PDA

View Full Version : Trade Crede to Yankees!

carusochop
01-27-2004, 08:17 PM
Hey all, let me introduce myself, I used to post on here about a year and a half ago under the username beausox. So if anyone remembers me, awesome.

Since Aaron Boone got hurt, the White Sox should use this opportunity to trade Crede to the Yankees.

The Yankees have reportdely been willing to trade Soriano and the Sox could definitely use a 2nd baseman. Valentin could then shift back to 3rd and Uribe could play SS. The one problem is that it would probably take more than Crede to get Soriano, but the Yankees may be pretty desperate since there are not too many free agent options available.

soxfan26
01-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Welcome back, don't take this personally, but...

:threadsucks

Huisj
01-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by soxfan26

i agree. the sox (whether they admit it or not) are on their way to rebuilding, and crede needs to be here.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-27-2004, 08:22 PM
I don't think that would happen. 40-40 from a second basemen and he's only being paid like $5 million. No way would the yankees ever get rid of him despite having sammy sosa like strike out numbers

lowesox
01-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Trade them Valentin instead. He can play third - actually, he's probably better there now that he's lost a step.

Hell, give them Valentin. I can think of about 1000 better ways to spend 5 million dollars.

OEO Magglio
01-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Trade them Valentin instead. He can play third - actually, he's probably better there now that he's lost a step.

Hell, give them Valentin. I can think of about 1000 better ways to spend 5 million dollars.
I disagree with the fact that Jose is better off at 3rd now, he probably had his best year ever last year at ss, but I do agree that the sox would be better off trading jose then joe, trading crede is a very dumb idea.

carusochop
01-27-2004, 09:57 PM
I'm not saying that trading Crede for anybody is a good idea. However trading him to get somebody like Soriano would help the team and should be considered.

MRKARNO
01-27-2004, 09:57 PM
The yankees arent looking to get rid of soriano. Then they'd be creating a hole at second. That's not what they want to do. What they should have done was to try to pry castillo away from Florida but we all know how well that went

RedPinStripes
01-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Valentin at 3rd again means the Sox go from suck to blow.

duke of dorwood
01-27-2004, 10:21 PM
And who wants to help them anyway. In the words of James T Kirk "Let them Die"

depy48
01-27-2004, 11:18 PM
keep crede

jabrch
01-27-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by carusochop
Hey all, let me introduce myself, I used to post on here about a year and a half ago under the username beausox. So if anyone remembers me, awesome.

Since Aaron Boone got hurt, the White Sox should use this opportunity to trade Crede to the Yankees.

The Yankees have reportdely been willing to trade Soriano and the Sox could definitely use a 2nd baseman. Valentin could then shift back to 3rd and Uribe could play SS. The one problem is that it would probably take more than Crede to get Soriano, but the Yankees may be pretty desperate since there are not too many free agent options available.

So if we trade the Yankees to get Soriano, who plays 2B for them? And if your answer is Willie Harris...

SEALgep
01-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Valentin for Gordon. Thought you could get away, fat chance, lol.

SSN721
01-28-2004, 06:10 AM
I dont see the logic in trading Crede now, I beleive he will just get better and if we ever are going to trade him, lets at least wait til after he has an excellent year so we can get the most value out of him. But now he is inexpensive and I think a great player, plus home-grown on top of it. I like him a lot dont want to see him traded.

SSN721
01-28-2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by soxfan26

I completely agree.

quade36
01-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Joe Crede should be a conerstone of the future. Why would you trade that for a guy who would probably not put up as good of numbers with the Sox. Plus as a lead off hitter, he strikes out way too much.

Have faith in Joe. I feel he will be an allstar, gold glove winner, and a very good Sox player.

Frater Perdurabo
01-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Hasn't Konerko played 1B in the minors? Last June, didn't Jerry Manuel say that Konerko could be used at 3B, with Frank at 1B, during interleague games in NL parks, to provide more offense?

KW, get on the phone and "sell" Cashman on Konerko as a third-baseman. Tell them we'll take Soriano for Konerko, straight up. If he declines offer them Koch and Konerko for Soriano.

SEALgep
01-28-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by quade36
Joe Crede should be a conerstone of the future. Why would you trade that for a guy who would probably not put up as good of numbers with the Sox. Plus as a lead off hitter, he strikes out way too much.

Have faith in Joe. I feel he will be an allstar, gold glove winner, and a very good Sox player.

Great defense for a rookie especially. His offense wasn't even that bad. It was his first full season. He was hot and cold, but I believe he will be more and more consistent over time. Once the consistency is there, he very well could be an allstar.

Frater Perdurabo
01-28-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
Hasn't Konerko played 1B in the minors? Last June, didn't Jerry Manuel say that Konerko could be used at 3B, with Frank at 1B, during interleague games in NL parks, to provide more offense?

KW, get on the phone and "sell" Cashman on Konerko as a third-baseman. Tell them we'll take Soriano for Konerko, straight up. If he declines offer them Koch and Konerko for Soriano.

:KW
Hey, Brian Cashman, have I got a deal for you. You know how Boston wants to trade for Maggs, right? Well, you can keep that from happening, and solve your 3B problem, and stockpile your bullpen! And all I'm asking for is Alfonso Soriano.

:reinsy
Kenny Boy, don't make any promises about not trading Maggs. If (when) you trade Konerko and Koch and Maggs, and we don't add salary, we can get the payroll down to $30 million! And don't you dare take Soriano in return without the Yankees picking up his full salary. Throw in a prospect if you must. We can't get under $30 million with an overpaid second baseman.

:selljerry

TheRockinMT
01-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Reinsdorf would never agree on picking up Soriano anyway. Well, he might at this point in the guys career, but within a couple years or so he would be eligible to be a free agent and we wouldn't resign him. Besides I like Joe Crede.

Irishsox1
01-28-2004, 11:36 AM
Trade Joe Crede!....I say we trade Sandy Alomar for Alex Rodriguez, and then trade Mike Porzio to Boston for Pedro Martinez. This trade is brilliant because it takes care of our superstar problem. We get two superstars!!!

akingamongstmen
01-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
Trade Joe Crede!....I say we trade Sandy Alomar for Alex Rodriguez, and then trade Mike Porzio to Boston for Pedro Martinez. This trade is brilliant because it takes care of our superstar problem. We get two superstars!!!

"Superstar Problem"...hahaha :D:

Actually, I think we have a "lack of 4th and 5th starting pitcher" problem.

ondafarm
01-28-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by carusochop
I'm not saying that trading Crede for anybody is a good idea. However trading him to get somebody like Soriano would help the team and should be considered.

I wouldn't trade a bag of balls for Soriano. His Questec numbers are 50 points lower than his non-Q numbers and his strikeouts go thru the roof when he plays in a Q park. In other words, the umpires don't call him out unless the machines is looking over their shoulder. Since all parks will be Q this year I expect his production numbers to be way down and his strikeouts will make Sammy Sosa blush. PLus he can't field second to save his soul.

jordan23ventura
01-28-2004, 11:01 PM
I don't know about any of you, but I take Crede over Boone any day of the week, no matter what anyone says.

SEALgep
01-28-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura
I don't know about any of you, but I take Crede over Boone any day of the week, no matter what anyone says.

No doubt, Crede is going to be a special player.

white sox bill
01-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Keep Joe---That said, I feel very nervous having Jose in ANY position. Its like when I go to games and sit behind first base, I feel more "heads up" when the ball gets hit to SS--I know theres a 50/50 chance the ball ends up in the 4th row. Its worst than being @ a hockey game!!