01-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by soxfan26
Over.

Call me an optomist, but I say 82.

with the division the way it is, id say that 82 should be enough to win it! :D:

soxwon
01-24-2004, 04:58 PM
WELL OVER 88-90
IM PREDICTING THIS TEAM WILL BE EXCELLENT, WHEN PEOPLE THINK WE WILL SUCK WE ALLWAYS , EXCEED EXPECTATIONS, DONT CALL ME CRAZY WE WILL WIN 88

habibharu
01-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
WELL OVER 88-90
IM PREDICTING THIS TEAM WILL BE EXCELLENT, WHEN PEOPLE THINK WE WILL SUCK WE ALLWAYS , EXCEED EXPECTATIONS, DONT CALL ME CRAZY WE WILL WIN 88

let me correct that for you soxwon: WELL OVER 88-90 IM PREDICTING THIS TEAM WILL BE EXCELLENT, WHEN PEOPLE THINK WE WILL SUCK WE ALLWAYS , EXCEED EXPECTATIONS, DONT CALL ME CRAZY WE WILL WIN 88

soxfan26
01-24-2004, 05:00 PM
WELL OVER 88-90

Your Crazy.

habibharu
01-24-2004, 05:01 PM
WELL OVER 88-90
is this better:

soxwon
01-24-2004, 05:03 PM
get off the small vs large type, it doesnt matter!!!
i like large type- there is no politically correct in the internet.
slang misspelling it DOESNT MATTER.
lets just worry baseball not TYPE

serena
01-24-2004, 05:04 PM
I'll go over & 82 wins.

KW will pull a serviceable starter out of a hat; PK will bounce back; KC is over-rated; and the under is just too darn depressing for me to think about in late January.

habibharu
01-24-2004, 05:04 PM
get off the small vs large type, it doesnt matter!!!
i like large type- there is no politically correct in the internet.
slang misspelling it DOESNT MATTER.
lets just worry baseball not TYPE

my point was that what soxwon said should be in pink. 88+? pipedream

habibharu
01-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by serena
I'll go over & 82 wins.

KW will pull a serviceable starter out of a hat; PK will bounce back; KC is over-rated; and the under is just too darn depressing for me to think about in late January.

there really isnt any starters left excpet maddux

chisoxmike
01-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Somewhere in the 80-win catagory, no playoffs. Sorry guys. :(:

I DO think, however, if the core of the team is together for the next two-three years I can see us in the playoffs again.

hillbilly
01-24-2004, 05:23 PM
Over, we will be fine. Baseball is one crazy sport and no team in this division wow's me. Weve seen surprises before and theres not gonna be a better one then the sox in the playoffs. Count on that. booya baby :gulp:

RichFitztightly
01-24-2004, 05:40 PM
WELL OVER 88-90

I'm behind this statement. No teal, no pink, just some good 'ol positive thinking and a goal to shoot for when I'm rooting for them. :D:

pearso66
01-24-2004, 05:55 PM
I see no reason to put soxwon's post in pink or teal. I think this team very well could win 88-90 games. its more likely they win 80-82, but 88 isnt out of the question. I'm not ready to give up on them yet.

SouthBendSox
01-24-2004, 05:59 PM

royals win central

soxwon
01-24-2004, 06:07 PM
sorry about that- its just that others get on me for bold type, im sorry.
lets talk sox

MRKARNO
01-24-2004, 06:24 PM
I'm an optimist. Dont call me crazy, but based on the pythagorean standings, we should have won about 91 games last year. So lets use that as a starting base. While we did lose Gordon, Sullivan, Graffanino, Everett, Alomar and Colon, the truth is that we had sullivan for only about 2 months, so I dont even think his lost will cost us a game. Graf was helpful and the downgrade to Uribe is about a game. Alomar/Jimenez to Harris is about a 2 game difference. Everett/platoon to Rowand is only one game down in my books because Rowand's performance was so good after his callup, that I think he will be a legitimate offensive force next year. And besides, we will supposedly have stability in center field this year and an injury free Rowand, which certainly helps his cause. Gordon wasnt really as good as everyone says, especially in the beginning of the year, but he was pretty good in some situations. Still I would give an even edge to Mr. Zero. Colon to Schoenweis (I guess) isn't gonna be that huge. Maybe 3 games because Colon was not all that great last year, but he did have a lot of innings and schoenweis does have the potential to be absolutely awful. But KW sees something in him, just like he did in Loaiza and Marte and Gordon.

That puts us at 85 wins, one less than our actual total from last year. But there are a few more factors. Loaiza's decline will be offset by Buehrle's improvement. Garland will be more consistant in my guess (+1 game). The 5th starter situation was so awful last year, but I predict it will not be as bad, resulting in a 2-3 game improvement. I really think that our 5th starter situation was one of the major reasons we lost the division. Konerko can't be that bad again (+1 game). Crede and Olivo will be better (+1 game combined). Lee and Thomas will slightly decline (-1 game combined), but Maggs will improve (+ 1 game).

So what is my guess? 90-91 wins. I really believe in that talent that this team has after the departure of those Free Agents. The White Sox, despite making very few moves, are still going to be a legitamite force in the American League next year. I understand that people are really down on them because they didnt do anything. The fact is that if we are in contention, management will acquire players via trade to make our team a better one. They did it last year, so there is reason to believe that they would in '04. Have faith my fellow sox fans, though it is hard. Playoffs in 2004!

doctor30th
01-24-2004, 06:35 PM
I'm feeling 86-90 victories.

soxnut
01-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by hillbilly
Over, we will be fine. Baseball is one crazy sport and no team in this division wow's me. Weve seen surprises before and theres not gonna be a better one then the sox in the playoffs. Count on that. booya baby :gulp:

I think you're on the right track there man........... :D:

poorme
01-24-2004, 09:10 PM

CWSGuy406
01-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Looking at our schedule, at least we get New York out of the way early. Six quick ones with KC can help us get off on the right foot. We get Tampa Bay early, too. I feel the main reason we lost the division last year was because of our awful play against teams like Detroit and Tampa Bay, we need to take four or five against Tampa.

For the whole year, though, I think 82-86 wins is reasonable. We get the NL East this year for interleague play. That sucks, but oh well.

duke of dorwood
01-24-2004, 09:26 PM
75-only if we break even in our division. The other divisions might dominate this team

doublem23
01-24-2004, 09:31 PM
76?

You're insane.

gogosoxgogo
01-24-2004, 10:00 PM
I would set the over/under at mediocre 81. Though this team does suck, you have to keep in mind how many of our games are going to be against such a crappy division. I take over on 76 and just over 81.

RKMeibalane
01-24-2004, 10:22 PM
84 wins. That seems about right for this bunch.

soxwon
01-24-2004, 10:22 PM
in sept the whitesox play
oak-sea-tex-ana-minn-det-minn-kc-det-kc
15 home
interleague-phil-atl-fla-mtl-cubs-cubs

minn plays
tex-kc-balt-det-wsox-balt-wsox-clev-nyy-clev
14 home games
interleague-nym-phil-mtl-mlw-mlw-ariz

kc plays
det-minn-det-tb-nyy-cle-tb-wsox-clev-wsox
14home
interleague- mtl-nym-atl-phil-sl-sd

looks like kc has easier schedule
but kc-minn play nyy we dont
we have the harder interleague

RKMeibalane
01-24-2004, 10:29 PM
Why is Minnesota playing Arizona? And why is KC playing San Diego?

doublem23
01-25-2004, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Why is Minnesota playing Arizona? And why is KC playing San Diego?

Uneven number of NL and AL teams means some have to have goofy travels?

Rex Hudler
01-25-2004, 05:25 AM
I voted over, being optimistic. I have said many times recently that early in the season will be key for this team. I really feel that if they play decent to well in the first month, they have a good possibility to gel and be a much better team than most expect, which in my mind would get them to that 88-92 win range.

On the flip side, if this team struggles early, I can see the makeup for complete self destruction and 75 wins will be tough.

I think this team could go either way.

hose
01-25-2004, 07:11 AM
85 wins for the beloved.

If they get off to a fast start Reinsy might be willing to add on around the All-Star break, then it could be 90+

:reinsy
Add on ? BWAAAAAHAHAHA

idseer
01-25-2004, 09:06 AM
WELL OVER 88-90

i think you're right ... about this:
"WHEN PEOPLE THINK WE WILL SUCK WE ALLWAYS , EXCEED EXPECTATIONS"

HITMEN OF 77
01-25-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm guessing 90-92 wins. This team can compete with anyone in the AL, if the players play to there potential this year.

beckett21
01-25-2004, 01:46 PM
Until I see what happens with the pitching and some other key areas, this looks like a .500 ballclub to me--81 wins. That is subject to change, but for now I see us no more than average. Whoopee!

Just in case someone wants to say I am contradicting myself, I did say in another thread that we SHOULD win our division because it is the weakest in baseball, or else we should be ashamed. Note the emphasis on SHOULD--doesn't mean we WILL, but geez we should. I still think we can improve, and maybe some surprises are in store--I hope so.

SoxxoS
01-25-2004, 01:49 PM
I think Ozzie will give us 5-10 wins by just not being Manuel...but we lost Colon and Everett...so that about cancels out. However, I think we will be in the thick of things come late June, so KW will makes some moves and take us to 86 wins this year.

hillbilly
01-25-2004, 01:57 PM
i feel somewhere between 70-90 wins. Call me crazy :D:

Palehose13
01-25-2004, 02:49 PM
76? This makes it easy. A tough over/under would have been 85. I think many people think this team will be at least .500, some think better. I am one of those people. I think we'll win 88, and possibly the division. It will be a close race.