PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Moves

carusochop
01-27-2004, 10:29 PM
I have a hard time believing any rumors I read in papers because most of the time when the White Sox make a big move, nobody expects it. The fact that we don't hear the Sox talking about any big moves, may mean something is on the way. Putting this into perspective, the Yankees and Red Sox were both hot on Colon last year, NOBODY expected him to be a Sox and then one day he was. Nobody saw the Albert Belle signing coming. KW may not be up to anything, but if he is, there's a good chance we dont' know about it. We had money to try to resign Colon, where did it go? Maddux wants to pitch in Chicago.........

Daver
01-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by carusochop
Maddux wants to pitch in Chicago.........

Scott Boras wants Greg Maddux to say he wants to pitch in Chicago anyway.........

munchman33
01-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Daver
Scott Boras wants Greg Maddux to say he wants to pitch in Chicago anyway.........

Scott Boras wants Maddux to pitch for whoever will pay him $10 million a season.

jabrch
01-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by munchman33
Scott Boras wants Maddux to pitch for whoever will pay him $10 million a season.

:reinsy
"10MILLION DOLLARS? NOT ME!"

Blueprint1
01-28-2004, 03:47 AM
I wonder if Seattle is a place that maddux could end up next season. Stattle has ten million aviable now that their former closer has moved back to Japan. Maddux did pitch with Moyer way back in the day with the Cubs. Plus Stattle is a very pitcher friendly park I could see maddux wanting to pitch there. I know they are not an NL team but they are a team that has a chance to make the postseason.