PDA

View Full Version : places you hate to play

mike squires
01-23-2004, 10:59 AM
I hate watching games on TV against Kansas City. I find them so boring. I also hate watching them play in Oakland. Aside from the fact we usually get spanked, there is just something about the Coliseum I dislike. I used to hate watching games in the Kingdom.

Places I like:Old Tiger stadium and I always enjoy watching a game against the Yankees.

PINWHEELS
01-23-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by mike squires
I hate watching games on TV against Kansas City. I find them so boring. I also hate watching them play in Oakland. Aside from the fact we usually get spanked, there is just something about the Coliseum I dislike. I used to hate watching games in the Kingdom.

Places I like:Old Tiger stadium and I always enjoy watching a game against the Yankees. Tampa Bay always looks dark on TV. I Do enjoy watching the sox play in boston , new york and cleveland though!

PINWHEELS
01-23-2004, 11:10 AM
Also any game on that channel 26 WCIU SUCKS!

SEALgep
01-23-2004, 11:15 AM
I like Anaheim's stadium and Seattle. However, I don't necessarily enjoy playing those teams. I don't hate them, but they're good.

RKMeibalane
01-23-2004, 11:38 AM
Tampa Bay
Seattle

Brian26
01-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Agreed, Seattle makes me nervous. Friday night games on the west coast make me nervous.

HITMEN OF 77
01-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Agreed, Seattle makes me nervous. Friday night games on the west coast make me nervous.

Last year on a Friday night against Peattle was great. Valentine and Everett hit first inning HR's and we killed the M's 11-2 I think. The stadium was almost empty by the 4th inning. I don't like watching games when they are in choakland, and tampa bay.

Rex Hudler
01-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
Last year on a Friday night against Peattle was great. Valentine and Everett hit first inning HR's and we killed the M's 11-2 I think. The stadium was almost empty by the 4th inning. I don't like watching games when they are in choakland, and tampa bay.

This thread would be better if it were "Ballparks I Enjoy Visiting", with USCF excluded of course.

Frater Perdurabo
01-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Ummm...Minnesota.

I can't believe it has not been mentioned yet. That turf is the worst in the MLB, the lighting sucks, the fans blow and the Sox usually lose up there.

RKMeibalane
01-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
the fans blow

This is true in more ways than one.

Frater Perdurabo
01-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
This is true in more ways than one.

The double-entendre was intentional. :)

Baby Fisk
Skydome is a silent concrete masoleum. The fans are deathly quiet; those who aren't are chatting on their cellphones. The place is soulless. When the roof is closed it's like sitting in a tomb.

Sadly there is ZERO talk of tearing it down or replacing it with something better. The current talk around Toronto is in building a new outdoor stadium for the CFL football team.

Brian26
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77

The Friday night game in Anaheim in May or June of 2002 is still fresh in my mind. They spanked us hard. Danny Wright melted down, and JM left him out there to the wolves. Anyone remember the final score? The Angels must have had 17 or 18 runs.

Brian26
01-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Skydome is a silent concrete masoleum. The fans are deathly quiet; those who aren't are chatting on their cellphones. The place is soulless. When the roof is closed it's like sitting in a tomb.

Sadly there is ZERO talk of tearing it down or replacing it with something better. The current talk around Toronto is in building a new outdoor stadium for the CFL football team.

The stadium is only 14 years old. Structures of that size and cost have to have a longer shelf-life than that. Three Rivers, Riverfront, the Vet, etc all lasted at least 30 yrs a piece. Skydome is still an amazing structure. I think adding natural turf would help the feel of the place tremendously.

PINWHEELS
01-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk

Sadly there is ZERO talk of tearing it down or replacing it with something better. The current talk around Toronto is in building a new outdoor stadium for the CFL football team. I Remember that place rocking in the early 90's when they had those world series teams playing there!

Iwritecode
01-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Ummm...Minnesota.

I can't believe it has not been mentioned yet. That turf is the worst in the MLB, the lighting sucks, the fans blow and the Sox usually lose up there.

I agree. Hopefully the new turf they are laying down this year will be a little better...

Baby Fisk
01-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by PINWHEELS
I Remember that place rocking in the early 90's when they had those world series teams playing there!
...which proves that 52,000 people can rock ANYWHERE! :cool:

I remember when Skydome opened it was heralded as The Eighth Wonder of the World. But take away the fancy roof and it's just a multi-functional cookie cutter bowl stadium. It's really a bridge between the bowl era and the retractable era. What sucks is that we are likely stuck with this thing for decades to come. I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! :angry:

chisoxfan79
01-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
The Friday night game in Anaheim in May or June of 2002 is still fresh in my mind. They spanked us hard. Danny Wright melted down, and JM left him out there to the wolves. Anyone remember the final score? The Angels must have had 17 or 18 runs. 19-0 I remember that game because Julio Rameriz hit his first career homer

ChiSox21
01-23-2004, 04:37 PM
I like when the Sox play in Boston and New York and i hate when they play in Detroit cuz theres no one there. And i also don't mind when the Sox are playing in the Urinal and of course there kicking ass.

Chisox353014
01-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Ummm...Minnesota.

I vote Minnesota also. I hate watching any game in that pathetic excuse for a stadium. Football, baseball, even college basketball when they have NCAA tournament games there.

SoxFan78
01-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Anywhere on the West Coast. Seems like the Sox could never win on that left coast

southsidegirl
01-23-2004, 05:38 PM
I like the As whenever they don't play the Sox. I hate all games against west coast teams and I despise the Metrodome with a passion. Detroit seems so lonely and Yankee stadium is too loud. I like it when it's loud when I'm in the ballpark, but I find it hard to pay attention when it's on TV.

akingamongstmen
01-23-2004, 06:11 PM
Tropicana Field just plain sucks.

I also hate playing the Twins for many, many reasons.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-23-2004, 06:12 PM
The roller dome looks awful on tv and in real life. The same goes with the Tampa bay stadium. Thankfully the Sox didn't get moved to Tampa! All the games look bad on WCIU, better known as Soviet TV. The thing that's the worse about the Skydome is the one time last season when it took them like 20 minutes to close the roof when it rained.

whitesoxwilkes
01-23-2004, 06:20 PM
The best word to describe the Trop is dingy. They walls are cinder block painted white, and they have this dreadful old scoreboard that looks like something from a high school gym. The game I went to last year was the infamous Koch meltdown on July 4th...all the more reason why it's the worst place to play. At least in the Humpdome you have 30,000 fat ice cream eating Minnesotans to make fun of.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Same here. There were like 3 Tampa Bay fans in the entire stadium and they said to me, "Wow, three white sox fans! I didn't know that many existed!" Like there's any room for the rays to trash about attendence! I think it's safe to say there were more Sox fans in Tampa than ray fans.

southsidegirl
01-23-2004, 06:26 PM
I remember that game, Hawk couldn't believe that they had a rain delay in a dome. I loved the look on Frank's face when he looked up at the sky from the dugout.

beckett21
01-23-2004, 08:25 PM
I went to Comerica last year and watched us deal Maroth his 19th L. It was actually pretty sweet, walking up to the box office 1 hour before gametime and scoring seats in the third row 3B side. But of course the best part was making fun of the Tiggers. It actually kind of reminded me of going to Comiskey, the people there were actually interested in the game. Of course there weren't too many there, but...

beckett21
01-23-2004, 08:26 PM
Oh, places we hate, sorry. Rollerdome. No contest.

Thunderstruck30
01-24-2004, 12:34 AM
Oh come on its gotta be Wrigley. I gotta listen to that idiot Chip Caray and theres no Hawk-isms!!!