PDA

View Full Version : Umpire question ?

IOWA SOXMAN
01-26-2004, 05:56 PM
Local ML umpires, Tim McClellan and Eric Cooper, have a call-in talk show on an area sports radio station. It's actually a very good program. However, wasn't it Cooper who blew the fair-foul call on a Crede homerun last season? Can anyone recall the specific circumstances? I'd like to call in and hear his explanation. Thanks.

BeerHandle
01-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by IOWA SOXMAN
Local ML umpires, Tim McClellan and Eric Cooper, have a call-in talk show on an area sports radio station. It's actually a very good program. However, wasn't it Cooper who blew the fair-foul call on a Crede homerun last season? Can anyone recall the specific circumstances? I'd like to call in and hear his explanation. Thanks.

It was Cooper who blew the homer against Baltimore (almost 1000% sure). He has has called many bad games behind the home plate when the Sox have played.

SEALgep
01-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Ya, the specific circumstance is that he was an idiot. He took a homerun from Crede in the 7th inning in Cleveland that would have tied the game. The Sox ended up losing. Crede was asked if it changed the course of the game, and being a good guy, said since when has a foul ball ever done that. It was clearly a homer.
Not to mention Cooper also forgot the count in some other game (not with the Sox). He's an idiot. Every time I see that guy, and I watch a lot of games, he's always making some sort of bad call. I can't believe they are going to let him back.

npdempse
01-26-2004, 06:03 PM
yep, Cooper. The guy's an idiot, blows calls all the time. I try to remember to boo him loudly whenever he's announced as one of the umps.

gogosoxgogo
01-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Crede was asked if it changed the course of the game, and being a good guy, said since when has a foul ball ever done that.

May want to ask Moises Alou that question. :D:

SEALgep
01-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
yep, Cooper. The guy's an idiot, blows calls all the time. I try to remember to boo him loudly whenever he's announced as one of the umps. It's the only umpire's name I know. The guy is so stupid you can't possibly forget him.

Jjav829
01-26-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
It's the only umpire's name I know. The guy is so stupid you can't possibly forget him.

Get to know Mark Carlson's name. He's a Sox fan. :smile: