PDA

View Full Version : New Renovation photos on MLB

Medford Bobby
01-20-2004, 04:24 PM
Check out the progress from inside The Cell!!!!!!! :smile:

:R&R "At least these guys were never busted for selling dope"

Medford Bobby
01-20-2004, 04:26 PM
My bad........go to the whitesox site on MLB and click on "ballpark renovations"...........

thecell
01-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Here's a link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/photogallery/upperdeck_renovations/040112/page_01.jsp)

chisoxmike
01-20-2004, 04:38 PM
When it gets really bad, we can jump off the roof!

thecell
01-20-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm just surprised Uncle Jerry laid out a couple bucks for the digital camera

BeerHandle
01-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Looks great. Can't wait till it is complete!

anewman35
01-20-2004, 04:50 PM
They posted a couple week's worth, looks like they kept taking them but just forgot to post them...

SSN721
01-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Looks very nice, cant wait to see it finished later this year, how many days til opening day? :D:

HITMEN OF 77
01-20-2004, 05:15 PM
I'm impressed, looks good! Whatever happened to the 24 hour video they had on the Sox site? It was kinda neat watching it snow in the middle of the night at Comiskey.

cheeses_h_rice
01-20-2004, 05:23 PM
So, let's take wagers on who and when will be the first one here to complain about the obstructed views of the "new" UD...

I'll say 2-3 hours after the home opener; no names, though.

:)

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Awesome. It will look even better if they do the other stuff in 2005.

steff
01-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
So, let's take wagers on who and when will be the first one here to complain about the obstructed views of the "new" UD...

It will be Henry... :D:

Has anyone thought about the wind coming off the lake with this new design..? Or is there going to be a wall up the back? Looks all open to me. BTW.. I got my hands on a copy of the ISA agreement.. interesting stuff.

Frater Perdurabo
01-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
Check out the progress from inside The Cell!!!!!!! :smile:

:R&R "At least these guys were never busted for selling dope"

LOL

They really are taking this retro thing to the edge of the absurd...

dougs78
01-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by steff
Has anyone thought about the wind coming off the lake with this new design..? Or is there going to be a wall up the back? Looks all open to me.

I dont know the final plan, but I do recall the artist's renderings were enclosed by windows. So that when you stood on the upper deck concourse there would be some old-fashioned paned windows extending from the top of the concession stands to the underside of the upper deck.

steff
01-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
I dont know the final plan, but I do recall the artist's renderings were enclosed by windows. So that when you stood on the upper deck concourse there would be some old-fashioned paned windows extending from the top of the concession stands to the underside of the upper deck.

Ahh.. thanks dougs!! Might have helped had I paid attention to the plan pictures.. :D:

soxnut
01-20-2004, 06:10 PM
It will be Henry... :D:

Has anyone thought about the wind coming off the lake with this new design..? Or is there going to be a wall up the back? Looks all open to me. BTW.. I got my hands on a copy of the ISA agreement.. interesting stuff.

How about sharing some information about it please?? :?: :smile:

DrCrawdad
01-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

My LIPs are sealed.

dickallen15
01-20-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
My LIPs are sealed.

How could those "fan friendly" owners have a park with obstructed view?

Brian26
01-20-2004, 10:41 PM
Strange, but I thought the roof might extend a little bit further out over the seats than what we're seeing in these pics. Does anyone know if the roof will basically stop where the facade is construction right now, or will the unconstructed roof overhang even more? I need to go back and look at the pics again...

Lip Man 1
01-20-2004, 11:26 PM
Folks:

I don't think the obstructed seats are that big of a deal, I mean outside of the Cubs series they aren't going to be filled anyway, especially with the way the 2004 is probably going to turn out.

Lip

Blueprint1
01-21-2004, 12:35 AM
Lip your always so positive. Why do you even watch the sox?

hold2dibber
01-21-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1

I'm guessing that Lip, like many Sox fans I know, are afflicated with being a Sox fan despite the fact that he has little hope that it will bring him the satisfaction of being a fan of a winner. I'm not nearly as pessimistic as Lip - but I don't for a second blame him for being so pessimistic.

Frater Perdurabo
01-21-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1

A pessimist never will be disappointed.

Lip also subscribes to Riley's Corollary to Murphy's Law (that everything that can go wrong, will go wrong).

Riley's Corollary states: "Murphy was an optimist."

soxnut
01-21-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
A pessimist never will be disappointed.

Lip also subscribes to Riley's Corollary to Murphy's Law (that everything that can go wrong, will go wrong).

Riley's Corollary states: "Murphy was an optimist."

You're right about pessimists, they never are disappointed. This is the type of Sox fan the Sox don't need. It's baseball, there has always got to be hope, that's why they have to play the games.

I don't care how many times fans may have think they have been screwed, if you think that negatively, then just go away. Do something else.

CubKilla
01-21-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
I don't care how many times fans may have think they have been screwed, if you think that negatively, then just go away. Do something else.

Don't worry. Most of the negative thinking White Sox fans left in '97 and haven't been back since.

steff
01-21-2004, 01:07 PM
How about sharing some information about it please?? :?: :smile:

What do ya want to know. It's HUGE and there's a LOT of information (a lot of which I am struggling to understand) but I'll do my best to look up what you want to know.

soxnut
01-22-2004, 01:07 AM
What do ya want to know. It's HUGE and there's a LOT of information (a lot of which I am struggling to understand) but I'll do my best to look up what you want to know.

Well steff, you say it is pretty interesting stuff. I'd like to know what it is that you find interesting about it. What's in it? Maybe a broad overview? But really what is it that you find interesting? :?: :?:

Thanks

nut_stock
01-22-2004, 03:46 AM
These pictures have me a little confused, Picture 3 (left field corner) shows entire rows of seats missing in the lower third of the upper deck yet this is not the case in picture 2 (closer to homeplate). Also if you look at picture 5, they are replacing windows on the 3rd base side but not the 1st base side.......

anewman35
01-22-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
These pictures have me a little confused, Picture 3 (left field corner) shows entire rows of seats missing in the lower third of the upper deck yet this is not the case in picture 2 (closer to homeplate). Also if you look at picture 5, they are replacing windows on the 3rd base side but not the 1st base side.......

Well, they still have months to go, too. I wouldn't worry too much about it...

soxnut
01-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Yeah, they still have a long way to go. It's only January. It does look like there is a window frame being put in the space next to the press box area. That area was always open. Wonder what's going on there? :?:

hold2dibber
01-22-2004, 11:43 AM
You're right about pessimists, they never are disappointed. This is the type of Sox fan the Sox don't need. It's baseball, there has always got to be hope, that's why they have to play the games.

Sounds like you'd prefer the company of Cubs fans over most Sox fans I know. Most Cubs fans I know always think it's going to get better (and it looks like they finally may be right). Most Sox fans I know hold out little if any hope of it getting better (and for good reason).

soxnut
01-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Sounds like you'd prefer the company of Cubs fans over most Sox fans I know. Most Cubs fans I know always think it's going to get better (and it looks like they finally may be right). Most Sox fans I know hold out little if any hope of it getting better (and for good reason).

I think I prefer their attitude, more than most Sox fans attitude, but not their company. I think Cubs fans do go overboard in their hopefullness though. But, I don't think there is a more poor attitude than Sox fans unfortunately. And, like I've said before, if my fandom relied on the attitude of the fans, I probably wouldn't be one. Thank God it doesn't. :smile:

Mammoo
01-22-2004, 01:47 PM
It's going to be a big improvement! :smile: