PDA

View Full Version : Promos Update


ewokpelts
01-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Hey All,

I just talked to my ticket rep, and I have good news!

Half Price Mondays are back! (I know only 4 games, but still...)
Half Price Tuesdays are Back! (same deal as before...sponsored by Pepsi)
AND.....SOX7 is now SOX9 (do the math)

Gene

npdempse
01-26-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
SOX7 is now SOX9 (do the math)


Are you saying the math is buy 8, get one free?

ewokpelts
01-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by npdempse
Are you saying the math is buy 8, get one free?

Yes. I'm at work, and had to hurry up my post.

According to my rep, it's the same rules as before, just that you have to buy 8 instead of 6 at full price. I guess we'll know all the details(i.e. restricted games, ect) by soxfest.
Gene

p.s. the half off tuesday game program may or may not include opening day.

CubKilla
01-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
AND.....SOX7 is now SOX9 (do the math)

Gene

Boy..... does :reinsy have balls.

:reinsy

"I had to make the 'Sox 7' a 'Sox 9' to break even on all the cheapskates that are going to buy the cheaper UD Reserved seats this season."

ewokpelts
01-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Boy..... does :reinsy have balls.

:reinsy

"I had to make the 'Sox 7' a 'Sox 9' to break even on all the cheapskates that are going to buy the cheaper UD Reserved seats this season."

beats not having sox7/sox9
Gene

Foulke You
01-26-2004, 11:47 AM
If they have restricted games (i.e. Cubs series, Opening Day) AND they are making me pay more AND they are making me buy an extra game AND they have done nothing to improve the team, they will make my decision an easy one on whether to re-up my package which I've purchased the last 3 years. I will go back to buying single game tickets.

jabrch
01-26-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
beats not having sox7/sox9
Gene \

Buy 8 get 1 free? Screw Him...I'll buy scalped tickets at the park on the day I want to come and pay less than face. What a pile of crap.

What about that marketing company in Canada that sold the 1/2 price tickets last year in the second half? Anyone remember them? Are they going to have the same deal this season?

soxnut
01-26-2004, 12:00 PM
The same old wah, wah, wah from you guys once again.

ewokpelts
01-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
\

Buy 8 get 1 free? Screw Him...I'll buy scalped tickets at the park on the day I want to come and pay less than face. What a pile of crap.

What about that marketing company in Canada that sold the 1/2 price tickets last year in the second half? Anyone remember them? Are they going to have the same deal this season?

the granton packages? I didnt ask my rep about that...
Gene

dllrbll7
01-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
[B\. I guess we'll know all the details(i.e. restricted games, ect) by soxfest.
Gene

[/B]

Restricted games? They have never had that before. Did he mention that there will be restrictions thats BS, my whole point is gettin the package is to get those games.

CubKilla
01-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
The same old wah, wah, wah from you guys once again.

Thanks for checking in JR

jabrch
01-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
the granton packages? I didnt ask my rep about that...
Gene

Right - Granton...That was a great deal. 2 free box seats and about 20 1/2 price tickets for 30$ or something like that. That was a steal!

anewman35
01-26-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
According to my rep, it's the same rules as before, just that you have to buy 8 instead of 6 at full price. I guess we'll know all the details(i.e. restricted games, ect) by soxfest.
Gene


That makes no sense at all! That means more full price tickets will be sold, and everybody knows JR doesn't want that!

CubKilla
01-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
That makes no sense at all! That means more full price tickets will be sold, and everybody knows JR doesn't want that!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here. JR made the "Sox 7" a "Sox 9" due to the fact that the Organization probably lost more than a few Season Ticket Holders from '03-'04. And after the plethora of offseason moves to get Sox fans excited for the '04 season, I'm guessing that you'd have had more "Sox 7" customers in '03 than you'll have "Sox 9" customers in '04.

voodoochile
01-26-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I'm gonna go out on a limb here. JR made the "Sox 7" a "Sox 9" due to the fact that the Organization probably lost more than a few Season Ticket Holders from '03-'04. And after the plethora of offseason moves to get Sox fans excited for the '04 season, I'm guessing that you'd have had more "Sox 7" customers in '03 than you'll have "Sox 9" customers in '04.

I wouldn't even bat an eye about upping to a Sox 9 personally. UDR seats will still be a steal. You do the flubbies series, home opener and the 4 MN games and pick a game in September against a rival for $1. It's still a good deal...

joecrede
01-26-2004, 01:12 PM
Assuming a top price of $12 for a weekday UD reserve (it could be as low as $10), you could get a seat in the first few rows of the UD outfield to 9 games for as little as $73 ... and people are angry about this? Amazing.

voodoochile
01-26-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
Assuming a top price of $12 for a weekday UD reserve (it could be as low as $10), you could get a seat in the first few rows of the UD outfield to 9 games for as little as $73 ... and people are angry about this? Amazing.

And that includes your pick of any games the price doesn't change so long as you do all 4 MN games as part of the package. Even if you don't, you would only increase the price by a maximum of $24. You really can't go wrong and because these packages have set asides for seats, you will get your seats assigned BEFORE they go on sale to the general public but behind the ST holders. They are solid seats and if you chose to upgrade to UDB, the entire package would still be less than $150.

It's a real good deal. Family of four seats in the UD 9 times next season, $282. That's not bad at all.

If you just want to see some baseball how can you argue with that price?

ewokpelts
01-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
And that includes your pick of any games the price doesn't change so long as you do all 4 MN games as part of the package. Even if you don't, you would only increase the price by a maximum of $24. You really can't go wrong and because these packages have set asides for seats, you will get your seats assigned BEFORE they go on sale to the general public but behind the ST holders. They are solid seats and if you chose to upgrade to UDB, the entire package would still be less than $150.

It's a real good deal. Family of four seats in the UD 9 times next season, $282. That's not bad at all.

If you just want to see some baseball how can you argue with that price?

yeah..what he sed!
Gene

soxnut
01-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
Assuming a top price of $12 for a weekday UD reserve (it could be as low as $10), you could get a seat in the first few rows of the UD outfield to 9 games for as little as $73 ... and people are angry about this? Amazing.

It is amazing. There are always a bunch of people who have to whine and complain about something. And people who say they're not going at all this year because of little offseason movement, please don't bother showing up at all if the Sox are in contention.................

ewokpelts
01-26-2004, 06:43 PM
With Sox 9(why did the Sox lose the power of alliteration?), you can get 9 games for 91 bucks.
Here's How:

Assuming you want "big games" (opener, flubs series)...you do it like this....
1 Opening Day Ticket @ UDR Price: 12
1 ticket to any other "weekday" game: 12
1 ticket to each half off monday game(4 games): 24
1 ticket to Sox/Flubs Game 1 : 21 (weekend price + 5 bucks extra)
1 ticket to Sox/Flubs game 2: 21
1 Ticket to Sox/Flubs Game 3 :1 (dollar game)

Thats' 91 bucks. With an average price of $10.11 a game. As long as you make a flub game your dollar game, you win. Or you can get opening day and halff off nights mixed witha couple of weeknight games, and just get one flub game for a buck. People will pay 50 bucks JUST for the flub ticket in the UDR. Do the math people, and stop complaining. At least they didnt cancel the promotional programs.
Gene

TornLabrum
01-26-2004, 07:57 PM
I don't know why anyone would be bitching or moaning over a 9-game package over a 7-game package. I have a 9-game package for the Jackhammers and 5 and 10-game packages for the Cougars. I'd like a 9-game Sox deal.

ewokpelts
01-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I don't know why anyone would be bitching or moaning over a 9-game package over a 7-game package. I have a 9-game package for the Jackhammers and 5 and 10-game packages for the Cougars. I'd like a 9-game Sox deal.

It kinda sucks if you're on a budget. Or you wanted to buy a whole season of sox baseball via sox 7, which then your price goes up a bit....not horribly higher, but still. But then again, since they are bringing back half off mondays/tuesdays.....sox fans ona budget are still in luck. And this is with variable pricing in effect.
Gene

jabrch
01-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I don't know why anyone would be bitching or moaning over a 9-game package over a 7-game package. I have a 9-game package for the Jackhammers and 5 and 10-game packages for the Cougars. I'd like a 9-game Sox deal.


I think people are bitching because despite the little effort we have seen from management, they are still turning it from buy 6 to buy 8. If management was making efforts to win, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But when I feel like I am being screwed, I don't want to pay for two extra tickets. I know that is kinda silly. I will go to 20 games anyhow this year. I am just not going to committ my money to them in advance when JR won't committ his money for us.

Last year, we showed up...2mm of us. JR said if we came, he'd spend. We came - he did not hold up his end of the bargain. The only reason we got Alomar and Everett was because they were free - we only had to give up our minor league talent and their original teams paid their salaries. JR said if we came, he'd spend money. We came - and I feel like he is screwing me by not spending a reasonable amount this year.

bc2k
01-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
With Sox 9(why did the Sox lose the power of alliteration?)

No, it's still here. Sox Suck has replaced Sox Seven.

Upper Deck seats suck. Every damn upper deck seat sucks. In one aspect you may be close to the field, but you're still 60 feet above the earth - not good for ball perception/flight.

In one offseason the Sox have taken away every price advantage for smart shoppers: half-priced Mondays reduced to four (and only two different teams in those four games); now charge more for weekend seats than weekday; raised the Sox-7 to Sox-9. Did the Sox raise parking prices too?

Sox management sucks. Sox players suck. Sox prices suck. Sox payroll sucks. I was a 2003 Sox-7 owner who went to at least 11 games last season. After this slap to the face, followed by backhand to the other cheek, followed by a knee to the balls, I'm on the Hanger18 bandwagon and boycotting these flubs.

The Sox should have either rebuilt or reloaded this past offseason. This standing pat BS is, well, BS. I don't want to sit miles away from the field, I don't want to pay high prices to sit close, but above all, I don't want to watch a bunch of losers. Sox Suck.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-26-2004, 10:26 PM
That selection of games for only $90 is pretty good. I sat in one of the UD box seats in the first few rows last year for one of the flub games and I thought it was great. That seat is now considered a reserve ticket so it's even cheaper now. Any word if there's still going to be the lower deck ban for UD ticket holders?

anewman35
01-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by bc2k

Upper Deck seats suck. Every damn upper deck seat sucks. In one aspect you may be close to the field, but you're still 60 feet above the earth - not good for ball perception/flight.

I'd pick a good upper deck seat over a bad lower deck one any day.

joecrede
01-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Upper Deck seats suck. Every damn upper deck seat sucks. In one aspect you may be close to the field, but you're still 60 feet above the earth - not good for ball perception/flight.

I'd advise you to sit in the lower deck then.

Daver
01-26-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
I'd pick a good upper deck seat over a bad lower deck one any day.

I've sat in the UD,if your behind the plate they are good seats.

The club level seats are good too.

bc2k
01-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
I'd pick a good upper deck seat over a bad lower deck one any day.

Why force yourself to choose the best of the bad?

If you're going to the game anyway, buy the quality Camry instead of chintzing on a POS Taurus or Bonneville.

voodoochile
01-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Daver
I've sat in the UD,if your behind the plate they are good seats.

The club level seats are good too.

I agree. I sit there all the time. Still, the Sox-9 LD plan isn't that bad if you truly don't want to sit in the UD.

I find it funny that bc2K (who bought a 7-game plan last year and went to 11 games) is complaining about the Sox-9 package. Is picking out 2 more of the games you want to see before the season starts that big of a deal, or are you drawing the line at 7 games this year?

voodoochile
01-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Why force yourself to choose the best of the bad?

How many times have you sat up there? Just curious...

bc2k
01-26-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I agree. I sit there all the time. Still, the Sox-9 LD plan isn't that bad if you truly don't want to sit in the UD.

I find it funny that bc2K (who bought a 7-game plan last year and went to 11 games) is complaining about the Sox-9 package. Is picking out 2 more of the games you want to see before the season starts that big of a deal, or are you drawing the line at 7 games this year?

The 2003 Sox were much better than the 2004 Sox on paper.

Pre-purchasing a plan forces you to sit with the same people with whom you bought the plan. The four games I attended outside of the Sox-7 plan were with people who weren't huge baseball fans and only attend one or two games per year. The reasons listed in my above post are why I'm more likely to attend fewer games than in 2003, with the biggest reason being the quality of the team.

There needs to be financial consequences to the Sox organization for fielding an inferior team.

Originally posted by voodoochile
How many times have you sat up there? Just curious...

I sat up there three times last season: two for the Cubs games and one time outside of my Sox-7 plan. I didn't have the best UD seats in any of those games, but i was able to sit in the front row behind home plate during batting practice - definately nothing to write home about.

Whoever says the best UD seats are better than the average LD seats is a liar or a fool. You cannot honestly or sanely say that tracking the ball flight is just as natural as when sitting in the LD.

voodoochile
01-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
The 2003 Sox were much better than the 2004 Sox on paper.

Pre-purchasing a plan forces you to sit with the same people with whom you bought the plan with. The four games I attended outside of the Sox-7 plan were with people who weren't huge baseball fans and only attend one or two games per year. The reasons listed in my above post are why I'm more likely to attend fewer games than in 2003, with the biggest reason being the quality of the team.

There needs to be financial consequences to the Sox organization for fielding an inferior team.

That I agree with. But I think it is also a different issue. Still, if you accept that the Sox won't be great this year, but love baseball none the less, I doubt you will have a hard time finding 9 games to go to this season. Buy only 2 seats and go with less people. Remember that the other games (read not flubbies or Home Opener) should all have seats available walk up, so if someone wants to go with you, they can just buy another UD seat and go. Go with smaller groups, and save your money that way.

The Sox-9 or Sox-7 plan is a good deal no matter what. All of us want them to find ways to increase revenue, well, this is one way. I sat near a group of flubbie fans last year for the whole flubbie series. Must have been 12 of them or so sitting right behind me taking up a whole row almost. They did what I do, buy the flubbie series and a few select other games that mean something (Yankees, other NL teams, etc.) Now they will have to pay more for the privledge, while the die hard fans aren't really getting hit that hard because most of them will go to a couple of other games in addition to the sox-7 - like you did last year.

ewokpelts
01-26-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
That selection of games for only $90 is pretty good. I sat in one of the UD box seats in the first few rows last year for one of the flub games and I thought it was great. That seat is now considered a reserve ticket so it's even cheaper now. Any word if there's still going to be the lower deck ban for UD ticket holders?

from what i was told...yes...and if not all season...then on big games and half off nights
Gene

voodoochile
01-26-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
I sat up there three times last season: two for the Cubs games and one time outside of my Sox-7 plan. I didn't have the best UD seats in any of those games, but i was able to sit in the front row behind home plate during batting practice - definately nothing to write home about.

Whoever says the best UD seats are better than the average LD seats is a liar or a fool. You cannot honestly or sanely say that tracking the ball flight is just as natural as when sitting in the LD.

It takes a while to get used to it up there. When I first sat up there back in the early 90's, I had the same problem. Foul pops looked like screaming liners for a while, but I got used to it. You will too if you continue to go. I will take any seat between the batting circles in the UD as it is currently configured over an outfield seat any day of the week. The LD corners aren't that great either, IMO.

It does have to do with perceived value also. Is it better to sit in less expensive, less than perfect seats and see live baseball on a Summer evening or to not go at all because you cannot afford the perfect seat?

UDR is going to be $6.00 this season on half price nights. That's cheaper than a movie...

bc2k
01-26-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
That I agree with. But I think it is also a different issue. Still, if you accept that the Sox won't be great this year, but love baseball none the less, I doubt you will have a hard time finding 9 games to go to this season. Buy only 2 seats and go with less people. Remember that the other games (read not flubbies or Home Opener) should all have seats available walk up, so if someone wants to go with you, they can just buy another UD seat and go. Go with smaller groups, and save your money that way.

The Sox-9 or Sox-7 plan is a good deal no matter what. All of us want them to find ways to increase revenue, well, this is one way. I sat near a group of flubbie fans last year for the whole flubbie series. Must have been 12 of them or so sitting right behind me taking up a whole row almost. They did what I do, buy the flubbie series and a few select other games that mean something (Yankees, other NL teams, etc.) Now they will have to pay more for the privledge, while the die hard fans aren't really getting hit that hard because most of them will go to a couple of other games in addition to the sox-7 - like you did last year.

Well said. But one of my beefs is the UD - I avoid it if possible. The looooong walk down at a 2 degree decline is horrible too. As far as the cubbie series, I have little desire to attend this year since the Sox look bad and the Cubs look good - I don't need to sit through that. I won't be able to attend opening day for the first time in 4 years so that's out too. If anything, I'll be a walk-up fan this year, go when I feel like it, when the Sox are hot or the weather is nice, or it's a half priced game. I just can't justify rewarding JR with the little money I have when it could be used on those huge blocks of ice for my balls. Since my balls are huge, that's like over $100 on ice alone. :?:

voodoochile
01-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Well said. But one of my beefs is the UD - I avoid it if possible. The looooong walk down at a 2 degree decline is horrible too. As far as the cubbie series, I have little desire to attend this year since the Sox look bad and the Cubs look good - I don't need to sit through that. I won't be able to attend opening day for the first time in 4 years so that's out too. If anything, I'll be a walk-up fan this year, go when I feel like it, when the Sox are hot or the weather is nice, or it's a half priced game. I just can't justify rewarding JR with the little money I have when it could be used on those huge blocks of ice for my balls. Since my balls are huge, that's like over $100 on ice alone. :?:

Dude... TMI... :D:

ewokpelts
01-26-2004, 11:27 PM
...most of the promotions that helped fans on a budget are coming back..if we can get the granton books back too, even better....if you wanna yak about attendance or how bad the ud is...be my guest...but my biggest concern was that these programs would have gone the way of the dodo....even if we only have the platypus of promos(sox 9...sans alliteration)...it's better than the flubs....thier season ticket holders DONT get a discount.
Gene

soxnut
01-26-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
No, it's still here. Sox Suck has replaced Sox Seven.

Upper Deck seats suck. Every damn upper deck seat sucks. In one aspect you may be close to the field, but you're still 60 feet above the earth - not good for ball perception/flight.

In one offseason the Sox have taken away every price advantage for smart shoppers: half-priced Mondays reduced to four (and only two different teams in those four games); now charge more for weekend seats than weekday; raised the Sox-7 to Sox-9. Did the Sox raise parking prices too?

Sox management sucks. Sox players suck. Sox prices suck. Sox payroll sucks. I was a 2003 Sox-7 owner who went to at least 11 games last season. After this slap to the face, followed by backhand to the other cheek, followed by a knee to the balls, I'm on the Hanger18 bandwagon and boycotting these flubs.

The Sox should have either rebuilt or reloaded this past offseason. This standing pat BS is, well, BS. I don't want to sit miles away from the field, I don't want to pay high prices to sit close, but above all, I don't want to watch a bunch of losers. Sox Suck.


I really need to find a picture of a baby crying to post around here...............

CubKilla
01-27-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
I really need to find a picture of a baby crying to post around here...............

And we need to find a picture of a tool for the other posters with their hand's over their eyes, ears, and lips.

The only real beef I have with the "Sox 9" is that if I were to purchase it in '04, I'd be subjected to watching 2 more inferior product games..... unless everyone here that's not a season ticket holder gets the "Sox 9" for games in April and May only and we can show JR we are committed to the White Sox and he'll make some deals in June and July.