PDA

View Full Version : Bush Knows Who The White Sox Are...

chisoxmike
01-24-2004, 12:28 PM
...or at least his speech writers do! :cool:

This was taken from an article on mlb.com about the Marlins visit to the White House stating what President Bush said about Guillen's hire as White Sox manager.

"He wished Guillen luck in his first stint as a Major League manager and said the always-aimable former player is now "in a position to bring a world championship back to Chicago.""

SEALgep
01-24-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike

This was taken from an article on mlb.com about the Marlins visit to the White House stating what President Bush said about Guillen's hire as White Sox manager.

"He wished Guillen luck in his first stint as a Major League manager and said the always-aimable former player is now "in a position to bring a world championship back to Chicago.""

I like it. I don't want to bring politics into a Sox discussion because I think it will divide us fans to some degree, but I do like him, and I respect those comments. Also maybe unpopular, but I think it would be cool if he became our new owner some day. I wonder how realistic it is for him to own any ball club again after his presidency?

chisoxmike
01-24-2004, 12:32 PM
He'd probably want the Astros, or Rangers. "Don't mess with Texas"

whitesoxwilkes
01-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I like it. I don't want to bring politics into a Sox discussion because I think it will divide us fans to some degree, but I do like him, and I respect those comments. Also maybe unpopular, but I think it would be cool if he became our new owner some day. I wonder how realistic it is for him to own any ball club again after his presidency?

I think it's more likely that he'll end up commissioner of baseball.

Hangar18
01-24-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike

Any Chance we can find That QUOTE and download it here as a SoundByte ?? I think its Cool that George DubbYa
knows a Championship is coming for the White Sox (still dont know how to use the teal here)

SEALgep
01-24-2004, 12:53 PM
That would be cool as well. He definitely would be better than Selig. I could see that happening for real.

Hangar18
01-24-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes

Say.......Once hes commissioner, he could call for a
Regime Change on the South Side. Wait a second ....
thats the Party Platform of the Hangar/Wilkes Campaign isnt it?

doublem23
01-24-2004, 01:23 PM

If George W. Bush bought the team and got us a world championship, I'd be cool with it. There's no political division in baseball. Just winners and losers.

ewokpelts
01-24-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Say.......Once hes commissioner, he could call for a
Regime Change on the South Side. Wait a second ....
thats the Party Platform of the Hangar/Wilkes Campaign isnt it?

as long as we dont have marines bombing the churros stands...i'm ok with bush ordering a regime change
Gene

p.s. I may not like him, or his politics, but he does know how to milk his presidency(by inviting ALL living HOFers to the White House, and getting them to sign stuff for him.)

SEALgep
01-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by soxfan26
God Help us. He belongs in a jail cell.

Lol, you're crazy, this is exactly why politics needs to saty away from the forum.

vegyrex
01-24-2004, 04:40 PM
I wonder how realistic it is for him to own any ball club again after his presidency?

I hope Bush gets to do whatever he wants.....

Once he's voted out of office this November. :D:

soxnut
01-24-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by vegyrex
I hope Bush gets to do whatever he wants.....

Once he's voted out of office this November. :D:

Can somebody please either delete this post or this thread before this gets ugly???????????

chisoxmike
01-24-2004, 04:53 PM
I never meant this thread to be a pro/anti Bush one, just wanted to point out a White Sox reference in a Presidential Speech.

DrCrawdad
01-24-2004, 05:13 PM

I don't doubt at all that Dubya knew about Guillen getting the Sox managing job. From all that I've heard and read about Dubya, I don't doubt at all the sincerity of his interest and love of baseball.

Dubya would probably be a fine commissioner of baseball. It would be great to have a commissioner who's got love for the game and isn't an current owner. I know, I know Selig supposedly divested himself of ownership, by giving it to his daughter.

CLR01
01-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Any Chance we can find That QUOTE and download it here as a SoundByte ?? I think its Cool that George DubbYa
knows a Championship is coming for the White Sox (still dont know how to use the teal here)

MAke sure your cousin knows of this comment.

Originally posted by soxfan26

Your absolutely right. I hope they delete that post. I worked midnights last night and I just can't seem to get to sleep today.
I'm just tired and grumpy.

You can delete your own post as long as it is not the first post in a thread. Just click the edit button and at the top of the page there will be an option to delete.

Originally posted by soxnut

Can somebody please either delete this post or this thread before this gets ugly???????????

It's not there yet but when it gets there it will be moved.

Dadawg_77
01-24-2004, 06:15 PM

Great from pud to dush. The end of baseball.

LongLiveFisk
01-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
p.s. I may not like him, or his politics, but he does know how to milk his presidency(by inviting ALL living HOFers to the White House, and getting them to sign stuff for him.)

Really? Guess I'm not keeping up on anything remotely political these days. When did this happen?

RKMeibalane
01-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Is there any way Bush can get Reinsdorf deported? That would solve a lot of the Sox problems.

white sox bill
01-25-2004, 10:35 AM
Back to the city of Chicago?
Bush probably thought he was talking about the flubs

RKMeibalane
01-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by white sox bill
Back to the city of Chicago?
Bush probably thought he was talking about the flubs

Not even Bush is that stupid.

Brian26
01-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Bush knows a little bit about baseball, but we'll never have another commissioner as good as A. Bartlett Giamatti.