PDA

View Full Version : Rosenthal: Mariners will spend money

munchman33
01-20-2004, 11:36 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2062936

Options he gives are Maddux, Pudge, Hidalgo, and Mags.

gosox41
01-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by munchman33
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2062936

Options he gives are Maddux, Pudge, Hidalgo, and Mags.

Any chance they want Koch?

Bob

rmusacch
01-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
Any chance they want Koch?

Bob

They have Everday Eddie Guardado, which makes me think that they thought it was probably a pretty good idea that Sasaki was going to back to Seattle when he signed with them.

soxtalker
01-20-2004, 12:21 PM
I remember that Seattle was mentioned earlier in possible trades, but I didn't think that Maggs was the focus. Any ideas as to what players and prospects that they have that might be tempting for us?

HITMEN OF 77
01-20-2004, 12:28 PM
I hate the Mariners!! That's all I hear out here is Peattle this and that. From what everyone says, I take it they can walk on water. I haven't seen anything in my local paper about trades with the Sox though.

:blockhead

How can you hate a team that will probably win 120 games this year?

pudge
01-20-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
I hate the Mariners!! That's all I hear out here is Peattle this and that. From what everyone says, I take it they can walk on water. I haven't seen anything in my local paper about trades with the Sox though.

Mariner fans have come way down off their perch since that 116 win season, I'm not as annoyed with them lately... As for Maggs, I'd love to see him in Seattle because I'd get to watch him everyday, but it doesn't seem a likely fit... first off, $9 million is not $14 million, unless the Sox want to pay a HUGE chunk of salary, which doesn't seem worth it unless you can get some players in return... which begs the question, who could we get? Rafael Soriano, Ryan Franklin and Randy Winn? Then okay fine, pull the trigger. But that's highly doubtful.

habibharu
01-20-2004, 01:33 PM
how bout mags for garcia and soriano

beckett21
01-20-2004, 02:09 PM
I have always been high on Freddy, but his value is low now--I thought we were on the brink of getting him for Valentin back when all those rumors were swirling. Soriano is someone high on our list supposedly. That might not be a bad deal overall, but it would leave a gaping hole in our O.

Garcia will have a nice rebound year this year, watch for it.

HITMEN OF 77
01-21-2004, 12:54 AM
Let me say once more, I hate the Mariners! OK, now that's out of the way. Tonight on Fox Sports Net they had a interview with Dave Nehieus (sp?) "voice of the Mariners" on the Mariners and his broadcast career etc etc. I couldn't believe my ears. That moron stated "the Mariners have been the heart of baseball" What the heck are these Peattle people on?

:boston

Everyone knows Boston is the heart of baseball.