PDA

View Full Version : Arod/Manny & RSox/WSox update

otis
01-22-2004, 12:52 PM
I have been out of town without internet access, so I have been unable to respond to some questions for me.

There were more Arod discussions with Boston but nothing appears imminent; ironically due to Kenny Williams reluctance to trade Magglio at this time. Understand from Boston's perspective, that the deal was completed a month ago with them getting Arod & Maggs. Their fans were exstatic. If they get Arod and trade fan favorite Nomar without getting Maggs, it would be a huge blow to Boston. Theo knows it and unfortunately for him, KW knows it as well. In order for the Sox to get involved Kenny is trying to force either Texas or Boston to also take Koch with the WSox getting Damon in return. Chicago would be willing to add the extra few million to make this deal.If KW holds true, the Sox would trade Maggs, Koch, & a prospect for Nomar, Williamson, & Damon. Boston is holding firm on the same trade a month ago.

Another interesting twist, and I thought about not even posting this because it sounds so crazy. There have been talks including Anaheim into a four team trade. My source explained to me that multi team trades are often discussed but rarely completed due to the complexity of the deal. That being said, there were discussions with all four teams when officials for each team liked the fit of what would be the biggest trade of all time. The deal would result in:

Texas getting: Manny, WSox prospect or Koch,
Boston getting: Arod, Magglio, WSox prospect or Koch, Rowand
Anaheim getting: Nomar, Konerko, pitcher,
Chicago getting: Damon, Williamson, Erstad, Washburn, Ben Weber, Adam Kennedy

Like I said, the chances of this happening probably aren't good, but each team thinks the trade is a fit in terms of money and players.

The WSox would move Erstad to first base.

CHISOXFAN13
01-22-2004, 12:58 PM
:Texas getting: Manny, WSox prospect or Koch,

Like I said, the chances of this happening probably aren't good, but each team thinks the trade is a fit in terms of money and players.

The WSox would move Erstad to first base. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, we'd be the favorite and then some to win this division. KC and Minny wouldn't be able to touch that pitching staff.

While I know it seems unrealistic, at least it seems like KW isn't going to just give Maggs away. Things are starting to get interesting around here.

maurice
01-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by otis

Yuck.

Dadawg_77
01-22-2004, 01:01 PM
SP E Lo
Sp MB
SP Washburn
SP Garland
SP ?

C Olivo
1B Erstad (why not RF?)
2b Harris? Kennedy?
3b Crede
ss Jose
LF Lee
CF Harris? Damon?
RF Damon? LTP?
DH Thomas

hmmmm......

santo=dorf
01-22-2004, 01:02 PM
Why would the Angels tinker with team any further? They look set to compete this year. Is :jerry running the Angels?

SoxxoS
01-22-2004, 01:04 PM
Chicago would be willing to add the extra few million to make this deal.

:reinsy

"Whoa. Nobody let me in on that one."

CHISOXFAN13
01-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
Why would the Angels tinker with team any further? They look set to compete this year. Is :jerry running the Angels?

They have enormous depth at SP and outfield so they can afford to move both Washburn and Erstad.

Their biggest hole right now looks to be 1B which makes sense with Konerko and Garciaparra would be a no-brainer.

Dadawg_77
01-22-2004, 01:09 PM
From ESPN.com

Starter Jarrod Washburn and reliever Ben Weber avoided arbitration with the Angels on by agreeing to one-year contracts Jan. 20. Washburn a 29-year-old left-hander, will earn $5.45 million next season. He was 10-15 with a 4.43 ERA last year, when he earned $3,875,000. He has a 56-41 record with a 3.96 ERA with the Angels, who selected him in the second round of the 1995 amateur draft. Weber will earn $900,000 next season, up from $375,000. The 34-year-old right-hander was 5-1 with a 2.69 ERA in 62 relief appearances last year. He is 19-5 with a 2.80 ERA with seven saves in 191 relief appearances since the Angels acquired him from the Giants in 2000.

Nomar is better then Eckstien who could move to 2nd. They have no 1B which is why Erstad is moving there, but they may value experience Konerko has.

fledgedrallycap
01-22-2004, 01:09 PM
Thanks, Otis.

One thing is for sure, it would be a whopper of a trade if it went down....

hold2dibber
01-22-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
SP E Lo
Sp MB
SP Washburn
SP Garland
SP ?

C Olivo
1B Erstad (why not RF?)
2b Harris? Kennedy?
3b Crede
ss Jose
LF Lee
CF Harris? Damon?
RF Damon? LTP?
DH Thomas

hmmmm......

I would think Kennedy would start at 2B, not Harris. And despite what Otis says about Erstad moving to first, it seems much more likely to me that he'd move to RF so Konerko could stay in the line-up (instead of having Erstad at first and Borchard, Reed or Bernard in RF). My guess is that the line-up probably would be:

Damon CF
Kennedy 2B
Thomas Dh
Lee LF
Valentin SS
Konerko 1B
Crede 3B
Erstad RF
Olivo C

That's a decent line-up, particularly if Konerko and/or Crede step it up a notch or two over last year. The bullpen, with Marte, Shingo, Wunsch, Politte, Williamson, Weber and Wright, would be fantastic. And Washburn would be a great addition to the rotation.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, because that trade would make the Sox the best team in the division.

EDIT: Whoops. Just saw that Konerko would go to the Angels. I missed that the first time through. That would leave Erstad at 1B and probably a rookie in RF. The line-up therefore would be somewhat iffy and Maggs' absence would be felt. Basically, you'd have Damon, Kennedy, Erstad and Borchard/Reed replacing Rowand, Harris, Konerko and Maggs. Hmmm. I think the line-up overall would be a bit weaker. If it actually were to happen, I'd hope the Sox would try like heck to trade for Everett or perhaps to sign Mondesi to an incentive laden deal.

SEALgep
01-22-2004, 01:12 PM
I may be the minority, but I don't like it. We have no way of moving Valentin in a trade, unless we put him at second (Adam Kennedy though). Damon is solid, no doubt, but I just assume give Rowand a full season to show he is a major leaguer, which I believe he is. I just assume keep Maggs. This brings up a lot of question marks to me. I could be wrong though.

CHISOXFAN13
01-22-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I may be the minority, but I don't like it. We have no way of moving Valentin in a trade, unless we put him at second (Adam Kennedy though). Damon is solid, no doubt, but I just assume give Rowand a full season to show he is a major leaguer, which I believe he is. I just assume keep Maggs. This brings up a lot of question marks to me. I could be wrong though.

If Konerko goes to Anaheim in the deal, then move Thomas to first and Valentin to DH.

Not the greatest offensive numbers, but at least his glove would be out of the equation.

hold2dibber
01-22-2004, 01:16 PM

Valentin would still be the Sox starting SS - Nomar goes to Anahim from us (with PK) for Erstad, Washburn, Weber and Kennedy.

santo=dorf
01-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
If Konerko goes to Anaheim in the deal, then move Thomas to first and Valentin to DH.

Not the greatest offensive numbers, but at least his glove would be out of the equation.

And who DH's when a lefty is on the mound?

RichFitztightly
01-22-2004, 01:19 PM
I don't know if I'd like Anaheim getting involved with this. I'd love to see Nomar on the Southside. I'd love to see this as a lineup:

1B) Konerko/Thomas
2B) Harris/Uribe
ss) Nomar
3B) Crede
LF) Lee
CF) Damon
RF) Rowand/Reed/Borchard or whoever can take it

Bullpen:
Wright
Wunch
Williamson
Marte
Mr. Zero
and whoever else

I can live with a starting rotation of:
Loaiza
Beurlhe
Garland
and whoever wants the 4 and 5 spots

This may be the ideal line-up in Chicago. A Konerko trade to LA for Perez and Mota wouldn't be bad either, but I'd be happy with what I posted

Dadawg_77
01-22-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
IEDIT: Whoops. Just saw that Konerko would go to the Angels. I missed that the first time through. That would leave Erstad at 1B and probably a rookie in RF. The line-up therefore would be somewhat iffy and Maggs' absence would be felt. Basically, you'd have Damon, Kennedy, Erstad and Borchard/Reed replacing Rowand, Harris, Konerko and Maggs. Hmmm. I think the line-up overall would be a bit weaker. If it actually were to happen, I'd hope the Sox would try like heck to trade for Everett or perhaps to sign Mondesi to an incentive laden deal.

I know I almost wish Matt Stairs was still on the market. Him and Frank switchin off between first and DH with Erstad in RF.

soxfan26
01-22-2004, 01:26 PM
If they get Arod and trade fan favorite Nomar without getting Maggs, it would be a huge blow to Boston. Theo knows it and unfortunately for him, KW knows it as well.

IMO the Sox could not ask for a better situation to move Maggs' salary, and to dump Koch. In the three team deal, trading Nomar is still the Sox best option at filling a few holes.

There have been talks including Anaheim into a four team trade. The deal would result in:

The Chicago White Sox involved in one of the biggest trades in baseball history? We will have to wait and see I guess...

CHISOXFAN13
01-22-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
And who DH's when a lefty is on the mound?

Thomas, and Gload can play first.

lowesox
01-22-2004, 01:30 PM
At this point any trade is a good trade, because right now, I really dislike how this team looks for next year. Personally, I still prefer making a deal with LA for Nomar. The way I figure it, if you can get two very good young pitchers like Mota and one LA's two top pitching prospects, you have something to show for Ordonez for a very long time after. Although, yeah, I like the Anaheim scenario too since it would put us into contention immediately.

I hope Kenny's just playing hardball while Boston and Texas work out the kinks because I'd hate to see us not pull the trigger on some kind of trade for Ordonez.

Win1ForMe
01-22-2004, 01:30 PM

First of all, this would be a great trade for the Sox. As I look at the team our holes are 2B, CF, SP, bullpen. Of course it would create a gap in RF without any obvious replacements (Mondesi? Reed? an Everett trade?)

otis, if the teams are happy with money and players involved, then why wouldn't the trade happen?

Iwritecode
01-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Hmmm. I think the line-up overall would be a bit weaker.

The past few years the Sox have had teams with lots of power and didn't have a lot of problems scoring runs. With the 4-way deal, the BP and starting rotation would improve a lot.

Maybe it would be better to try to build a team around pitching for once???

If it actually were to happen, I'd hope the Sox would try like heck to trade for Everett or perhaps to sign Mondesi to an incentive laden deal.

IIRC, they won't be about to get Everett back for 6 months...

SEALgep
01-22-2004, 01:32 PM
If we are holding the cards (granted that doesn't mean they would do it, which would be fine as well) then what about Maggs and Koch for Nomar and Williamson. Same deal, but we demand they take Koch's contract. I don't know if Valentin would take second or be a 5 million dollar utility man, but either way it could work. Reed/Borchard/Rowand would have to battle for the two outfield spots, and I guess Harris as well if Valentin is at second.

jabrch
01-22-2004, 01:38 PM
If we are holding the cards

The funny thing is that we could be holding a royal flush and still not be smart enough to know how to play it. I could see that...KW at a poker table dealt a Royal Flush and ending up only winning a $10 pot or something silly like that.

BlackSox
01-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Thanks, Otis.

Sure is fun to think about on this bitterly cold day.

Hokiesox
01-22-2004, 01:48 PM
So, is Kenny trying to fix this lousy offseason of inactivity in one fell swoop?

I don't like that, but the trade would be great.

CHISOXFAN13
01-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Hokiesox
So, is Kenny trying to fix this lousy offseason of inactivity in one fell swoop?

I don't like that, but the trade would be great.

Well, Sox Fest is only eight days away..........

Hokiesox
01-22-2004, 01:56 PM
What this tells me is that Kenny has been sitting around all offseason putting all our eggs in one basket. That reeks of incompetence to me. Plan A didn't work (signing Colon) Plan B isn't working...

Why don't we have "plan C-H"? Where are they? Why is he sitting around waiting for this to happen?

joecrede
01-22-2004, 01:58 PM
If we are holding the cards (granted that doesn't mean they would do it, which would be fine as well) then what about Maggs and Koch for Nomar and Williamson. Same deal, but we demand they take Koch's contract. I don't know if Valentin would take second or be a 5 million dollar utility man, but either way it could work. Reed/Borchard/Rowand would have to battle for the two outfield spots, and I guess Harris as well if Valentin is at second.

Right. If we hold the cards I don't want anything to do with Damon. Maggs/Koch for Nomar/Williamson is the way to go. The Sox save about $5M in that deal. Valentin goes to second or DH, Reed goes to center and use the $5M to sign Mondesi as Maggs replacement. Then revisit Konerko+cash/Perez with the Dodgers.

Reed CF
Lee LF
Nomar SS
Thomas 1b
Valentin DH
Mondesi RF
Crede 3B
Olivo C
Harris 2B

Buehrle
Loaiza
Perez
Garland
Schoenweiss

Marte
Williamson
Pollitte
Mr. Zero
Wunsch
Wright

Foulke You
01-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Either scenario would improve the Sox. I happen to be a Nomar fan so I'm a little biased towards the deal that brings in Damon, Nomar, and Williamson by letting go Maggs and Koch. The Anaheim scenario is interesting and would certainly improve our pitching but I think like Boston, our fanbase needs a big name to come in return if we are giving up our favorite son, Magglio Ordonez just as they feel the same about giving up Nomar.

I tend to agree with Otis that a 4 team trade seems unlikely. There is too much to iron out between the teams and I'd imagine one team probably always feels like they are getting the short end of the stick. I think the one way Boston/Chicago trade scenario is more likely.

gogosoxgogo
01-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Wow, either one of those trades (involving Anaheim or not) would be incredible. I've got my faith in KW. He's not going to give up Maggs for anything less than what will make us better. His non-chalant attitude towards trading Maggs has really helped because teams know he is not seeking to trade him and know that they will have to give up a lot to get him. Thanks a lot for the info otis, and keep us posted if you learn more!

Palehose13
01-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the info, otis! I'm not so crazy about the 4-team trade. I would be all over the Ordonez and Koch for Nomar, Damon, and Williamson.

kittle42
01-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Gload can play first.

WHY are there so many people who assume "The Great Ross Gload" will be in this team's starting lineup or even make the team at all?

kittle42
01-22-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
IIRC, they won't be about to get Everett back for 6 months...

Isn't Florida rumored to be interested in doing the same thing with Ivan Rodriguez?

CHISOXFAN13
01-22-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
WHY are there so many people who assume "The Great Ross Gload" will be in this team's starting lineup or even make the team at all?

It was a platoon question. Someone asked who would play first/DH when Valentin would be forced to sit out against LHP.

Read the entire thread before bashing the post. Not once did I say Gload should be a full-time starter.

kittle42
01-22-2004, 02:45 PM
Read the entire thread before bashing the post. Not once did I say Gload should be a full-time starter.

I didn't bash your post, and I left open the question of whether he should make the team at all. I merely quoted you to have a basis for bringing up the Gload love-fest which has been seen in several threads.

CHISOXFAN13
01-22-2004, 02:48 PM
I didn't bash your post, and I left open the question of whether he should make the team at all. I merely quoted you to have a basis for bringing up the Gload love-fest which has been seen in several threads.

Gotcha. I misunderstood. I feel the same way you do about Gload, but at this point, judging by the roster, it looks like he'll be a part of the team.

Nick@Nite
01-22-2004, 03:38 PM
If the pin is ever pulled on this fragmentation-grenade of a deal, the entire American League will be picking shrapnel out of their asses.

34 Inch Stick
01-22-2004, 04:38 PM
If I am Kenny I would do either deal (I like the Angels scenario better).

Otis, why must you tease us with these visions of what might be. I feel like a bizzaro world Scrooge!

jordan23ventura
01-22-2004, 05:42 PM
WOW! Either trade would benefit us, but I for one like the Anaheim scenario if it could be worked out because it would rid us of Koch and Konerko all at once and allow us to get adequate compensation for Magglio.

If this trade did go through, and we could "creatively" figure out some way to pry Everett's measely 3mil salary from the Expos, we would go from favorites to heavy favorites in the AL Central.

good:
1. Damon CF
2. Lee LF
3. Thomas 1B
4. Erstad DH
5. Crede 3B
6. Kennedy 2B
7. Borchard RF
8. Valentin SS
9. Olivo C

great:
1. Damon CF
2. Lee LF
3. Thomas 1B
4. Everett RF
5. Erstad DH
6. Crede 3B
7. Kennedy 2B
8. Valentin SS
9. Olivo C

lowesox
01-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Question for OTIS:

Do you know by chance if the Sox are still looking at sending Nomar to LA? If so, would he be the only player we'd send them?

I still think this might be the best option. Thanks for posting all the information. Even if nothing happens, it makes things more interesting around here.

doctor30th
01-22-2004, 05:56 PM
I think that it would take more than one prospect to get this trade through, and those prospects would probably be Cotts and Reed.

StillMissOzzie
01-22-2004, 06:11 PM

After being forced to accept Willie Haris at 2B, this sounds good.

SMO

TaylorStSox
01-22-2004, 06:24 PM
I think that it would take more than one prospect to get this trade through, and those prospects would probably be Cotts and Reed.

Not that I agree with this, but, I think Reed might be the most untouchable player in the entire organization.

gogosoxgogo
01-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Everyone that has posted has done so in regards to what this would do for our starting lineup. However, you're ignoring the biggest part of this trade - pitching! Not only would the Anaheim deal land us Washburn as a starter, but our pen would be amongst the best in the entire league if we added both Williamson and Weber.

With that said, the more I think about this trade, the more I prefer the straight-up trade with Boston opposed to involving Anaheim. The trade for Anaheim gives us more pitching, but leaves us with a much bigger whole in the lineup. I feel our bullpen would be fine without Weber, so the only one I would miss getting would be Washburn. However, with Nomar in the lineup, we are force to be reckoned with. I also think Paulie will rebound to the point where he is at least a solid 1B, better than Erstad would be anyway. Kennedy would be nice at second, but keep in mind that with Nomar playing short, you can have Jose, Uribe, or Harris play second. Here is our team with just the Boston deal, no Anaheim:

CF - Damon
LF - Lee
SS - Garciaparra
DH - Thomas
1B - Konerko
3B - Crede
2B - Valentin
RF - Borchard/Reed
C - Olivo

With a bench of Alomar, Uribe, Harris, Rowand, and Borchard/Reed

SP - Buehrle
SP - Loaiza
SP - Garland
SP - Schoeneweis
SP - Cotts

Closer - Zero
SU - Marte
SU - Williamson
Middle - Politte
Middle - Wunsch
Long - Wright

That first half of that lineup looks amazing. The second half is a bit scary but has the potential to be good.

The first half of the rotation also looks to be solid. The fourth and fifth spots scare me to death and I would feel a lot more confident if Garland was our fourth starter.

I really like the bullpen. I think that it is solid and deep. We have guys who can fill in if others are not getting the job done.

Dadawg_77
01-22-2004, 06:39 PM
The biggest problem with Erstad playing the OF is he gets hurt too much. I would move him to LF for about 120 games, Lee in left for the rest and other time at DH. The part time playing time should give his hammy the rest it will need. Borchard in RF, not sure on this but as him being a QB, I suspect he got a strong arm. Damon in CF. You can rotate people around as needed. This OF would be very strong defensively and Erstad isn't good enough with a bat to be a first base man, most of his value comes from patrolling field. He has a career OPS of .770 with .344 OPB and doesn't take pitches.

OEO Magglio
01-22-2004, 06:47 PM
I like both scenarious, but I'd be extremely happy with the angels scenario, the sox would then have one of the best bullpens in baseball, with a much better rotation with washburn in there, and then we'd have some speed in the lineup with damon, erstad, and kennedy, but nothing good happens to us sox fans, so I doubt this will happen.

Fenway
01-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Theo Epstein just said this on TheRemyReport.com

From Theo's chat:
I'm sure you'll see Nomar wearing the Red Sox uniform in Ft. Myers. There was no truth whatsoever to the recent reports about the return of the ARod deal. I urge everyone to move on, regardless of what some radio guy in Chicago says.

CWSGuy406
01-22-2004, 08:52 PM
This is great if it goes down. Washburn puts us over the top for the AL Central's Best Starting Pitching (World's tallest midget, I know), and gives us much needed bullpen help. It gives us a solid leadoff hitter/centerfielder. The only part I dislike is that we lose some of our power in Magglio, but if we aren't going to resign him anyways, we should get as much as possible for him.

This isn't the greatest, but this is a rotation that can win us some games:
Buerhle
Loaiza
Garland
Washburn
Shoen/Diaz

And, a bullpen that I'm happy with:

Wunsch
Wright
Williamson
Weber
Politte
Marte
Mr. Zero

Our lineup would be pretty odd without Magglio, but I'd be happy with it:

1.) CF Damon
2.) LF Lee
3.) DH Thomas
4.) 1B Erstad
5.) 3B Crede
6.) SS Valentin
7.) RF Reed/Borchard
8.) 2B Kennedy/Harris
9.) C Olivo

That lineup and pitching staff could be very competitive, especially in this great division.

kittle42
01-22-2004, 09:05 PM
These trades will never happen.

soxtalker
01-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Hokiesox
What this tells me is that Kenny has been sitting around all offseason putting all our eggs in one basket. That reeks of incompetence to me. Plan A didn't work (signing Colon) Plan B isn't working...

Why don't we have "plan C-H"? Where are they? Why is he sitting around waiting for this to happen?

I haven't been a big supporter of KW, but I have to disagree. Just because he hasn't pulled the trigger on any deal dosen't mean that he hasn't been looking at a number of them. He's been playing poker and keeping his cards very close to his chest. Much as I would like to know what he's contemplating, he doesn't let very much out. The rumors that we've heard are generally based on information from the other clubs.

gosox41
01-22-2004, 10:07 PM
I have been out of town without internet access, so I have been unable to respond to some questions for me.

There were more Arod discussions with Boston but nothing appears imminent; ironically due to Kenny Williams reluctance to trade Magglio at this time. Understand from Boston's perspective, that the deal was completed a month ago with them getting Arod & Maggs. Their fans were exstatic. If they get Arod and trade fan favorite Nomar without getting Maggs, it would be a huge blow to Boston. Theo knows it and unfortunately for him, KW knows it as well. In order for the Sox to get involved Kenny is trying to force either Texas or Boston to also take Koch with the WSox getting Damon in return. Chicago would be willing to add the extra few million to make this deal.If KW holds true, the Sox would trade Maggs, Koch, & a prospect for Nomar, Williamson, & Damon. Boston is holding firm on the same trade a month ago.

Another interesting twist, and I thought about not even posting this because it sounds so crazy. There have been talks including Anaheim into a four team trade. My source explained to me that multi team trades are often discussed but rarely completed due to the complexity of the deal. That being said, there were discussions with all four teams when officials for each team liked the fit of what would be the biggest trade of all time. The deal would result in:

I guess I can live with Erstad for a season or two only if the Sox are able to unload both Koch and Konerko.

Bob

hold2dibber
01-23-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
Our lineup would be pretty odd without Magglio, but I'd be happy with it:

1.) CF Damon
2.) LF Lee
3.) DH Thomas
4.) 1B Erstad
5.) 3B Crede
6.) SS Valentin
7.) RF Reed/Borchard
8.) 2B Kennedy/Harris
9.) C Olivo

That lineup and pitching staff could be very competitive, especially in this great division.

Erstad batting fourth!! I wouldn't bat Erstad fourth on a high school team. I think he'd probably hit 8th, Kennedy 2nd and Lee 4th.

Frater Perdurabo
01-23-2004, 08:31 AM
As I have stated many times before, I don't want Maggs to be traded.

That being said, if a 4-team trade happened along the lines of what Otis has rumoured/reported, the Sox would weaken their lineup but balance it out (lefty-righty), fill holes with veterans, allow Reed or LTP to move up, and most importantly, build a stronger rotation and killer bullpen.

Getting rid of Konerko's and Koch's salaries would help too.

jabrch
01-23-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
allow Reed or LTP to move up,

Dumb Question...
LTP? I have seen those initials around a bunch and for the life of me I can't figure out who that is.

Jerry_Manuel
01-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
Dumb Question...
LTP? I have seen those initials around a bunch and for the life of me I can't figure out who that is.

It's a nickname for Joe Borchard.

Foulke You
01-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
Dumb Question...

"LTP" stands for "Light Tower Power" as the previous post said, it is a nickname that Borchard got around these parts because of his tremendous power potential.

Dadawg_77
01-23-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Foulke You
"LTP" stands for "Light Tower Power" as the previous post said, it is a nickname that Borchard got around these parts because of his tremendous power potential.

Not exactly, in a spring game he jacked one straight out to the light tower in the parking lot. That was monster shot which lead to the nickname.

kittle42
01-23-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Foulke You

May I suggest "GPQB" instead?

Go play quarterback.