PDA

View Full Version : Reed issued invite to Spring Training

Frater Perdurabo
01-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Outfielder Jeremy Reed, named by Topps the Minor League Player of the Year after hitting .373, is among seven minor-leaguers who will join camp in Tucson, Ariz.

Story, for the Tribune-registered. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040121soxmoves,1,3935946.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines)

If he shines brightly in Tuscon, Reed may have an opportunity to hit his way into the Sox outfield picture.

According to the story, LTP also has been issued an invite to ST.

Frater Perdurabo
01-22-2004, 10:53 AM
Reed and Joe Borchard, who struggled in Triple A last year, will be among the position players participating in workouts that begin Feb. 25.

"Our mind-set is they need more seasoning," Williams said. "But you can never overlook the unforeseen. If somebody goes down and they perform well, you could start a season with these guys."

Interesting. KW has not closed the door on either Reed or LTP making the roster if they perform well and someone else struggles (or gets hurt running into walls).

rmusacch
01-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
Story, for the Tribune-registered. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040121soxmoves,1,3935946.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines)

If he shines brightly in Tuscon, Reed may have an opportunity to hit his way into the Sox outfield picture.

According to the story, LTP also has been issued an invite to ST.

LTP automatically received an invite to spring training by virtue of being on the 40 man roster.

munchman33
01-22-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm not disappointed, but when I saw this headline I thought you meant Rick Reed. :(:

nodiggity59
01-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Who is "LTP"?

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-22-2004, 09:36 PM
LTP = Light Tower Power. Joe Borchard, Former 1st round pick of the White Sox. The highly touted prospect. He once hit a home run that hit the light towers apparently.

Daver
01-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
LTP = Light Tower Power. Joe Borchard, Former 1st round pick of the White Sox. The highly touted prospect. He once hit a home run that hit the light towers apparently.

When he was playing for Stanford he hit a homerun from both sides of the plate that cleared the light towers,in the same game.