PDA

View Full Version : The KW SoxFest Seminar Schedule

Viva Magglio
01-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Kenny Williams will participate in a seminar each day of SoxFest:

1/30: 7:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
1/31: 1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
2/01: 1:00 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.

I'll be at the Friday one for sure. I think we should use this thread to think of specific (but not vindictive) questions to ask KW during those seminar.

Lip Man 1
01-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Mr. Williams:

In general terms can you give us some insight into what the Sox plan is for championship success on the field and for reestablishing themselves in the minds of Chicago area baseball fans off it?

Lip

RKMeibalane
01-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Mr. Williams:

Based on the changes to the Royals, Twins, and White Sox rosters this off-season, are the Sox in a position where you think they can win their division?

dickallen15
01-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Mr. Williams,

You seem to always try and get a dig in at Frank Thomas, the latest being he hasn't returned your phone calls. Your 2 highest paid players, Konerko and Ordonez have been rumored to be involved in lots of trade talk. There has nothing been reported on their mindsets coming into Spring Training, and for the first time I can remember, neither are participating in Soxfest. Have they returned your calls this winter, and do you find it disrespectful to Sox fans that neither found it necessary to attend, especially after a rather disappointing offseason?

soxfan26
01-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Mr. Williams,

Given the perceived lack of depth at the minor league level, do you feel that the White Sox can remain competitive if they do not raise payroll and become more active in the free agent market for seasons beyond 2004?

duke of dorwood
01-27-2004, 11:24 PM
Mr Williams:

We won in 2000 without "grinders" . Is grinders a synonym for cheap players?

HITMEN OF 77
01-28-2004, 02:57 AM
It doesn't appear that I will be able to fit KW into any of my Soxfest activities this year. I will be listening to people who have somehting real to say and not excuses, or excuses about JR.

steff
01-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by dickallen15
Mr. Williams,

You seem to always try and get a dig in at Frank Thomas, the latest being he hasn't returned your phone calls. Your 2 highest paid players, Konerko and Ordonez have been rumored to be involved in lots of trade talk. There has nothing been reported on their mindsets coming into Spring Training, and for the first time I can remember, neither are participating in Soxfest. Have they returned your calls this winter, and do you find it disrespectful to Sox fans that neither found it necessary to attend, especially after a rather disappointing offseason?

I want to add to this one..

KW.. do you agree it's disrespectful to air employee/employer issues with the public, especially since those matters effect the way a player is percieved?

Also.. don't count out Frank for the Fest. He's usually a last minute add. And as for Maggs.. I think they thought he would be traded by now and was not invited (no confirmation on this at this point, just some talk).

thepaulbowski
01-28-2004, 10:16 AM
Mr. Williams:

Why is the responsibility to build a winning organization always put on the fans shoulders, instead of the organizations shoulders? Didn't the fans prove last year that if you build a winner, they will come? Wouldn't it make sense to improve the team in the offseason instead of relying on attendance down the road?

Iwritecode
01-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
Mr. Williams:

Why is the responsibility to build a winning organization always put on the fans shoulders, instead of the organizations shoulders? Didn't the fans prove last year that if you build a winner, they will come? Wouldn't it make sense to improve the team in the offseason instead of relying on attendance down the road?

Good one. That's one I thought of but didn't know quite how to word it. I'd add "Didn't the fans prove last year and in 2000 that if you build a winner, they will come?"

jshanahanjr
01-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Kenny, is there plans to offer our cornerstone a market value contract in the area of Gary Sheffield & Vlad Guerrero?

Maximo
01-28-2004, 11:04 AM
Mr. Williams:

White Sox fans share a "sense of urgency" when it comes to the success and stability of this franchise in the immediate future. Does management share in this urgency and if so, what can you tell us that will demonstrate that you are just as concerned as we are?

Brian26
01-28-2004, 01:39 PM
It's cool to be discussing questions like this here, but what's keeping Kenny from logging on, writing these questions down beforehand, and making sure he has enough time to practice his answers before Friday night? :D:

He's more of a PR person than Gallas will ever be when it comes to this.

Too bad there's not an underground WSI email list to take care of stuff like this.

Kenny's going to come off looking like a saint since he knows how to prepare for all of these questions. These questions all appear difficult, but anyone with enough preparation time can come up with decent responses that save face.

Tekijawa
01-28-2004, 01:43 PM
Kenny,

If you had 58 Million dollars to spend which position would you over pay first? First base, Short Stop, or Closer? Thanks Kenny, I'll sit down and listen to your response?

Brian26
01-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Kenny,

If you had 58 Million dollars to spend which position would you over pay first? First base, Short Stop, or Closer? Thanks Kenny, I'll sit down and listen to your response?

Hahahahaha.

Awesome.

Hangar18
01-28-2004, 01:58 PM
MR. Williams, thanks for coming out.
I would like to know why in the 22+ yrs this Regime
has owned the Team, Why we have Yet to see a
World Series on the South Side, and how This Offseasons
Lack Of Moves Should be perceived as Moves made to
get us there ? I'll also sit down and wait for an answer

Iwritecode
01-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
It's cool to be discussing questions like this here, but what's keeping Kenny from logging on, writing these questions down beforehand, and making sure he has enough time to practice his answers before Friday night? :D:

He's more of a PR person than Gallas will ever be when it comes to this.

Too bad there's not an underground WSI email list to take care of stuff like this.

Kenny's going to come off looking like a saint since he knows how to prepare for all of these questions. These questions all appear difficult, but anyone with enough preparation time can come up with decent responses that save face.

KW has plenty of experience tap-dancing around tough-questions with no time to prepare his answers. It's not really all that difficult. The players do it all the time too. My only hope is that he'll actually be man enough to stand up and give us some straight answers.

Should that last sentence be in deep pink?

Viva Magglio
01-28-2004, 10:56 PM
For those of us staying at the Hyatt, what do we ask KW in the atrium bar above the lobby?

steff
01-29-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
For those of us staying at the Hyatt, what do we ask KW in the atrium bar above the lobby?

Unless it's to find out what he's drinking to buy him one... nothing. You leave him alone. Just like the players. JMO, of course.

ewokpelts
01-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by steff
Unless it's to find out what he's drinking to buy him one... nothing. You leave him alone. Just like the players. JMO, of course.

As long as you're not yelling/angry drunk.....I'd ask him somea tough qurstions...mebbe the drinks in him will loosen the company line...
Gene

Brian26
01-29-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by steff

If KW's cool enough to come to the atrium bar and have a drink with the common folk, I wouldn't ask him any "tough" questions. That's completely uncool. Let him do all the talking. Laugh at his jokes, listen to him talk, and he'll probably end up buying you a drink.

Maximo
01-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
As long as you're not yelling/angry drunk.....I'd ask him somea tough qurstions...mebbe the drinks in him will loosen the company line...
Gene

And if he responds to questions under those circumstances, that tells us something else about Kenny Williams.

MisterB
01-29-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
...he'll probably end up buying you a drink.

:KW
"I would, but I can't spend a dollar 'cause I only have fifty cents...."

StillMissOzzie
01-30-2004, 04:40 AM
I am reminded of a Saturday Night Live bit when John Goodman was the guest host. In this bit, he was a football referree, and he was on a sports show fielding questions from the audience. All of the questions were basically rephrases of "Do you know that your head is up your a$$?"

SMO
:gulp:

DannyCaterFan
01-30-2004, 11:30 AM
I'll be at the KW seminar on Saturday. I can just hear all the BS coming out of his mouth right now. This should be very good! Again, I ask you Jerry....SELL THE TEAM!!!