PDA

View Full Version : Question

PINWHEELS
01-23-2004, 11:15 AM
For the sox/cubs series up at wrigley, Is there one bar where WSI MEMBERS Meet before or after the games?

chisoxfan79
01-23-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by PINWHEELS
For the sox/cubs series up at wrigley, Is there one bar where WSI MEMBERS Meet before or after the games? How about Sluggers? when I went there last year when the Cubs and Yankees played all of the employees were wearing yankee jerseys. So they must hate the Cubs

kittle42
01-23-2004, 11:21 AM
If the Sox win, you can pretty much meet at any bar. Most Cub fans go home. Seriously.

PINWHEELS
01-23-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfan79
How about Sluggers? when I went there last year when the Cubs and Yankees played all of the employees were wearing yankee jerseys. So they must hate the Cubs Sounds Good To Me!

CubKilla
01-23-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
If the Sox win, you can pretty much meet at any bar. Most Cub fans go home. Seriously.

A couple of years back, me and a few friends went to Hi-Tops after the Sox laid the smackdown on the Cubbies. The place was filled with celebrating Sox fans..... more than I would have expected. So I think kittle is right.

kittle42
01-23-2004, 02:46 PM
I went to about 4 bars on the East side of Clark north of Addison after one of the Sox wins in last year's series and they were all e-m-p-t-y.

PaleHoseRon
01-23-2004, 03:12 PM

IF!!! There is no doubt that the Sox will continue to dominate this series! Let's have some faith.

ewokpelts
01-23-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by PINWHEELS
For the sox/cubs series up at wrigley, Is there one bar where WSI MEMBERS Meet before or after the games?

wrigley field is teh biggest, best bar there
Gene

ode to veeck
01-23-2004, 03:55 PM
why not just get to the HEART of the matter and take over the bleacher bums home bar after the Sox stomp baby bear flesh (right behind the centerfield corner) at Addison and Waveland --used to be called "Bleachers", if my memory serves me right)

kittle42
01-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
why not just get to the HEART of the matter and take over the bleacher bums home bar after the Sox stomp baby bear flesh (right behind the centerfield corner) at Addison and Waveland --used to be called "Bleachers", if my memory serves me right)

The bartenders at Murphy's Bleachers refused to serve me and then doused me with water when I showed up after game 7 with a Marlins hat and a "Chicago Cubs 2003 National League Champions" shirt on.

beckett21
01-23-2004, 08:16 PM
The bartenders at Murphy's Bleachers refused to serve me and then doused me with water when I showed up after game 7 with a Marlins hat and a "Chicago Cubs 2003 National League Champions" shirt on.

Day by day, I just become more and more enamored with Cub fans...what a fine bunch of sportsmen and humanitarians they are.