PDA

View Full Version : Let's Bring SoxFest to Studio 5

Viva Magglio
01-24-2004, 12:31 AM
Now that NBC 5 is broadcasting its Friday 10:00 p.m. newscast from Studio 5, its streetside studio at 401 North Michigan Avenue, I propose that a regiment of us going to SoxFest and staying at the Hyatt show up outside their studios during the newscast. Despite the despair taking place with our team, it would be a good way for us to demonstrate that we White Sox fans really exist in this town.

If we can organize a group outing to Studio 5, I would be willing to participate provided I don't get too drinky. I don't know exactly what we would do, but one thing I do suggest is that we don't turn our presence into a Cubs-hating demonstration. Instead, we would just show up to promote our team.

Also, NBC 5 has morning newscasts on Saturday morning at 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. Provided we're not occupied with actual SoxFest activities and/or experiencing "after effects" from the night before, we could make our presence there as well.

Hangar18
01-24-2004, 10:58 AM
thats a great idea, but im sure we'll all be too busy drinking
in the bar. Im up for holding a GO SOX sign at 6am on
Saturday though. Or even a REINSDORF MUST GO sign !!!!

whitesoxwilkes
01-24-2004, 11:03 AM
I would be up for that on Saturday AM, seeing as that I live so close. Not going to make any statements against the Reinsdorf regime, just to show my support for the Hose. Bloody Mary brunch afterwards, anyone?

Viva Magglio
01-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Keep in mind that NBC 5's 10:00 newscast Friday night will have much bigger ratings than their Saturday morning newscasts. Even though NBC 5's 10:00 news is No. 2 in the market at 10:00 (but the highest quality newscast per AP award), it will still provide great exposure for us.

:giangreco
"Hey, my station's newscast is No. 1 at 10:00. I don't care if Channel 5 is better than us. We're No. 1, dammit! Just like the beloved Cubbies. Who the hell would want to watch a bunch of drunken, shirtless Sox fans parade themselves on that other station on Michigan Avenue?"

Hangar18
01-24-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
I would be up for that on Saturday AM, seeing as that I live so close. Not going to make any statements against the Reinsdorf regime, just to show my support for the Hose. Bloody Mary brunch afterwards, anyone?

Hey, Im liking this idea more and more. Get on Tv from 6a-7am.
Grab a BloodyMary at 7:30a, then head to the Hyatt at 8am.
Sounds like a plan to me. Who will be the one to have a
GO WHITE SOX sign for the 10pm newscast??

chisoxmike
01-24-2004, 01:09 PM
:army

:giangreco
"HA! Stupid Sox fans. I'll make up a story WITH VIDEO of how you guys rioted and and burned Cubs flags- our only team in town."