PDA

View Full Version : Can we trade for

Daver
09-05-2001, 10:14 PM
Brandon Inge? That guy is not bad behind the plate.

Jjav829
09-05-2001, 10:19 PM
We might be able to. The Tigers could have three good young catchers next year in Meluskey, Inge, and Fick. However with Tony Clark probably leaving via Free Agency, they could make Fick their regular first baseman.

danman31
09-05-2001, 10:19 PM
He is injured though and I don't think Detroit will trade him, Garner really liked him when Meluskey went down.

LongDistanceFan
09-06-2001, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
We might be able to. The Tigers could have three good young catchers next year in Meluskey, Inge, and Fick. However with Tony Clark probably leaving via Free Agency, they could make Fick their regular first baseman. Ahhh but they have a real stud hitting machine in the minor by the name of eric munson who plays cat/1b. The scouts predict that he will play 1b.

Randar68
09-06-2001, 10:32 AM
Ahhh but they have a real stud hitting machine in the minor by the name of eric munson who plays cat/1b. The scouts predict that he will play 1b.

Right on there, With Meluskey, Inge, and another top catching prospect (name escapes me), they already have 3 excellent catchers (although Meluskey isn't anything to get excited about defensively), and Munson is very inexperieneced and poor behind the plate, but hits a ton....1B written all over him...

Hundley for Prez
09-06-2001, 11:25 AM
Brandon Inge is Ron Karkovice in the making. He looks great behind the plate, but has not hit at any level. Despite Hawk glowing over his defense and saying he'll learn how to hit, I'd say he is more likely to be a career backup than a legitimate starter. Maybe like a Mike Matheny if he can catch a break like he did. Then again, it's players that can not hit like Matheny that are the reason the Cards aren't in front of the Cubs, yet.

I'll take a good hitting catcher over a good defensive catcher anyday. Only one can do both, and he's hurt again.

OfficerKarkovice
09-06-2001, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Hundley for Prez
Brandon Inge is Ron Karkovice in the making.

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!! Let's get this guy.

Dadawg_77
09-06-2001, 11:51 AM
Why get a catcher, lets go see if we can get some disgruntle(sp?) Bo sox players. Pedro, Nomar and or Manny. Okay someone slap me so I can wake up now.