PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Power Rankings

MHOUSE
01-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Based on moves made this offseason. Sox ranked below Brewers, Devil Rays, and Dodgers among many others. Thankfully we beat out the Twins, but the Royals got major props.

LINKY (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1692140)

quade36
01-26-2004, 01:07 PM
these rankings have no connection with how good the team will be next year. This is just based on their offseason moves. I don't follow these rankings at all.

SSN721
01-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by quade36
these rankings have no connection with how good the team will be next year. This is just based on their offseason moves. I don't follow these rankings at all.

I completely agree, no guarantee on any players performance this year, some could be breakouts, others busts. I certainly don't think the Sox are 5th to last in teams in MLB. I do pretty much agree where the Sox are ranked for off season moves, but who knows, might be a Loaiza in all the minor league contracts. hopefully. :(:

ChiSox21
01-26-2004, 03:01 PM
A loaiza happens once every 20 years.

quade36
01-26-2004, 03:11 PM
I still think the Sox are the better of the teams in their division. That of course isn't saying much because there are 3 teams in each of the other divisions I feel are better. ESPN and MLB have done nothing but say how they are on the decline. They use these rankings to try and prove their point. However, the Sox greatly underacheived last year.

I am dreading the time this summer when everyone is going to start saying what a great team this is and should win their division.... grrhhhh...