PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stories

SEALgep
01-24-2004, 11:04 AM
I thought it would be fun to see evrybody's funny experiences at any ballpark.

I was at Wrigley (don't hate me) with my buddy during an interleague game against the Rangers a couple years back. Herbert Perry got beaned in the hand, and immediately tried to shake it off. The umpire didn't see it and did not award him first base. He was all upset, and started walking around. The trainer came out and was looking at it. It became all quiet, because all the Cubs fans were concerned (lol). (I like Herbert Perry, especially because he was an ex-Sox, but this is funny regardless) My buddy and I took advantage of the silence and sitting so close on the third base side near homeplate. My buddy yells out, " Herbert, you p***y." It got his attention, he looked in our direction with a pissed off look. It was the best. He ended up hitting a triple. So he ended up not being a p***y, but I thought it was funny nonetheless. I like getting their attention, cause they usually just ignore you. I guess he couldn't ignore that though, lol.

chisoxmike
01-24-2004, 11:31 AM
I was at the Sox/Cubs game on 6/27/03 when Valentin hit the walk off home run. When we were leaving, everybody was giving high fives, cheering, and being loud. A Cubs fan ran up to me and wanted to beat me up. He said "Where are your fans now pu**y?" He got in my face, and my friend ran up to him and she yelled "Get your hands off him a**hole!" Our crack security squad saw what was happen and detained the Cubs fan...natually.

SEALgep
01-24-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
I was at the Sox/Cubs game on 6/27/03 when Valentin hit the walk off home run. When we were leaving, everybody was giving high fives, cheering, and being loud. A Cubs fan ran up to me and wanted to beat me up. He said "Where are your fans now pu**y?" He got in my face, and my friend ran up to him and she yelled "Get your hands off him a**hole!" Our crack security squad saw what was happen and detained the Cubs fan...natually.

Lol, he got what he deserved.

I got detained at a Cubs game. Game 3 against Atlanta with Prior on the mound. (I'm really a Sox fan, but my funny stories end up being there for some reason, lol) I was incapacitated, and was slapping everyone high fives after the game in the streets. One old guy doesn't give me a high five. I'm like come on buddy, and he tells me to f*** off. (He wasn't even a Braves fan.) I'm like no f*** you. He's like you got a problem, and I'm like ya. (This guy is 60 years old, but a big guy- nonetheless I'm being an idiot and should have just walked away- however my state of mind does not allow me to do this.) He's like, you look like the guy who threw mustard on my friend. I'm like ya, it was me (even though it wasn't, I was just pissed.) After a few more exchanges I see his buddy, and he is drenched with mustard. I couldn't believe it, it was so funny. They had grabbed a cop, and the cop automatically detained me. A bunch of cops come over and start harrassing me. "Why did you throw mustard on this guy, we know it was you, why did you do it? (angry tones). I repeated it wasn't me, and my attitude quickly changed to a cooperative state, lol. They searched me up and down, went through my wallet, and saw I had a FOID card (Firearms Identification Card). They are like you gotta a gun on you? (angry the whole time, they don't mess around in Chicago, but these guys are trying to get me to crack me or something.) I asked them to check their stubs and mine, and that I had sat in the bleacher section, so unless they did as well, it couldn't have been me. "Where are you from?" I said Skokie, and they said I hate people from Skokie, why don't you just stay where you belong. I had to smirk from that, partly because it was funny and also it confirmed they had nothing. They ended up letting me go, but the experience was funny to say the least. I think the mustard guy was pissed they let me go, but it honestly wasn't me. Lol, good times.

southsidegirl
01-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Has anybody ever been at that little restaurant outside of the Cell that is really small and has picnic tables outside? I was there with a friend any my family eating french fries when Ronnie Woo-Woo shows up and starts screaming "Cubs Woo Win Woo". I yell, "GO BACK TO THE NORTHSIDE!" and he turns and says "I still love ya babe!"

Later that night, we were sitting by the right field foul pole and we were trying to get Magg's attention. This one guy started making fun of us and he would stand up and yell "HEY MAGGLIO!" and lift his shirt up.

It was funny.

Hangar18
01-24-2004, 12:14 PM
A bunch of us drove to KC this past summer, and after the Sox beat the tar out of them, and Swept Them, we HiFived with a ton of other SOX Fans that were at the game too. I opened
the SunRoof in my car, and put my Giant Flagpole/3'x5' Sox Flag
out of the window, and we drove around the Royals Stadium Parking Lot and the Arrowhead Stadium parking lot, honking the horn, yelling Go Sox, other sox fans honking their horns, Royals fans giving us the finger, booing us. We got on to I-70
to head back to the Hotel, and the Flag Blew Off!! oh well,
but it got Good Use down there

beckett21
01-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
Has anybody ever been at that little restaurant outside of the Cell that is really small and has picnic tables outside? I was there with a friend any my family eating french fries when Ronnie Woo-Woo shows up and starts screaming "Cubs Woo Win Woo". I yell, "GO BACK TO THE NORTHSIDE!" and he turns and says "I still love ya babe!"

:woo-woo

"It's ok, I still love ya babe!"

ZachAL
01-25-2004, 02:28 AM
I was at the Rangers game during the 2002 season with some friends, we were sitting about 2nd row on the First Base line near homeplate. Anyways everytime A-Rod would go back to the visitors dugout I would take out money and start waving it at him and taunt him along with my friends. Little did we know A-Rod's dad (it's not his real dad, more his father figure his whole life and the guy he considers his dad) was sitting right next to us along with his fiance. To make a long story short I got into a big verbal fight with A-Rod's dad only later to find out who he was.

On another note one game in the 2002 season I was sitting first row, first base side and Dhuram accidentally threw his bat into the stands. I wasnt paying attention and the bat ended up flying into and hitting me, then falling into the aisle and someone else got it.

doublem23
01-25-2004, 03:43 AM
I was at a game two years ago against the Royals and my friends and I had been tailgating and just having a good time. Anyways, we got the bright idea to heckle Chuck Knoblauch, so we forced one of the girls with us to give us her lipstick and we wrote, "CHUCK SUX" on our chests. That was great. But then afterward, some crazy, drunken Iowan came up to us and tried to talk us into running onto the field. We thought we had set him straight, but all of a sudden he just hopped over the wall and ran onto center field. Later, we got thrown out of the park, too, and my friend said he saw him in the holding tank as they walked past.

And yes, the Chicago phone directory was out. :smile:

Champs2004
01-25-2004, 07:56 AM
One time in 2001 v. the indians, me and a bunch of fans were chanting "Cleveland sucks" repeatedly. i come to find out that there's a little kid sittin next to me with an indians baseball uniform, and i said to myself: damn, what in god's name have i done!

another time in 2003 v. the tigers (1st game back after the All-Star Game) The whole park's lighting went out during a rainstorm and the first pitch wasn't until 10:12 pm and it was supposed to start at 7:05

chisoxmike
01-25-2004, 12:38 PM
I remember that game, we alomost won that one. Did you stay until 1:30?

SaltyPretzel
01-25-2004, 12:41 PM
I went to the Sox/Cubs game a few years back when the Sox came back from being down 8-0. Before the game, I went to Jimbo's with a few friends. I ran into hockey hall-of-famer Denis Savard. We talked for about ten minutes. He was really cool. I didn't want to bother him too much, so I said bye. He said, "By the way, I'm Denis." No duh. I told then told him my name and then went to the game.

The Sox were getting killed, so we went to the bullpen bar to do some shots to kill the pain. Then the Sox rallied, so we went to the right field concorse. Then Konerko hit the home run to take the lead. Everyone went nuts. Then I heard someone screaming my name. I turned around, and it was Denis Savard running up to me go give me a high five. That was sooooo cool! :smile:

HITMEN OF 77
01-25-2004, 12:42 PM
I know when I listen to the games on my computer on ESPN 1000, it seams to me there are 1 or 2 guys that sit right below or by the radio booth. They are always yelling random crap out but its funny. Anyone else hear these guys?

AOEllis
01-25-2004, 03:17 PM
July 30, 1994, 1st innings, Frank Thomas hits a Home run in the right field bullpen. THis was still the time that there was a good distance between the fence and the stands. Some guy tried to lean over and catch the ball, but in doing so lost his balance and fell 10 ft. down into the gap and landed right on his back. Luckily he was okay, but had to be taken away on a stretcher.

At the futures game last summer I was on the centerfield patio area eating my slice of Connies Pizza when Ronnie Woo Woo came by to make an ass of himself again. Some little skinny, dorky looking guy grabs his wife's purse and GIVES THE PURSE TO RONNIE TO SIGN. Ronnie autographs the purse and gives it back to the guy. A few minutes later the wife returns. Why this guy married her I do not know. She was basically a biker chick with a butch hair cut, some lady that would probably kick any Cub fan's ass. She sees her purse has some illegible scribbling on it and asks, "What in the hell is that?" "I had Ronnie Woo Woo Autograph your purse." "WHO IS RONNIE WOO WOO?? A DRUNK CUB FAN?? YOU ARE BUYING ME THE MOST EXPENSIVE PURSE I CAN FIND!!"

And the best one for last---- My soph year in HS Was the 2000 season. I had to miss school that day to see game one of the ALDS. WHile I was signing out, I was debating wheter or not to tell the real reason I was missing school, so I just wrote sick. I mean, how are they going to find out? Well I get to the game, and 20 minutes after I sit down, the fans who own the seats next to me arrived. Low and Behold, it was THE DEAN of my high school and the Assistant Principal in charge of student activies, the men who could suspend me from both school and football. I introduced myself to them anyways and they ended up not caring that I lied on the signout sheet. We were all White Sox fans and that's all that mattered. Only of Magglio would've gotten a single in the bottom of the ninth with bases loaded the whole series could have turned out differently.

chisoxmike
01-25-2004, 03:48 PM
HOLY ****... I was at that game too when the guy fell when Frank hit the home run!

beckett21
01-25-2004, 04:44 PM
This was back in the late '80's, '86 or '87 I believe. We were sitting out in left centerfield, first row. I was riding Chili Davis all game, basically screaming at him on every play. He totally ignored me until the end of the game, when he made a nice play. I believe it was a putout at second base. Whatever, it's not important. Anyway, he turns around, stares right at me, holds his glove up and gives me the middle finger. He had a big 'ol smile on his face--I always liked him after that! :D:

My best memories have to include seeing the Sox beat the Angels 13-0 in September 1983 behind a Britt Burns one hitter (gave up the hit in the 7th inning). There were back-to-back-to-back homers that game also, IIRC Kemp, Bull and Kittle but I am not sure. I wrote it on the ticket stub, which I have somewhere. But my favorite moment was when my dad caught a foul ball in BP off the bat of Larry Parrish, just outside the left-field foul pole in Old Comiskey. He got a standing O. I have the ball on my desk, one of these days I plan to go to a Toledo MudHens game and have Parrish sign the ball. :D:

Eddie Gaedel
01-26-2004, 09:58 AM
it was a sox/indians game in 2000. i was sitting in rt field close enough for manny ramirez to hear me. a fly ball was hit between right and center. manny and the center fielder (i can't remember who it was) both went to catch it. nobody called it. both stopped short and let it fall between them. the rest of the game i was yelling "hey manny, i got it...no, i got it!". it got a few laughs from the crowd. after the game i was leaving the bullpen bar and got stopped at the exit. security were letting manny and r. alomar walk by. i guess the were going to the team bus. i sarted yelling again "hey manny, i got it...no, i got it!". manny stopped turned aroung and started walking towards me. alomar grabbed his arm shook his head and convinced manny to walk away. all i could do was let out a nervous chuckle.

Jerko
01-26-2004, 10:07 AM
I was at Old Comiskey and one of my friends was an Andy Frain there. He was acting like a hard guy with his little uniform and hat on. During batting practice he was not paying attention and got beaned in the bill of the cap with a home run and his hat went flying about 3 rows back. Hilarious. Then there was one time when a fight broke out and another andy frain, who looked like "Wormser" from Revenge of the Nerds, came flying down the aisle to break it up, and he was running on some seats and the seat folded up on him and he fell down about 10 feet short of the fight. He DID break up the fight though because the 2 guys involved were laughing so hard at this little tiny guy who could not even make it to the fight, let alone stop it.

soxruleEP
01-26-2004, 01:41 PM
Eddie Gaedel and I were at a SCubs/Sox game a couple years ago when an obviously overserved Cub fan was using an airhorn. We prevailed upon the Sox redcoat to confiscate the horn. He did so and a few moments later the SCub fan cam flying over the seats, tumbling toward the edge of the upper deck.

Blood was streaming down his face from a cut on his forehead. He righted himself and headed back toward his seat.

Soon afterward the security guys appeared and they dragged him away in cuffs. He was screaming over and over: "They're only doing this because I'm Cub fan."

Iwritecode
01-26-2004, 01:55 PM
The best I can come up with was when I went to a Cubs/Sox "double-header" in September of 2000.

I went and watched the Sox during the day and then drove up to Wrigley for a night game. Of course when we walked into the stadium my wife and I were both wearing Sox jerseys, hats and coats.

Amazingly the only person that said anything to us was one guy that was sitting a couple of rows in front of us. He turned around and looked and said "It must be laundry day." We explained what we were doing and and just said "oh, that's cool."

Then a few minutes later I watched a guy break a couple of his fingers (literally) trying to barehand a BP homerun. He didn't even get to see the game.

Not all that funny, sorry... :smile:

mike squires
01-26-2004, 02:03 PM
It was a Cub fan that broke his fingers...right? Hilarious.

SSN721
01-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
I remember that game, we alomost won that one. Did you stay until 1:30?

I was at that game too. One of the few games last year I was able to obtain club level seats, very fortunate to get them that night, my buddy and I kept going out every half hour when the rain would stop and wipe off the seats and sit til the rain started again. I think we went to the seats 5 or 6 times doing that, must have gone through a carton of napkins. Unfortunately I start work at 6 in the morning and have to get up at 5, so we left around midnight and missed the almost amazing rally in the ninth. What a heart breaker, kinda glad I wasn't there to have my hopes shattered. :(:

PINWHEELS
01-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel
I went to the Sox/Cubs game a few years back when the Sox came back from being down 8-0. Before the game, I went to Jimbo's with a few friends. I ran into hockey hall-of-famer Denis Savard. We talked for about ten minutes. He was really cool. I didn't want to bother him too much, so I said bye. He said, "By the way, I'm Denis." No duh. I told then told him my name and then went to the game.

The Sox were getting killed, so we went to the bullpen bar to do some shots to kill the pain. Then the Sox rallied, so we went to the right field concorse. Then Konerko hit the home run to take the lead. Everyone went nuts. Then I heard someone screaming my name. I turned around, and it was Denis Savard running up to me go give me a high five. That was sooooo cool! :smile: That was the greatest game i have ever been to in my life. Just to see the faces of those cub fans was priceless. i just could not beleve it! AWESOME..........

thecell
01-26-2004, 04:16 PM
I think I have the best story ever...this has never and will not happen to anyone again...

I have season tickets in section 111, first row. I was a game in May of 2002 and it was a bit chilly out that evening. I went to the game with the ex. She was complaining about how cold it was and wanted to go to the Bullpen bar. She was on a ticket and I told her to go down there and see if she can get in and to call me when she found out. That way my lazy ass wouldn't have to walk down there for nothing.

So anyway, I'm sitting in my seat watching the Rangers take BP while drinking a tasty Miller Lite...mmm, beer... Their starting pitcher came out to right field with the catcher to play long toss to loosen up. The catcher was about 20 feet in front of me. As I'm sitting there watching, my phone rang. It was my girlfriend telling me that she got in and to meet her. While I was talking to her, the catcher apparently missed the ball and it ended up hitting me and shattering my phone to pieces. I stood there in disbelief as the catcher came over and asked for the ball back because he didn't want to go back to the bullpen to get another one. He didn't even ask how I was! I told him to go screw himself and I kept the ball.

At this point I'm in shock of what just happened. I was sitting there looking at the pieces of my phone on the ground and in my hand. I was glad that it was 2 inches to the right because I would have had a broken nose for the wedding I was standing up in that weekend. As I sat there in total disbelief I heard a loud bang on a seat behind me and then feltsomething hit me in the back of the head. It was another freakin ball! This dumb ass threw another ball that went over me, hit the seat behind me and then the back of my head. I'm fuming now and started yelling at the players. They didn't even come over near me and just went into the bullpen.

A few seconds later I decided to go tell someone what happened before I got struck by lightening or something. I went to guest relations booth and explained what happened. They told me to send them the bill and they would reimburse...which they promptly did. Anyway, it's a story that I will never forget.

southsidegirl
01-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Wow! I would've chucked it right back at him.

Hangar18
01-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Cell man, I remember you telling me that story, I forgot how funny that was ....... heh heh

LoveTheSox
01-26-2004, 11:59 PM
My friends and I always try to sit 3rd base side LD near Carlos Lee. Why? Well, we formed an attachment to that area of the ballpark the first game we attended there together (we don't get to the cell much). Anyway, it was Sept of 2002, and my friend (and fellow WSI member i luv jgarland) and I were sitting in front of some really funny people. The two girls didn't seem to know a lot about baseball, or the White Sox for that matter, but managed to yell the best phrases at Carlos Lee i.e. "hunker down" and "way to back it up" at the most inopportune moments. We've adopted those as our own and frequently use them (always ending up in fits of laughter) when we go to the games. I know...you had to be there...it still cracks me up. :D: