PDA

View Full Version : How Does This Sound

Madbilly
01-27-2004, 01:53 AM
Since the Dodgers are most likely our only viable trade option left, how does this sound: (This is my First post, please be gentle)

To L.A. :
Maggs
Rauch-or-Cotts-or-Wright

To the Sox:
Perez-or-Weaver
Encarnacion
Thruston
One of there second tier prospects

I don't think our pen will need much help thats why I didn't include Mota. Plus he has only had one good season. Before 2003 he was a decent RP. We know by now the Dodgers will not give up Jackson/Miller, but some of there second tier prospects look like they could be good players.
This would help solve our Sp problem.
The rotation could look like this:

Buehrle
Loaiza
Weaver/Perez
Garland
Schoe/Rauch/Cotts/Diaz/Stewart/Castillo

Then we could move Encarnacion into CF move Rowand to RF, where he is better suited, and let him battle it out with Reed/Bouchard. Thurston could back up Harris and leave Uribe to back up Valentin. plus we could move Harris into CF if Encarnacion gets hurt or needs a rest.

The line up would look like this: (not a batting order)

C-Olivio/Alomar
1st- Konerko/Thomas
2nd- Harris/Thurston
SS- Valentin/Uribe
3rd-Crede/ ???
RF- Rowand/Reed/Bouchard
CF- Encarnacion
LF- Lee

Bench:
Gload
Bernard
Whoever loses out in the RF battle (If Reed doesn't win send him down to AAA IMO)
Uribe
Thurston

Our line up would still have power, get some needed speed and we would get a option for lead off, besides Harris, in Encarnacion.

Personally I would hate to see Maggs go but if we are going to get rid of him might as well get something for him. I know we seams to be giving up a lot but this trade would help out most of our needs I think.

mdep524
01-27-2004, 03:58 AM
Hey Madbilly, welcome aboard. I like what you're thinking in your trade, but I don't think we're getting enough there. First off, I'd have absolutely ZERO interest in taking in Jeff Weaver, case closed. I'll take Schoeneweis at $1.75 mil over him, and that's saying something.

I like where you're going with dropping the mandate that Mota needs to be included in the deal, but I really think at least one of Jackson or Miller needs to be included for this to be a good trade for the Sox. Encarnacion and Thurston are just stop gaps, I don't want to trade Maggs for stop gaps, if he gets traded I want to trade him for long term high ceiling solutions, even if that means maybe packaging Magglio and Konerko together.

The best scenario for the Sox would be if the Dodgers do indeed get sold very soon to a gunslinger, Mark Cuban stye owner who wants to make a splash and compete in the very winnable 2004 NL West. Then maybe they'd be more inclined to give us a big package, inlcuding Jackson and/or Miller in addition to Perez.

Chisox_cali
01-27-2004, 04:25 AM
LBC in the house!

Sorry had to do it. It's funny cause I don't really talk like that.

Welcome to another california Sox fan, we got a few on this board.

You should be fine as long as you don't think the Sox will be good, or act positive about anything. Always trash management, players etc. and you will be embraced.

And for the love of God, DON'T BE EXCITED ABOUT THE UPCOMING SEASON (I'm well aware of where my caps lock key is, seeing as I pressed it with my left ring finger mere seconds before I typed that last sentence :smile: )