PDA

View Full Version : Nickname for Buerhle

jamteh
01-22-2004, 09:13 PM
I think it's about time we gave Buehrle a nickname. I think an obvious (and pretty intimidating one) would be The Bear. Any thoughts/other suggestions?

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-22-2004, 09:13 PM
I know a favorite around here is burlymon.

Burly-mon Sox Clubhouse. Mark Buerhle. A reference to the old Hans & Franz routine on Saturday Night Live.
from the WSI dictionary!

I-55_Series
01-22-2004, 09:26 PM
Actually, I've put a little thought to this:

The Dealer
(deals quickly to the mound, dealer always wins, etc.)

The Deer Hunter
(offseason pastime)

or something having to do with his increasing resemblance to Elvis

Allan
Pilsen/Hyde Park

Lip Man 1
01-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Saint....as in Mark "Saint Louis Bound" Buehrle.

Lip

HITMEN OF 77
01-23-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by I-55_Series

The Dealer

Like that one. Will go good at Soxfest with "The Dealer" and "Black Jack" there. Who shall we call the "The Joker"

:jerry

No joker here....

CLR01
01-23-2004, 02:42 AM
Why do we need to give the players stupid nicknames? We are not the cubs.

MarqSox
01-23-2004, 07:16 AM
Mark Boo-Early
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/entertainment/0302/gallery.simpsons.characters/gallery.mr.burns.jpg
"Wait, are you saying 'boo' or Boo-Early?"

chosk8
01-23-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
Why do we need to give the players stupid nicknames? We are not the cubs.

I don't mind the nicknames given to the Sox players. As a matter of fact, IMO, Hawk is second to none in his ability to come up with these. The Deacon, Officer Karkovice, The Big Hurt, Spanky LaVallier, Ditchweed Danny (Pasqua), The Milkman, this list goes on and on. On the other side of town, nicknames like "The Horn" for Mark Bellhorn and "The Ram" for Aramis Ramirez are flat out, hands down stupid. I don't know why Carey even bothers. In any case, "The Dealer" sounds good to me.

Lip-
To take your "Saint" suggestion one step further, a "Dealer" often times deals the "Cards".

soxfan26
01-23-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by I-55_Series

The Dealer

:hawk
"Here's the 3-2 pitch... GAS! HE GONE!"

:DJ
"That's strikeout number 5 for The Dealer tonight"

:gulp:

bestkosher
01-23-2004, 08:28 AM
can you say Ozzie for the wild card between the dealer and black jack

chisoxfan79
01-23-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Saint....as in Mark "Saint Louis Bound" Buehrle.

Lip I could not agree more with that nickname. I have a friend who goes to school in St. Charles, Missouri (his hometown) He said he ran into him at a bar back in November and started talking to Buehrle. My friend told him that he was a Cub fan and that he was one of the few White Sox that he liked. Then Buehrle told him don't worry I am going to be a Cardinal soon.

Mickster
01-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Nickname = EMINEM

Heard it on a radio interview once and thought it was hilarious. Does kinda look like him, though....

kittle42
01-23-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfan79
I could not agree more with that nickname. I have a friend who goes to school in St. Charles, Missouri (his hometown) He said he ran into him at a bar back in November and started talking to Buehrle. My friend told him that he was a Cub fan and that he was one of the few White Sox that he liked. Then Buehrle told him don't worry I am going to be a Cardinal soon.

I'm sure.

southsidegirl
01-23-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by chisoxfan79
I could not agree more with that nickname. I have a friend who goes to school in St. Charles, Missouri (his hometown) He said he ran into him at a bar back in November and started talking to Buehrle. My friend told him that he was a Cub fan and that he was one of the few White Sox that he liked. Then Buehrle told him don't worry I am going to be a Cardinal soon.

And how many years is he signed with us?

Maybe he had a few too many :gulp: s

Hangar18
01-23-2004, 04:04 PM
I work with a Cardinal Fan here, and Ive been calling
Buehrle "Red Bird" for a while now, he thinks its totally funny