PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Sox Fans.


PaleHoseRon
01-23-2004, 12:22 PM
I know from reading these boards that there are a number of Sox fans that live in the "land of cheese". My question is, does anyone know how many Sox games are carried on the MLB package through Charter? I would love to be able to watch more games than what is shown on WGN, but I don't want to spend the dough if many of the games are going to blacked out. I have very little desire to watch the Red vs. Pittsburgh all season! I am usually forced to watch on my computer on mlb.com, which is agony in a tight game situation.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Palehose13
01-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseRon
I know from reading these boards that there are a number of Sox fans that live in the "land of cheese". My question is, does anyone know how many Sox games are carried on the MLB package through Charter? I would love to be able to watch more games than what is shown on WGN, but I don't want to spend the dough if many of the games are going to blacked out. I have very little desire to watch the Red vs. Pittsburgh all season! I am usually forced to watch on my computer on mlb.com, which is agony in a tight game situation.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Are you talking about the MLB extra inning package offered on digital cable? I have gotten that the last few years. You get almost all the games. I can only remember one or two times last year when I didn't get the game when I wanted to watch it...usually those are the WCIU games. One thing that is interesting (or can be annoying), is that half the games are broadcasted with the other team's announcers. It can really make you apprecaite Hawk!
Hope this helps!

PaleHoseRon
01-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Hawk-YES! DJ-NO.

Thanks for the reply. Looking at the Charter digital cable site it states, "Get up to 35 out-of-market games a week, from the All-Star Break through the Pennant Race." I am just assuming that they haven't updated their site yet for the upcoming season. I guess they don't think there are people like myself who are "infected" year round with the baseball bug.

Palehose13
01-23-2004, 12:42 PM
The way it works in Milwaukee is that there are 10 channels (880-889) reserved for MLB. All have games during prime baseball hours (6 or 7pm starts) and then they play the west coast games after or any day games before. You really do get almost any game you want unless it is on ESPN or Fox. When I played fantasy I was totally addicted and would keep flipping channels to watch my players. I think it is about $130/season here (3 installments if you want) and for me to be able to see the Sox it was definitely worth it!

PaleHoseRon
01-23-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm sold!! Thanks for the insight.

ewokpelts
01-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
The way it works in Milwaukee is that there are 10 channels (880-889) reserved for MLB. All have games during prime baseball hours (6 or 7pm starts) and then they play the west coast games after or any day games before. You really do get almost any game you want unless it is on ESPN or Fox. When I played fantasy I was totally addicted and would keep flipping channels to watch my players. I think it is about $130/season here (3 installments if you want) and for me to be able to see the Sox it was definitely worth it! I think it retails for 159, but you can get a pre-season price of 140. Sometimes it comes with a free book offer too. I'd get it if I were you. Do you watch brewers games , or are u liek the rest of milwaukee, trying to ignore the shenanigans at miller park?
Gene

PaleHoseRon
01-23-2004, 03:57 PM
Tough to admit, but I do get to quite a few Brewer games a year. It's baseball after all (at least the team playing them!). It's a great park and there are never any problems getting a good parking place (unless the Twinkies or sCrUBS are in town).

Seriously I grew up a Brewer/Sox fan, which means I don't mind a little pain. I think it was fun as a kid to irk everyone by cheering for the Sox. Milwaukee fans hated the Sox because the fans would take over County Stadium when they played the divisional games (like the Twins (interleague) and sCrUBS now), except there's not as many fans. Over time the Sox just took over my allegiance.

Palehose13
01-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
I think it retails for 159, but you can get a pre-season price of 140. Sometimes it comes with a free book offer too. I'd get it if I were you. Do you watch brewers games , or are u liek the rest of milwaukee, trying to ignore the shenanigans at miller park?
Gene
Yeah, I got the preseason package. I thought it was $130 last year, but I could be wrong. I grew up in Chicago and moved to Milwaukee 6 years ago, so no...I don't follow the Brewers. I'll go to Miller Park if someone has an extra ticket or if the Sox are in town (I was at the first unofficial game at Miller Park in 2000 against the Sox0. I am quite upset that now the Brewers are in the NL, otherwise i would be able to catch quite a few Sox games up here!

MarqSox
01-23-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseRon
I know from reading these boards that there are a number of Sox fans that live in the "land of cheese". My question is, does anyone know how many Sox games are carried on the MLB package through Charter? I would love to be able to watch more games than what is shown on WGN, but I don't want to spend the dough if many of the games are going to blacked out. I have very little desire to watch the Red vs. Pittsburgh all season! I am usually forced to watch on my computer on mlb.com, which is agony in a tight game situation.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Oh dude, don't even get me started on all the problems I had with Charter this summer over the Sox on the MLB package.

For some reason, Charter has Watertown identified as being part of the Rockford market. I know, it is asinine. Point is, all Cubs and Sox games were blacked out. ALL OF THEM. I spent more than 4 hours on the phone with various people at Charter. I even talked to the Commissioner's office in NYC to complain. To no avail. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

1951Campbell
01-24-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Oh dude, don't even get me started on all the problems I had with Charter this summer over the Sox on the MLB package.

For some reason, Charter has Watertown identified as being part of the Rockford market. I know, it is asinine. Point is, all Cubs and Sox games were blacked out. ALL OF THEM. I spent more than 4 hours on the phone with various people at Charter. I even talked to the Commissioner's office in NYC to complain. To no avail. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Jesus, will you just move out of Watertown and shack up on the Fashionable East Side and end your misery?

:gulp:

MarqSox
01-24-2004, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
Jesus, will you just move out of Watertown and shack up on the Fashionable East Side and end your misery?

:gulp:
I'm workin on it. Wanna find me a new job? :D:

fquaye149
01-24-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseRon
Tough to admit, but I do get to quite a few Brewer games a year. It's baseball after all (at least the team playing them!). It's a great park and there are never any problems getting a good parking place (unless the Twinkies or sCrUBS are in town).

Seriously I grew up a Brewer/Sox fan, which means I don't mind a little pain. I think it was fun as a kid to irk everyone by cheering for the Sox. Milwaukee fans hated the Sox because the fans would take over County Stadium when they played the divisional games (like the Twins (interleague) and sCrUBS now), except there's not as many fans. Over time the Sox just took over my allegiance.


There's no need to apologize for going to brewer games. Any time you can go to a baseball game, it's worth doing. Even if the only way i could see live baseball was going to wrigley, I'd do it(as long as I didn't have to sit in the bleachers).

Plus the brewers have scott podsednik!....come on, don't worry be happy!

ewokpelts
01-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
There's no need to apologize for going to brewer games. Any time you can go to a baseball game, it's worth doing. Even if the only way i could see live baseball was going to wrigley, I'd do it(as long as I didn't have to sit in the bleachers).

Plus the brewers have scott podsednik!....come on, don't worry be happy!

hey...it could be worse, you could be a brewers season ticketholer.....i was (in 02, for the asg)....and it sucked donkey dink
Gene

harwar
01-24-2004, 01:39 PM
I love the MLB xtra-innings package and i couldn't live without it.I think i missed only a handful of White Sox games all of last year.You do get mostly announcers from the other teams,but to me thats a plus.It is very interesting to get other teams perspectives on the Sox and sometimes its the only way to get the truth as Hawk & DJ are "yes men" to uncle jerry.Also,you get to watch all the baseball that you want and as i'm retired i watch as muchas i can.At least i did last year,i'm not all that fired up this year.

PaleHoseRon
01-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Oh dude, don't even get me started on all the problems I had with Charter this summer over the Sox on the MLB package.

For some reason, Charter has Watertown identified as being part of the Rockford market. I know, it is asinine. Point is, all Cubs and Sox games were blacked out. ALL OF THEM. I spent more than 4 hours on the phone with various people at Charter. I even talked to the Commissioner's office in NYC to complain. To no avail. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'll have to check this out pretty close, seeing as that Madison is closer to Rockford than H2OTown. Thanks for the insight.

MarqSox
01-25-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
Plus the brewers have scott podsednik!....come on, don't worry be happy!
I love Podsednik. If were to buy a non-Sox jersey, it would be his.