PDA

View Full Version : Lets Help Rob Gallas: Have a "stars of past" BobbleHead Promo all year

Hangar18
01-26-2004, 10:41 AM
I can think of 2 guys Immediately who should have Bobbleheads for this. Jack McDowell and Bo Jackson. Can you see BlackJack with that mean scowl on a bobblehead? priceless. Heres
two more ........ a 1970's era Dick Allen bobblehead, in the red pinstripes, AND a Rich Gossage or Bucky Dent in the Powder
Lite Blue Road Unis. Those would be Kick A**. weve had a ton of stars over the years, no reason we shouldnt have Bobbles to represent them. Not like that team 8 miles north, who put the first guy the get, and put a bobble out

ewokpelts
01-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I can think of 2 guys Immediately who should have Bobbleheads for this. Jack McDowell and Bo Jackson. Can you see BlackJack with that mean scowl on a bobblehead? priceless. Heres
two more ........ a 1970's era Dick Allen bobblehead, in the red pinstripes, AND a Rich Gossage or Bucky Dent in the Powder
Lite Blue Road Unis. Those would be Kick A**. weve had a ton of stars over the years, no reason we shouldnt have Bobbles to represent them. Not like that team 8 miles north, who put the first guy the get, and put a bobble out

And for the public...not just season ticket holders.....there are some people who dont know who nellie fox is, and wonder why he's on a season ticket holder exclusive bobble...
Gene

Baby Fisk
01-26-2004, 10:57 AM
I'd love a Wilbur Wood bobblehead in the red pinstripes WITH GENUINE FUZZY PORKCHOP SIDEBURNS!

BlackJack would be great too. Bo Jackson could come with a plastic hip you can take out and put back in again...

ewokpelts
01-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
I'd love a Wilbur Wood bobblehead in the red pinstripes WITH GENUINE FUZZY PORKCHOP SIDEBURNS!

BlackJack would be great too. Bo Jackson could come with a plastic hip you can take out and put back in again...

that hip feature would be too expensive for jerry to make
Gene

Baby Fisk
01-26-2004, 11:00 AM
As for Jerry, let's have one with Jerry kneeling down, kissing Carlton Fisk's butt for forgiveness!
:)

ewokpelts
01-26-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
As for Jerry, let's have one with Jerry kneeling down, kissing Carlton Fisk's butt for forgiveness!
:)

Or a Dart Set with Jerry's face on it. It'd sell, even at ballpark prices!
Gene

kittle42
01-26-2004, 11:03 AM
I have a better idea. Let's have a bobble head promotion linking "White Sox - past to present" which accurately reflects JR's continuing philosophy. It will be filled with flops and scrap heap reclamation projects. Scott Ruffcorn, Chris Sabo, and Cory Snyder will be given out during the first three homestands.

Dick Allen
01-26-2004, 11:04 AM
How about a JR bobble, with the head bobbing up and down where the sun don't shine.

Hangar18
01-26-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
I have a better idea. Let's have a bobble head promotion linking "White Sox - past to present" which accurately reflects JR's continuing philosophy. It will be filled with flops and scrap heap reclamation projects. Scott Ruffcorn, Chris Sabo, and Cory Snyder will be given out during the first three homestands.

LMAO. Id wait in line for a Chris Snopek bobble, or an Adam Peterson

ewokpelts
01-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Well.....Rob and jerry can do a lot more than 1 or 2 bobbles a year. I think a Bobblehead representing each decade of Sox Baseball might be cool, or even reprints of topps cards of sox greats(it worked for the cubs)...You'd attact as many collectors as fans, AND mebbe some fo those fans clueless about older players can LEARN something. Any promos that highlight sox history are great in my book...and and dollar dog nights
Gene

jabrch
01-26-2004, 12:19 PM
How bout a big fat Luzinski BobbleHead? or a Ron Kittle?

jshanahanjr
01-26-2004, 12:24 PM
McDowell & Rockin' Robin are a must! How about Beltin Bill?

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-26-2004, 01:00 PM
what about ribbie and roobarb? :R&R

Baby Fisk
01-26-2004, 02:25 PM
Sox Bobblehead Pantheon, distributed over 2 seasons:

SEASON ONE
April - Joe Jackson
May - Ed Collins
June - Luis Aparicio
July - Bill Melton
Aug - LaMarr Hoyt
Sept - Jack McDowell

SEASON TWO
April - Ed Walsh
May - Buck Weaver
June - Minnie Minoso
July - Nellie Fox
Aug - Dick Allen
Sept - Royce Clayton

:hitless

"YES! I am the greatest! A pantheon is good, right?"

jabrch
01-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
what about ribbie and roobarb? :R&R

Roobarb would have a bobble snout!

gogosoxgogo
01-26-2004, 03:05 PM
What's the obsession with bobble heads? I've never understood that.

Hangar18
01-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
What's the obsession with bobble heads? I've never understood that.

I dont know, but I became obsessed also with them.
Heres ANOTHER SUGGESTION Mr. Gallas.
****NANCY FAUST**** how cool would that be? have her
with a little miniature hammond organ (or whatever she uses)

1951Campbell
01-26-2004, 04:53 PM
Hey, Gallas...replace the shower with JR in a dunk tank. The Sox would make millions.

Church Turtle
01-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Maybe Nancy Faust's bobblehead could have the accordian instead.

BeerHandle
01-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Thigpen!

Foulke You
01-26-2004, 05:26 PM
A Robin Ventura in a Nolan Ryan headlock bobble doll complete with Nolan Ryan "bobble arm" that swings back and forth into Robin's head. :D:

SEALgep
01-26-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
Thigpen!

That's a good one, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to give him some props after a serious injury he had at the Lightening game. Fell down the stairs if someone didn't know, last year. He was really banged up, but I think he's fine now. Anyway, I would go to the game, I want a Thingpen bobblehead. NOW! Lol.