PDA

View Full Version : Greg Maddux prediction

gosox41
01-25-2004, 08:41 AM
I predict the Cubs will sign Greg Maddux and announce the signing this Friday about 3:00 pm so it has ample time to hit all the news stations and push the Sox out of whatever limelight they would have been in last weekend into complete darkness.

Bob

Brian26
01-25-2004, 11:18 AM
To be honest, I doubt Soxfest would get that much media attention anyway on the major newscasts. I'm sure Fox Sports Chicago will cut to it for some highlights, but that's about it.

voodoochile
01-25-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
To be honest, I doubt Soxfest would get that much media attention anyway on the major newscasts. I'm sure Fox Sports Chicago will cut to it for some highlights, but that's about it.

:giangreco
"The backup TE for the Panthers has a bruise on the big toe of his right foot and may not be able to warm up effectively on Sunday. This in turn might hamper the Panthers ability to run trap draws on 2nd and 6 or longer. Coach Fox predicted everything would be okay and warned other players to be careful walking back and forth to the mini-bars late at night with the lights out. 'They aren't used to their rooms and the furniture seems to jump out at you in the dark. I expect more stubbed toes before Sunday unless we are really really lucky' said Fox."

(cut to empty shot of blue seats)

"In other news, the Sox had their smallest crowd ever for Soxfext this weekend, but I don't really care, because I am in Houston and I'm looking for Roger Clemens so I can kick his ass. Hey, another shot of tequila over here."

(Cut to shot of Sears Tower with cracked ABC logo and the words "Technical Difficulties: Please Stand By")

(Giangreco in the background)

"There he is. That's that slimy M(bleeep) F(bleeep) who signed with the enemy. You hate my flubbies, don't you Rocket? Come on. It's go time..."