PDA

View Full Version : Garland on 94.7 the Zone tomorrow

BeerHandle
01-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Has anyone else heard the Jon Garland will on 94.7 the Zone tomorrow? I thought I heard they have been giving away Sox Fest tickets. I wasn't able to find anything on their web site.

soxnut
01-26-2004, 05:07 PM
I miss the old Z-95, and the original format for the Zone, oh well......

southsidegirl
01-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Where did you hear about this? I havn't heard anything about it, but if I didn't have damn school I would be sitting by my radio all day.

BeerHandle
01-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
Where did you hear about this? I havn't heard anything about it, but if I didn't have damn school I would be sitting by my radio all day.

I turned on my radio in my office and caught the end of the promo for the week. I could swear I heard them say Garland would be on and that they were giving away Sox Fest tickets. My customer was yapping on the other end of the phone so I wasn't 100% focused. I checked the Brook & Jill field and they still have last weeks guests. They haven't updated their site.

Did anyone else hear the promo?

southsidegirl
01-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Hmmmm. I just turned on the radio. I'll post again if I hear anything else. Ick. Linkin Park is on.

Foulke You
01-26-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
I miss the old Z-95, and the original format for the Zone, oh well......

At the risk of sending this thread to the parking lot...I disagree wholeheartedly with your sentiment above. The new format is great. It's about time Chicago has a real rock station again. The orignal Zone was just a Q101 wannabe (and Q101 pretty much sucks now). And now, back to the Sox topic!

This is good that the Sox are trying to reach out to the younger audience. About damn time.

southsidegirl
01-26-2004, 05:28 PM
I don't care much for newer music....unless it's ska. Foulke, I love your sig.

JGarlandrules20
01-26-2004, 05:28 PM
...Has anyone found out what time yet? It better be sometime after school.

Foulke You
01-26-2004, 05:41 PM
Foulke, I love your sig.

Thanks...George Carlin rules. :D:

ewokpelts
01-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
Has anyone else heard the Jon Garland will on 94.7 the Zone tomorrow? I thought I heard they have been giving away Sox Fest tickets. I wasn't able to find anything on their web site.

yes to both questions.....if you wanna ask JG something, email then to Brian the Whipping Boy's address(you can find it on his page at 947zone.com). Soxfest tickets were given out today to whomever could answer this trivia question: Who did the Packers play in Super Bowl 1?
Gene

JGarlandrules20
01-26-2004, 06:50 PM
I just heard that he will be on tomorrow morning.

southsidegirl
01-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Oh! Oh! Oh! What time? Could somebody pleeeeeeeeeeeeease listen for me and tell me EVERYTHING?

kevingrt
01-26-2004, 07:15 PM
I know they have been giving away Sox Fest tickets because they gave some away this morning at like 7:15. The question was like who was the leader in wins for the '75 season or something.

I don't know about the Garland thing but I listen every morning from 6:00 to 7:30

CubKilla
01-27-2004, 01:35 AM
Oh! Oh! Oh! What time? Could somebody pleeeeeeeeeeeeease listen for me and tell me EVERYTHING?

No time was given. Only that he will be interviewed on the Zone morning show.

WSox8404
01-27-2004, 08:31 AM
This seems to be quite funny. Brian the Whipping Boy is the man in charge of this and he is a huge flubby fan. I am trying to figure out why he is getting Garland instead of Wood or Clement. Oh well, a little publicity here and there won't hurt.

ewokpelts
01-27-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by WSox8404
This seems to be quite funny. Brian the Whipping Boy is the man in charge of this and he is a huge flubby fan. I am trying to figure out why he is getting Garland instead of Wood or Clement. Oh well, a little publicity here and there won't hurt.

espn1000 and the zone are sister stations....espn radio will be at soxfest....and garland's promoting soxfest.....as for whipping boy...while he may be a flub fan...he knows his shiznizzle, i've heard him talk about the sox in good detail...
Gene

southsidegirl
01-27-2004, 03:57 PM
The questions were mostly about the offseason and how every year is supposed to be a "breakout" year for him. He seemed a little insulted when Brian asked why he hasn't had that breakout year.

RichFitztightly
01-27-2004, 04:06 PM
The questions were mostly about the offseason and how every year is supposed to be a "breakout" year for him. He seemed a little insulted when Brian asked why he hasn't had that breakout year.

I'm insulted as a fan that he hasn't had that break-out season yet.

SEALgep
01-27-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly
I'm insulted as a fan that he hasn't had that break-out season yet.
I especially didn't care for his comments on fans last season. You don't like getting booed whenyou pitch like s***. Too bad, suck it up, or have fun in Charlotte. When Curry made those comments, it reminded me of Garland. Both are talented who complain, young, and too much potential to give up on. Let's get it going this year Garland.

southsidegirl
01-27-2004, 04:51 PM
IIRC that was Buehrle.

SEALgep
01-27-2004, 04:56 PM
IIRC that was Buehrle.
Nah it was Garland, Buehrle complained about the offense. I didn't like that either though, although I shared his disappointment. I like to keep things in house, but it also made me think at the time that he was on his way out, because he wanted to go to St. Louis. Buehrle after his extension said maybe people will stop harrassing about going to St. Louis like he was upset about it, but he said on more than one occasion. What did he expect. Anyway, I like him, and I'm looking for good seasons from both.

southsidegirl
01-27-2004, 04:59 PM
No, it was Buehrle cuz in that one game, he gave up 8 runs and then said that the fans shouldn't have booed him. I remember people over at the official message board going ape-s**t and saying that he should be traded.

jeremyb1
01-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I especially didn't care for his comments on fans last season. You don't like getting booed whenyou pitch like s***. Too bad, suck it up, or have fun in Charlotte. When Curry made those comments, it reminded me of Garland. Both are talented who complain, young, and too much potential to give up on. Let's get it going this year Garland.

Yeah, who cares about winning games when you can teach your 23 year old pitcher a lesson for failing to exercise better judgement by sending him to the minors.

SEALgep
01-27-2004, 05:11 PM
No, it was Buehrle cuz in that one game, he gave up 8 runs and then said that the fans shouldn't have booed him. I remember people over at the official message board going ape-s**t and saying that he should be traded.
I guess they both said it, I know Garland did, but it's not surprising Buehrle did as well. Doesn't matter, I don't want to hear any excuses, regardless if they're justified. Play hard, and expect the same from your mates. When you start pointing fingers you get what we had last season. I think that's one of the things Guillen will put an end to, and one of the reasons he was chosen.

OneDog
01-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Both Garland and Buehrle whined about being booed last year.

SEALgep
01-27-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by OneDog

It's easy to react in hindsight, but if their comment was I deserved to be booed with my performance, then I guarantee no one would. People just want a player to recognize what they need to do, when you complain, you just show that you are frustrated and putting it back on the fans instead of focusing what you need to do to remedy it for next time.

A.T. Money
01-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404

Wrong! Whip is a Sox fan, and a huge one at that. I've met him on many occasions on Friday nights at Hogs and Honeys. I BSed with him for over a half hour on Halloween in my toga...lol.

He's a Sox fan. He just reports fair.

BeerHandle
01-28-2004, 07:48 AM
I love the fact he was asked tough questions. If it was Bob Costas there would not have been tough question asked. I like Garland, but it is time for him to have at least 16 wins.

steff
01-28-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
Wrong! Whip is a Sox fan, and a huge one at that. I've met him on many occasions on Friday nights at Hogs and Honeys. I BSed with him for over a half hour on Halloween in my toga...lol.

He's a Sox fan. He just reports fair.

OT, but AT.. every time I see your SN I laugh hysterically!! :D:

Jerko
01-28-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by OneDog

Yes they both did; Buehrle was like 4-10 when he did it and Garland was whining about being booed and said none of us understood baseball or something to that effect. I'd find a link to when that was discussed here but, well, I'm too lazy.

SEALgep
01-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Yes they both did; Buehrle was like 4-10 when he did it and Garland was whining about being booed and said none of us understood baseball or something to that effect. I'd find a link to when that was discussed here but, well, I'm too lazy.

Lol, it doesn't matter, we all remember. I distinctly remember when Buehrle lost his away game to Anaheim, the Sox had like one run. I think we lost 3-1, something like that. He whined and moaned how the offense lost the game for him. He didn't even mention that Rowand snagged a 2 run homerun over the wall, and also later threw out a guy at home plate on a beautiful throw. The game wasn't as close as it should have been, and no credit was given. This year, I believe Guillen will not tolerate public statements like that. That's one of the reasons I like him. Solidarity, and in house mentality will be preached.

voodoochile
01-28-2004, 09:22 AM
Lol, it doesn't matter, we all remember. I distinctly remember when Buehrle lost his away game to Anaheim, the Sox had like one run. I think we lost 3-1, something like that. He whined and moaned how the offense lost the game for him. He didn't even mention that Rowand snagged a 2 run homerun over the wall, and also later threw out a guy at home plate on a beautiful throw. The game wasn't as close as it should have been, and no credit was given. This year, I believe Guillen will not tolerate public statements like that. That's one of the reasons I like him. Solidarity, and in house mentality will be preached.

Really? Well that will be a change from his press conferences so far...

Out of curiousity, where do you get that impression from? Ozzie has been very outspoken this off season regarding players and faults/expectations to the press. Why do you get the impression everything will change once the season starts?

SEALgep
01-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Really? Well that will be a change from his press conferences so far...

Out of curiousity, where do you get that impression from? Ozzie has been very outspoken this off season regarding players and faults/expectations to the press. Why do you get the impression everything will change once the season starts?
He wasn't slamming Frank, he merely said he was going to play his type of ball. He said the same of Maggs. Ozzie knows the importance of team ball, which is why the Marlins were successful. That conference was taken out of context. Besides, he was describing what is expected out of the club, not blaming them for not scoring runs. It's completely different.

A.T. Money
01-28-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by steff
OT, but AT.. every time I see your SN I laugh hysterically!! :D:

:D:

I thought it was funny. It'll be a bummer if they don't have those races anymore.

ewokpelts
01-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
:D:

I thought it was funny. It'll be a bummer if they don't have those races anymore.

i work for lasalle bank, and i hate those damm races....it only shows jerry's true side...money lovin....
Gene

voodoochile
01-28-2004, 11:01 AM
He wasn't slamming Frank, he merely said he was going to play his type of ball. He said the same of Maggs. Ozzie knows the importance of team ball, which is why the Marlins were successful. That conference was taken out of context. Besides, he was describing what is expected out of the club, not blaming them for not scoring runs. It's completely different.

Okay, even given that interpretation, how does it fit the "keeping things internal" part of your previous statement?

If that is what he thinks is internal, then it is going to be a long season.

SEALgep
01-28-2004, 11:04 AM
Okay, even given that interpretation, how does it fit the "keeping things internal" part of your previous statement?

If that is what he thinks is internal, then it is going to be a long season.

As I said, the blame game should be kept internal. Setting expectations is different, and should actually be made public for the fans so we're all on the same page as far as team plans.

voodoochile
01-28-2004, 11:05 AM
As I said, the blame game should be kept internal. Setting expectations is different, and should actually be made public for the fans so we're all on the same page as far as team plans.

Okay, I hope it works out that way, but I will await it actually happening to make a judgement.

I hope Ozzie turns out to be a great leader, but he will have to prove he actually is one.

SEALgep
01-28-2004, 11:10 AM
Okay, I hope it works out that way, but I will await it actually happening to make a judgement.

I hope Ozzie turns out to be a great leader, but he will have to prove he actually is one.
Granted. I could be wrong, he might spill his guts every chance he gets. I still like him as the manager. He will provide a change in mentality and a spark for the club, good or bad. It really is going to come down to winning, and effort. If it's obvious that everyone on the team are playing their hearts out, then we can go from there. I hope that's the case, we'll see.

voodoochile
01-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Granted. I could be wrong, he might spill his guts every chance he gets. I still like him as the manager. He will provide a change in mentality and a spark for the club, good or bad. It really is going to come down to winning, and effort. If it's obvious that everyone on the team are playing their hearts out, then we can go from there. I hope that's the case, we'll see.

Well, I can't see Ozzie running Neil Cotts out to the mound in NY in the heart of a pennant race with Buehrle rested ready and wanting to pitch, so at least one problem has been solved already... :D:

ewokpelts
01-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Well, I can't see Ozzie running Neil Cotts out to the mound in NY in the heart of a pennant race with Buehrle rested ready and wanting to pitch, so at least one problem has been solved already... :D:

amen brother!

steff
01-28-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
i work for lasalle bank, and i hate those damm races....it only shows jerry's true side...money lovin....
Gene

LOL.. LaSalle's promo and it's all Jerry's fault.. typical response.

ewokpelts
01-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by steff
LOL.. LaSalle's promo and it's all Jerry's fault.. typical response.

steff,
you got it all wrong....it's us the fans who are at fault! It's bad enough that there's an atm race, but why does it have to suck on top of it? ;}
Gene