, we'll just see crowds about the size of last year (most likely less, say 14,000 avg.) and next offseason JR will say the same thing he said this offseason.

Wheras, if NOBODY showed up, he'd be forced to do something. Granted that could mean the team is moved to Indianapolis :(:

Jerko
01-28-2004, 12:24 PM
None of this boycott stuff or sign stuff is going to work for the simple reason that EVERYBODY would have to get involved, not just a select few. Obviously that is not going to happen. I agree, people should not come back if they are disgusted with the team; it's a pretty expensive habit to support if you are not enjoying yourself. Now I renewed my tickets even though I am down on the team because Sox games are the only time during the summer that I see most of my friends. Even on this thread you'll probably get half that say they won't renew and half that say they will. I wonder how many season ticket accounts were cancelled this year because the All Star game is over? I know a few people who got their seats 2 years ago just to be at the All Star game. I'm sure a lot of them have cancelled but I still say it's about 50/50.