PDA

View Full Version : Still want I-Rod???

Paulwny
09-05-2001, 03:00 PM
Check out the 5yr. contract extension he wants, JR would drop dead first.
http://www.canoe.ca/Slam010905/mlb_ivan-ap.html

Randar68
09-05-2001, 03:02 PM
No, I still want CJ....

flame away!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
09-05-2001, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
No, I still want CJ....

flame away!

Flame away?? I wholeheartedly agree with you and have been pushing the same "Bring CJ back" cause on this message board.

Randar68
09-05-2001, 03:49 PM
Flame away?? I wholeheartedly agree with you and have been pushing the same "Bring CJ back" cause on this message board.

Well, unfortunately, I'm realistic enough to realize there's about as much chance of that as there is JR shelling out for 1st round catching talent drafte before the 6th round...

LongDistanceFan
09-05-2001, 04:03 PM

Well, unfortunately, I'm realistic enough to realize there's about as much chance of that as there is JR shelling out for 1st round catching talent drafte before the 6th round... A possible second knee injury and 20 mil........ no way!

Randar68
09-05-2001, 04:06 PM
A possible second knee injury and 20 mil........ no way

Uhhhh, it was in reference to CJ, not I-Rod, I think we'll all agree an oft-injured player isn't worth that much moolah

LongDistanceFan
09-05-2001, 04:23 PM

Uhhhh, it was in reference to CJ, not I-Rod, I think we'll all agree an oft-injured player isn't worth that much moolah oh i know, its that at mil a yr, imo no player is worth that much.

Randar, i respect you view, is cj worth loosing the 1 rounder it would it take to get him?

Randar68
09-05-2001, 04:29 PM
Randar, i respect you view, is cj worth loosing the 1 rounder it would it take to get him?

Well, if the Sox thought Sandy was worth it, then CJ would be too...

You're right, 20 million is not worth it. However, CJ is durable and has been proven to be an everyday catcher. I-Rod's always hurt. Also, CJ is only going to be asking for around 9-10 million, likely.....maybe not even that much...

Also, one of the most likely things to be altered in the new CBA is the way the draft is conducted, and it's doubted whether or not draft picks will be rewarded as compensation in the future...