PDA

View Full Version : Half Price Monday's

chisoxmike
01-23-2004, 12:15 PM
So, the White Sox are upset that nobody comes to the park, except on half price nights. In responce to that, they put FOUR half price Monday's on their 2004 schedule opposed to the nine we had in 2003. :?: Sounds to me like they know what the outcome of this season is going to be.

CHISOXFAN13
01-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Let's just hope the Pepsi Half-Price Tuesday promotion still exists.....

quade36
01-23-2004, 12:24 PM
maybe they should take a hint.

chisoxfan79
01-23-2004, 12:28 PM
If they take away the half price nights I more than likely will not be at any games at all because that is all that I can afford this year.

TaylorStSox
01-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Now that really pisses me off. My friends and I are regulars on Monday's and Tuesday's because we simply can't afford to go to alot of full price games. Poor college students and such. :angry: :angry: :angry:

mdep524
01-23-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by TaylorStSox
Now that really pisses me off. My friends and I are regulars on Monday's and Tuesday's because we simply can't afford to go to alot of full price games. Poor college students and such. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Ditto. :angry:

Tekijawa
01-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Try being a BAD SALES MAN.. you both are probably better off than I am
:D:

joecrede
01-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Upper deck reserve seats this season will likely be no more than $12 for every weekday game. Half of these UD reserve seats were classified as boxes last season and went for $20.

CubKilla
01-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
Upper deck reserve seats this season will likely be no more than $12 for every weekday game. Half of these UD reserve seats were classified as boxes last season and went for $20.

The huge problem with that is more than a few Sox fans would take advantage of Monday and Tuesday nights to purchase tickets they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. Additionally, alot of people only want to sit in the UD as a last resort.

doublem23
01-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Is it the Sox's fault that they only have a few Monday home games? Are they in charge of the schedule? Or where they just dealt a bad hand?

anewman35
01-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
So, the White Sox are upset that nobody comes to the park, except on half price nights. In responce to that, they put FOUR half price Monday's on their 2004 schedule opposed to the nine we had in 2003. :?: Sounds to me like they know what the outcome of this season is going to be.

I highly doubt that it was the Sox decision to have 4 Monday games (yes, the teams can make some requests, but I doubt that MLB would constuct a whole season's schedule just to make the Sox some money). It's probably just chance.

Anyway, this year the cheapest weekday ticket will only be a few bucks more than the cheapest half price ticket was last year, and it'll be closer to the field. It's still a good deal.

PaleHoseRon
01-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Maybe I am being an optimist, but once the Sox get off to a strong start and are clearly head and shoulders above their competition, and the sCrUBS are clearly not, the fans will rally behind the beloved Sox and pack the house! Or, maybe the being inside with all this snow has clouded my judgment.

doublem23
01-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseRon
Maybe I am being an optimist, but once the Sox get off to a strong start and are clearly head and shoulders above their competition, and the sCrUBS are clearly not, the fans will rally behind the beloved Sox and pack the house! Or, maybe the being inside with all this snow has clouded my judgment.

Couldn't hurt. It would also be nice to get a boost from Mother Nature.

Tekijawa
01-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Couldn't hurt. It would also be nice to get a boost from Mother Nature.

Why so Willie Harris can grow out of his 12 year old body?

ewokpelts
01-23-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by anewman35

Anyway, this year the cheapest weekday ticket will only be a few bucks more than the cheapest half price ticket was last year, and it'll be closer to the field. It's still a good deal.

that's what jerry and galas will tell you....in my opinion...variable pricing sucks...they should've just raised prices across teh board, and not this stoopid $@#$...that way we could still have sox 7
Gene

TaylorStSox
01-23-2004, 03:12 PM
Ok. That clears things up a little. I didn't realize that they had fewer home games. I thought they changed the policy.

joecrede
01-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
The huge problem with that is more than a few Sox fans would take advantage of Monday and Tuesday nights to purchase tickets they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. Additionally, alot of people only want to sit in the UD as a last resort.

$12 to sit in the first 10 rows of the outfield UD any weekday ($6 on Monday) is a really good deal. Much better IMO for example than a bleacher seat last year @ $22 ($11 on Monday.)

E Coast Sox Fan
01-23-2004, 04:11 PM
If the "half price night" promotion sell a lot of tickets, it seems to me that at some point the math would make this more beneficial than selling less tickets. Especially considering all of the extra revenue generated by the additional tickets sold, the extra parking revenue, the extra concessions sales, etc. -- not to mention the extra fan goodwill and better atmosphere for the fans and players of having a full ballpark.

If the math works out that this is beneficial on an economic basis, it seems to me that the Sox management should add more of these games to the schedule.

The important comparison is revenue generated on half price nights vs. full price sales on those nights -- not half price nights vs. full price tickets sold based on consumer behavior with the promotion. Obviously, full price ticket sales are favorable to the management, but if its not going to happen let's live in the real world and find ways to fill the ball park.

Does anyone have any idea what the economics of these nights are?