PDA

View Full Version : *Official* WSI Soxfest gathering

Iwritecode
01-26-2004, 11:35 AM
Plan to meet in the bar after Soxfest is over. There should be a gathering on both Friday and Saturday night.

Go to the end of the bar farthest away from the door and look for a bunch of tables pushed together.

Here's the list of attendees:

Steff
Voodoo
Hangar18
Viva Magglio
soxwon
ewokpelts
cubhater
TornLabrum @ the Windy City Sox Fans booth
HITMEN OF 77 (all the way from Washington I might add)
DukeOC
Hondo
WLL1855
StillMissOzzie
Fisk72
Palehose13
Brian26
Tekijawa
joepoe
chisoxmike
whitesoxwilkes
Cheeses (maybe)
Mr and Mrs. Aloha
southsidegirl
JGarlandrules20
ChiWhiteSox1337 (maybe)
Soxfan7070
starboy0
Dan H
Mickster
DannyCarterFan
CubKilla (maybe)
PINWHEELS
Farmer_Andy
Shane
Iwritecode
bilpatrick
DrCrawdad

Tekijawa
01-26-2004, 11:43 AM
I'll be there Saturday, Proudly Sporting My Buehrle Jersey! I'll be the 6'7" Pollack, the 6'6" Pollak next to me will be my brother....

:D:

jabrch
01-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I'll be there Saturday, Proudly Sporting My Buehrle Jersey! I'll be the 6'7" Pollack, the 6'6" Pollak next to me will be my brother....

:D:

Leave it to the Pollock to misspell "POLLOCK" in two different ways in the same post!!! :)

Tekijawa
01-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Leave it to the Pollock to misspell "POLLOCK" in two different ways in the same post!!! :)

We both spelled it wrong! lol

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=polack

any way I'll see you all there...

HITMEN OF 77
01-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Just look for someone wearing the mid or late 60's type Sox hats and that will be me. Oh and a good looking girl with dark brown hair would be my girlfriend Kim, she doesn't like hats.

ewokpelts
01-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
We both spelled it wrong! lol

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=polack

any way I'll see you all there...
stuff like this makes me proud to be a dp with an irish last name
Gene

Iwritecode
01-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Once again, I'll be the guy with long hair in a ponytail and a goatee that kinda looks like a truck driver.

I'll more than likely be wearing a black Maggs or Thomas jersey although I do have one white shirt with the Sox logo on the front.

I haven't quite gotten around to getting my picture posted on here yet...

voodoochile
01-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Once again, I'll be the guy with long hair in a ponytail and a goatee that kinda looks like a truck driver.

I'll more than likely be wearing a black Maggs or Thomas jersey although I do have one white shirt with the Sox logo on the front.

I haven't quite gotten around to getting my picture posted on here yet...

I know what you look like. Look for me. I have met a bunch of people from this board already anyway.

Iwritecode
01-26-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I know what you look like. Look for me. I have met a bunch of people from this board already anyway.

I probably will. The description was more for the people that will be at the fest itself should they happen to see me standing in line or something.

Once I get into the bar, I'll look for you and hopefully be able to recognize a few others (steff, Hangar, Wilkes, etc...) from the pictures I've seen on here.

FarmerAndy
01-26-2004, 03:16 PM
I'll be there Saturday. (not Friday)

I'll probably be sportin' my Strickland Propane cap.

skottyj242
01-26-2004, 03:47 PM
I think I might just have to join you guys on Saturday, I think I'm bringing my old man.

southsidegirl
01-26-2004, 05:56 PM
I'll be there all days. I figure I'll just bring all of my jerseys and tee shirts and change every hour or so. My head has grown so much in the last 3 months that my Sox hat doesn't even fit anymore! I have dark brown hair. I'm about 5'5'' and I have 2 different colored eyes.

kevingrt
01-26-2004, 08:18 PM
I was thinking of going Friday and probably stay the whole afternoon and nite. Hopefulyl I'll see some fo you guys there.

TornLabrum
01-26-2004, 08:51 PM
What time are we looking at both nights?

cubhater
01-26-2004, 09:27 PM
I have tix for Sunday but will try to make it Friday nite. Look for me wearing my Cubs 2003 NL Champs t-shirt.

StillMissOzzie
01-26-2004, 09:40 PM
I've got a question for those of you w/ hotel reservations for Friday night and letters of invitation to the Loaiza / Hoyt signings. Are you all limited to ONE and only one autograph of each, or is there any chance you might bring an item of mine to get signed, too? That's assuming I get there Friday night, of course.

I'll be wearing the swank black giveaway cap with the flying sock in the red diamond, along with the Hawaiin-style White Sox shirt.

SMO

steff
01-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

Hal.. Jim and I will see you inside no matter what. There's a good chance we will not make the bar as something has come up.

Iwritecode
01-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

I would assume that on Friday night it would be sometime between 9 & 10 depending on when people get up there.

Saturday I'm not sure about because the fest ends earlier and people will probably want to grab something to eat first. If I had to guess I'd say it'd be around the same time.

Originally posted by steff
Hal.. Jim and I will see you inside no matter what. There's a good chance we will not make the bar as something has come up.

Hope it's nothing too serious. I was looking forward to meeting you guys. Maybe I'll see you at a game this year...

steff
01-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Hope it's nothing too serious. I was looking forward to meeting you guys. Maybe I'll see you at a game this year...

Nothing serious at all. Thanks. That was nice of you.

I'm sure I'll see you at some point this weekend.

Palehose13
01-27-2004, 09:07 PM
I'll be there with my friend Natalie ready to party both Friday and Saturday night. So, we'll be the two chicks in our late 20's. I'm the short one. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

Jerko
01-27-2004, 09:58 PM
I'm not much of a Soxfest guy, but to all of you who are going, I hope you have a good time and enjoy yourselves, even though this team can be nothing short of infuriating 90% of the time! Again, enjoy!

DrCrawdad
01-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by cubhater
I have tix for Sunday but will try to make it Friday nite. Look for me wearing my Cubs 2003 NL Champs t-shirt.

I wish I had one of those!

DrCrawdad
01-28-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I wish I had one of those!

2000 POSTS! NOW 2001!

Iwritecode
01-28-2004, 02:47 PM
2000 POSTS! NOW 2001! '

Speech! Speech!

DrCrawdad
01-28-2004, 04:35 PM
'

Speech! Speech!

I just won four (3-day) passes to SoxFest from WXRT!

:D: :D: :D: :gulp: :gulp:

southsidegirl
01-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Seriously? That is so cool!!!!!!!

DrCrawdad
01-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
Seriously? That is so cool!!!!!!!

Serious as...

Yes, WXRT ran a contest for the tickets. Very cool too because I probably would not have gone without the freebies or I would have only gone for one day.

Add me to the list of Friday attendees!

Iwritecode
01-28-2004, 09:11 PM
I just won four (3-day) passes to SoxFest from WXRT!

:D: :D: :D: :gulp: :gulp:

Congrats!!!

See, now this should have been your 2000th post...

:)

You've been added to the list. Hope to see you there.

Brian26
01-30-2004, 09:56 AM
I remember when I won a weekend pass for Soxfest 97 from Dave Wills and Criss Cross on WMVP.

Hangar18
01-30-2004, 10:33 AM
Serious as...

Yes, WXRT ran a contest for the tickets. Very cool too because I probably would not have gone without the freebies or I would have only gone for one day.

Add me to the list of Friday attendees!

Theres a number of you that I want to meet .......
and Dr Cradwad is on this list too ....

thepaulbowski
01-30-2004, 10:40 AM
I may stop by...I have to wait and see how things shakeout tonight.

Bucktown
01-30-2004, 11:34 AM
I am leaving to catch the train in Milwaukee and on to SoxFest from there. See you at the bar tonight (black pants, colorful shirt, white hair).

- Will (Bucktown)

cheeses_h_rice
01-30-2004, 12:12 PM
I won't be attending, IWC -- it's just too ****ing cold out today, and I have plans for tomorrow night.

Anyway, have fun and stay warm...

Hondo
01-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Due to last minute circumstances I won't be attending.

Nothing Serious.

I was hoping to meet some of you guys but oh well I guess.

Have a great time and make sure to take plenty of pictures to post on the Photo Gallery

voodoochile
01-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I won't be attending, IWC -- it's just too ****ing cold out today, and I have plans for tomorrow night.

Anyway, have fun and stay warm...

I have to agree, but I will be there tomorrow night for sure.

Tekijawa
01-30-2004, 02:31 PM
See you guys tomorrow night!

Teki

Hangar18
01-30-2004, 02:36 PM
Attendance is Mandatory,
dont make me pull out the attendance book .......

Tekijawa
01-30-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Attendance is Mandatory,
dont make me pull out the attendance book .......

All Non-Attendees will be required to make up this session at a Whitesox v. Rangers Game!!! Bad baseball at it's best!

steff
01-30-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I have to agree, but I will be there tomorrow night for sure.

You'll do anything to get out of buying me a beer...

voodoochile
01-30-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by steff
You'll do anything to get out of buying me a beer...

You said you weren't coming. Are you going to be there tonight and not tomorrow?

Viva Magglio
01-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Plan to meet in the bar after Soxfest is over. There should be a gathering on both Friday and Saturday night.

Go to the end of the bar farthest away from the door and look for a bunch of tables pushed together.

Here's the list of attendees:

Viva Magglio

Obviously, I'm not there tonight. However, I plan on being at the Sox Family Party and then the atrium bar on Saturday night. And maybe the sports bar downstairs too.

StillMissOzzie
01-31-2004, 01:33 AM
I was there Friday night with my son, so I wasn't gonna be staying long. I did get a chance to introduce myself to TornLabrum at the WCSF booth.

Which bar is everyone meeting at - the sports bar on the lower level or the other bar (the "atrium" bar?) on the same level as the check-in desk?

Maybe a balloon w/ "WSI" on it, or some sort of table marker is in order...

SMO
:gulp: