PDA

View Full Version : Hangar 18 Calls Season Ticket Holder meeting with Cousin

Hangar18
01-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Meeting to discuss Lifting of Economic Sanctions

(AP) Chicago,IL. Hangar18 has requested a meeting
with his cousin for sometime this evening, after 7pm.
Sources say the meeting will cover the recent signing by
the SOX of aging Japanese star Shinjo Takatsu, and if that
move is enough to Lift the Economic Sanctions
imposed by them earlier in the year.
Hangar is said to be excited, at the thought the Sox have actually done something.

"Im a bit relieved knowing theyre actually trying to fill some
of the holes they themselves have created. Its a good move
even for PR purposes, because they need it. Its too early
to tell what our meeting will cover, and if this is enough
to lift our Sanctions", said the long-time Sox Fan.
According to terms of the Sanctions, both Hangar & his Cousin
must be Unanimous in deciding whether to lift the Sanctions.

mandmandm
01-22-2004, 01:41 PM
Funny, I was having the same meeting with my wife last night.

voodoochile
01-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Sources say the meeting will cover the recent signing by
the SOX of aging Japanese star Shinjo Takatsu, and if that
move is enough to Lift the Economic Sanctions
imposed by them earlier in the year.
Hangar is said to be excited, at the thought the Sox have actually done something.

"Im a bit relieved knowing theyre actually trying to fill some
of the holes they themselves have created. Its a good move
even for PR purposes, because they need it. Its too early
to tell what our meeting will cover, and if this is enough
to lift our Sanctions", said the long-time Sox Fan.
According to terms of the Sanctions, both Hangar & his Cousin
must be Unanimous in deciding whether to lift the Sanctions.

So in this case zero might actually be worth something to the Sox...

depy48
01-22-2004, 04:53 PM
best of luck in the meetings Hangar

Frater Perdurabo
01-23-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
So in this case zero might actually be worth something to the Sox...

Yeah, some of KW's best trades have worked out to be zeros (Ritchie, Wells, Koch).

soxfan26
01-23-2004, 09:15 AM

Any word on how the talks went? I heard that Bud Selig set a 7pm EST deadline on Friday for Hangar and his cousin to decide.

Hangar18
01-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by soxfan26
Any word on how the talks went? I heard that Bud Selig set a 7pm EST deadline on Friday for Hangar and his cousin to decide.

According to sources, Hangar18 has asked Mr.Selig to inform
the MLB and Kenny Williams of a 48 Hour Extension.
"There are many variables we would like to cover, including the
fact we would like to know more about Mr Takatsu. It is important that we determine that the White Sox and Kenny Williams via Mr Reinsdorf are Bargaining in Good Faith with us"
Said Hangar18. It is widely believed that the cousin, only known by the name of Rick, was not as enthused at the signing as Hangar was. Cousin Rick did agree to analyze the situation
and promised to come to a decision within 48 hours.

Hangar18 and his cousin Imposed Economic Sanctions against the White Sox after the holidays, which include refusing to automatically Renew their season tickets, unless a Good Faith
effort is made to make the team better this offseason. The Sox during the offseason have made very little effort in filling holes on their team, letting key free agents leave the team also.

Hokiesox
01-23-2004, 11:01 AM
my vote would be to carry on the embargo and visit the Sox in away cities where JR doesn't make as much money for it.

Dadawg_77
01-23-2004, 11:05 AM
I would hold off and wait. Look it isn't like there will be a mad rush for Sox ticket leaving you with none. Wait and see how good/bad the team is. You can always buy season tickets for the remaining part of the season when weather gets better and the Sox are showing signs of life.

Hangar18
01-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
I would hold off and wait. Look it isn't like there will be a mad rush for Sox ticket leaving you with none. Wait and see how good/bad the team is. You can always buy season tickets for the remaining part of the season when weather gets better and the Sox are showing signs of life.

Thats a good point. The SOX' actions certainly have NOT
made the fans Light Up the Switchboards over at 35th & Shields
looking for season tickets. This is an interesting tactic.
Instead of just putting our trust in them right from the outset,
(which I really would do, seeing im a SoxFan, and would love to support this organization, but I just Dont Trust Them) and
throwing Big $$$ at them, We should do what theyre doing to us, if they get good, we put the $$$ down. IF they dont,
we just handpick certain games and have a good time that way
too, we just wont go to as many gms. I say to the SOX again: Show me something, Anything, I want to spend $$$.

npdempse
01-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Hanger, did you get your free UD ticket yet for failing to renew? That wasn't enough of a good faith move?

Seriously, hold out for something bigger. The Takatsu signing is nice, but I'm waiting for a blockbuster before I re-up. It's our duty as fans to DEMAND major moves each off-season until the team is a perennial contender.

ewokpelts
01-23-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
Hanger, did you get your free UD ticket yet for failing to renew? That wasn't enough of a good faith move?

Seriously, hold out for something bigger. The Takatsu signing is nice, but I'm waiting for a blockbuster before I re-up. It's our duty as fans to DEMAND major moves each off-season until the team is a perennial contender.

we get one?
Gene

npdempse
01-23-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
we get one?
Gene

I got a pair, I'll post some of the text of the letter that came with them when I have it handy. Some priceless stuff about how it's not really all that bad that the Sox haven't signed anybody, please come back!

CubKilla
01-23-2004, 02:05 PM
It is widely believed that the cousin, only known by the name of Rick, was not as enthused at the signing as Hangar was. Cousin Rick did agree to analyze the situation
and promised to come to a decision within 48 hours.

Cousin Rick has good reason not to be enthused :D:

CubKilla
01-23-2004, 02:07 PM
I got a pair, I'll post some of the text of the letter that came with them when I have it handy. Some priceless stuff about how it's not really all that bad that the Sox haven't signed anybody, please come back!

:D: :D: :D: :D: :D: Oh..... that's funny! :D: :D: :D: :D: :D:

You should send the two freebies back too only this time, enclose an "I'll Buy Season Tickets Again If....." manifesto.

Rocklive99
01-23-2004, 02:11 PM

I think I got that letter in email. It was reply to ticket information that I asked for after the end of last year. It said:

We are looking forward to a great year. A lot has been said and written about what the Chicago White Sox have or have not done this winter, but the bottom line is we are returning seven of nine starters from our 2003 team, and begin with a great core of starting pitchers like 21-game winner Esteban Loaiza, Mark Buerle and Jon Garland. Our management, especially GM Ken Williams, has consistently been extremely aggressive in putting together a competitive combination of players on the field and this trend will continue in 2004. Aside from the team, we also have a renovated ballpark and some of the finest food and amenities to enhance your experience at a game.

Iwritecode
01-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Rocklive99
but the bottom line is we are returning seven of nine starters from our 2003 team,

Wow, they're right:

Thomas
Konerko
Valentin
Crede
Olivo
Lee
Magglio

It's just too bad that at least one of the other 2 spots could have been filled so easily...

and begin with a great core of starting pitchers like 21-game winner Esteban Loaiza, Mark Buerle and Jon Garland.

But boy does it sure fall off after that...

ewokpelts
01-23-2004, 03:39 PM

i feel bad that i sent a deposit back in dec(still not convinced that renewing is teh way to go...but wanted to lock my seats just in case)
Gene

Hangar18
01-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
i feel bad that i sent a deposit back in dec.........but wanted to lock my seats just in case)
Gene

Who is your Ticket Rep? Scott Boras?

thecell
01-23-2004, 04:55 PM
I'm not renewing. Uncle Jerry better send my deposit back.

anewman35
01-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

It's just too bad that at least one of the other 2 spots could have been filled so easily...

Yeah, too bad Roberto Alomar and his agent are stupid, right? I think it was KW's fault!

ewokpelts
01-23-2004, 06:24 PM

This is my first year as a "renewing" customer. How was I to know that the "deadline" was flexible?
Gene

npdempse
01-24-2004, 02:18 AM
We are looking forward to a great year. A lot has been said and written about what the Chicago White Sox have or have not done this winter, but the bottom line is we are returning seven of nine starters from our 2003 team

Yep, that was the letter.

LOL!! Brilliant.

This is my first year as a "renewing" customer. How was I to know that the "deadline" was flexible?

FWIW, I think the final, final deadline was last Friday. But it just goes to show how desperate this team is to get people in the stands. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a season ticket plan right behind the bullpen at this point.

TommyJohn
01-24-2004, 03:42 AM
I think I got that letter in email. It was reply to ticket information that I asked for after the end of last year. It said:

Aside from the team, we also have a renovated ballpark and some of the finest food and amenities to enhance your experience at a game.

Our team stinks, but we have a great park and great food, so
come on out anyway. What a lame sales pitch.

:reinsy

Hey!! It works for the Cubs!!

dickallen15
01-24-2004, 09:11 AM
[

FWIW, I think the final, final deadline was last Friday. But it just goes to show how desperate this team is to get people in the stands. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a season ticket plan right behind the bullpen at this point. [/B][/QUOTE]

You could get a plan at anytime. What the deadline is for , is if you miss it, your seat location would be given up, and you would lose your senority. Your seat location may be as good or better later on, depending where you sat, and how long you've had tickets. I'm sure there are many non-renewels, just from the lack of the All Star Game alone. I think they might have changed it this year, but in the past, the longer you have had season tickets, the bigger the discount you received on them. I'm sure these things could be negotiated after the deadline. I don't see any long lines outside the White Sox ticket office. I renewed mine and always will. Even if they are bad, which I don't believe they will be, I'll have a great vantage point to show my disgust.